Methadone Treatment

Uncle Guss

Hey everyone,
I just had a quick question I was hoping someone could help me with, I just can seem to get a clear answer on this.
I have absolutely NO criminal record, clean as a whistle in that department, but a little over a year ago I voluntarily (NOT court ordered) joined a Methadone Treatment Program that im still apart of today.
I was just wondering if being on the Methadone Program would have any negative effects regarding my CCW being approved.

Thanks!
-Brian

Question 11 – E on the current ATF Form 4473 is as follows:

Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, or narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?

ATF Form 4473

Since your answer would appear to be yes I'm going to guess that there will be some negative effects WRT getting a CHP

Being a drug addict will prevent you from legally getting your CHP (if you fill out the 4473 honestly). If you have ever been arrested for possessing/using illegal drugs, it will be on your record when they do your background check.

Hey everyone,
I just had a quick question I was hoping someone could help me with, I just can seem to get a clear answer on this.
I have absolutely NO criminal record, clean as a whistle in that department, but a little over a year ago I voluntarily (NOT court ordered) joined a Methadone Treatment Program that im still apart of today.
I was just wondering if being on the Methadone Program would have any negative effects regarding my CCW being approved.

Thanks!
-Brian

Yes, being in a treatment program, voluntary or not, shows a history of drug usage which will prevent your getting a permit. Lying will get you prison.

I applaud you for seeking help for your substance use disorder. It would be unlawful to carry a firearm while in a treatment program. In that Methadone is highly addictive, I would suggest titrating down to 40mg and entering an abstinence based program. Then when you meet federal and state guidelines for carrying it would legal. It is also unlawful to omit the information on an application. I had to wait due to TN law. I know from my experience that stability comes with longterm sobriety.

Really???? The fact that a year has passed and you still are "in treatment" should speak volumes to you. Most likely you are sucking the gov't teet (program)...Methadone is a strong drug, often Rx'ed to people for chronic pain...You ARE STILL a drug addict, with little grip on reality if you think you can safely posess a gun. WTF? Why is this post still even up here for comment???

(program)...Methadone is a strong drug, often Rx'ed to people for chronic pain...You ARE STILL a drug addict, with little grip on reality if you think you can safely posess a gun. WTF? Why is this post still even up here for comment???
this is really terrible truth lol couldn't have said it better myself

adverse reactions can include:
Body as a Whole – asthenia (weakness), edema, headache

Cardiovascular – arrhythmias, bigeminal rhythms, bradycardia, cardiomyopathy, ECG abnormalities, extrasystoles, flushing, heart failure, hypotension, palpitations, phlebitis, QT interval prolongation, syncope, T-wave inversion, tachycardia, torsade de pointes, ventricular fibrillation, ventricular tachycardia

Nervous – agitation, confusion, disorientation, dysphoria, euphoria, insomnia, seizures

Special Senses – hallucinations, visual disturbances

And you want to carry a gun? Not on the same planet I live on, please.

[I think its not right that someone is getting help for there addiction and with a legal drug that dont impair your abillity or judgment like methadone and gets punished for it.

Im on methadone and its a good thing because its helped me stay away from drugs but i cant even own a gun now because of a misunderstanding with a officer that charged me with prohibited person carrying a firearm because im in treatment, couldnt even get my kmber back and lost my conced permit

Bull that is a lie methadone taken like prescribed has very little side effects and had none that effect your mind at worst you may be drowsy at first when u start taking it, it couldnt effect anyones abillity to carry a firearm if they are taking like there prescribed

your crazy methadone is a safe treatment wirh very little side effects, they are sweating and constapation an maybe drowsyness is a few people but it dont get you high and most programs are 2 year programs and thats to keep you from wanting to go make to drugs

I dont understand that because im in a treatment program for methadone and it dont impair your judgment or abillity to carry a firearm and as long as it supervised by a doctor whats the harm in carrying and shoting firearms as long as u follow your treatment to the t

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back