Methadone Treatment

With a classic name like Coldbeer lol

If you are on a controlled substance that is akin to Heroin, why would you even wish to carry? If you have to give a U.A. after an incident do you wish to wind up in court with a positive U/A? How are you even able to drive? It is obvious that I have too much time on my hands if I am replying to this “Trollish” baiting.

never understood why they put herion users on methadone being it's similar drug
hope you can get off the stuff asap ..kudos to you for trying to break the habit best wishes with that
i read legal cigarettes are more addictive than herion so if folks can quit those you can quit that hopefully for good
best wishes

If you are on a controlled substance that is akin to Heroin, why would you even wish to carry? If you have to give a U.A. after an incident do you wish to wind up in court with a positive U/A? How are you even able to drive? It is obvious that I have too much time on my hands if I am replying to this “Trollish” baiting.
what is a u.a?????????/

C'mon the same troll thaty started this thread is the troll that dug it up, He just changed his name

Sorry, Urinalysis for a full screen of substances to include alcohol some times asked for if an individual appears to be under the influence and maybe to rule out other medical issues. That is all.

Question 11 – E on the current ATF Form 4473 is as follows:

Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, or narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?

ATF Form 4473

Since your answer would appear to be yes I'm going to guess that there will be some negative effects WRT getting a CHP
Or he can lie, which would be a crime. I wouldn't approve him.

Bull that is a lie methadone taken like prescribed has very little side effects and had none that effect your mind at worst you may be drowsy at first when u start taking it, it couldnt effect anyones abillity to carry a firearm if they are taking like there prescribed
My, neighbor, a retired LEO, became addicted to pain meds following a bad OTJ injury and several spinal surgeries. Methadone was considered a substitute to break the habit. Her husband says that ever since she acted much differently.

Last Saturday she put a bullet in her own head. 50 yrs old. May God bless her.

My, neighbor, a retired LEO, became addicted to pain meds following a bad OTJ injury and several spinal surgeries. Methadone was considered a substitute to break the habit. Her husband says that ever since she acted much differently.

Last Saturday she put a bullet in her own head. 50 yrs old. May God bless her.

I used to work for a PM&R doc, pain management pts go through hell. being in constant pain for years wears on you especially when there's no relief.

Or he can lie, which would be a crime. I wouldn't approve him.
Ok first the question on the 4473 is ARE you not WHERE you! "Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, or narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?" if your NOT using a illegal drug or addicted to one then you can answer no on the 4473. He is NOT using heroin so the first part is ok. He is on a prescription drug under the care of a doctor ( methadone for treating heroin is the most regulated drug in the USA) so he is not addicted to anything as he is now in treatment so the second part of the question is also ok to answer no to. Unless your were addicted does not count unless of course you got a record from it. Next a PRESCRIBED drug is not a ILLEGAL drug thus not reportable on the 4473. Next Methadone used to help people WITHDRAW form heroin as it mimics the heroins dependency effect without "high" part. People addicted to heroin only enjoy it for the first month or so. After that they become dependent on it Ie they can not function without it as they will go through a few days to a week or more of very bad withdraw. Addicts for any amount of time do not take the drug to get "high" they take it to get to where normal used to be. Taking PRESCRIBED drugs does not prevent you from obtaining a permit in any state that I know of as it is not illegal.

4473 states "Illegal OR addicted." As replacement therapy for another addiction such as heroin it qualifies. Methadone is a schedule-II controlled substance. Current methadone users must answer "yes" on a 4473. You must read the actual law to see this though. It's not clear on the form. It doesn't matter if the drug is prescribed. Unlike many other schedule-II drugs used to treat pain, it's main use is to treat addiction.

You can be busted for DUI while under the influence of methadone, depending on the concentration in the body. You can be arrrested for reckless endangerment in many states while carrying a firearm under the influence of alocohol or any narcotic or opiate or controlled substance, again depending on the concentration. Even marijuana users can be charged with DUI. Hell, you can't even enter a restaurant in some states because they sell alcohol. You have to dig through the law and case-law applications to get a better answer.

When he no longer needs methadone I would welcome him to the community.

Not sure if what your saying is a NY thing or what. Methadone as a prescribed treatment does not qualify as addiction. Thus one on methadone can legally affirm they are not addicted to any substance or taking any illegal substances. I have seen several examples. Not only on the 4473 but with state carry permits as well.

Not sure if what your saying is a NY thing or what. Methadone as a prescribed treatment does not qualify as addiction. Thus one on methadone can legally affirm they are not addicted to any substance or taking any illegal substances. I have seen several examples. Not only on the 4473 but with state carry permits as well.
It's not a NY thing, it's an addiction thing. Check fed case law. The drug is a schedule-II narcoticand has repeatedly been used to prove the existence of the addiction. If the user is not an addict then they can stop methadone treatment. Any drug counselor will tell you,,, there is no such thin g as an ex-addict.

it is said that legal cigarettes are more addictive than crack or smack
and many have quit that addiction
best wishes to all addicted to harmful substances

it is said that legal cigarettes are more addictive than crack or smack
and many have quit that addiction
best wishes to all addicted to harmful substances

This is the second time this has ever happened but I have to agree W/Beagle Eyes. I have been 100% stone cold sober for 30 years should my RKBA be taken away?

(FWIW I still think the OP was trolling)

Try to stop it and let us know how that works.

It's not a NY thing, it's an addiction thing. Check fed case law. The drug is a schedule-II narcoticand has repeatedly been used to prove the existence of the addiction. If the user is not an addict then they can stop methadone treatment. Any drug counselor will tell you,,, there is no such thin g as an ex-addict.
For rehab purposes I agree once a addict always a addict. However as I said once your on methadone your not a addict anymore as it is a prescription. The people I have delt with all agree on this. Once your in treatment your not addicted to a drug UNLESS you start taking no prescribed drugs again. The question on the 4473 is ARE you not where you. The medications prescribed to you by a doctor are privileged and not applicable to the 4473. As it is ILLEGAL for a doctor to prescribe a drug the patient is addicted to. Also Methadone has almost ZERO "intoxicating" effects for the majority of users.

i don't agree with once an addict, always and addict
though it is rare, some folks quit and never look back
be it cigarettes alcohol or illegal drugs like crack and smack

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back