"Mental Illness" prohibitions on CCW permits

Ya think maybe with this new Obamacare bill, with the Feds reviewing medical info we have an exposure.
Surely they won't abuse their authority . . . surely . . . . :cray:

Sad but true..., I foresee a time not long from now whereby anyone who was ever prescribed medication for depression or anxiety will have his or her permit revoked. Change we can be believe in?

Regards,
Dan O.

Again, it's pure pandering to medieval stigma, in order to sell the unpopular group up the river, for the benefit of the rest; here, the people who wanted to carry CW's, agreed that the "mentally ill" wouldn't be included under it-- using their OWN ARBITRARY DEFINITION of "mental illness" to include something OTHER than an actual proven THREAT-- just pure public bigotry and hysteria. It doesn't matter if you're already disabled-- now you're going to be DISARMED as well.

The Michigan CW law is insane anyway; it's based on the claim that you MIGHT "get into" a fist-fight, and then pull a CW on the other person-- i.e. the notion that thugs have the right to be WARNED before assaulting you.They don't care about rights, just obedience; they'd rather see you beaten, than a thug shot-- it's not about rights with the state, it's about BOTTOM-LINE DEATH-TOLL.

This law also dates back to 1937, when the government was still doing mandatory state-ordered sterilizations, frontal lobotomies, and shock-treatments on people considered "mentally ill" on absolutely ZERO objective evidence-- even without any incidence of a crime, or proof that they were a threat to themselves or others. Just pure mob-will, no different from anything else-- just like slavery, genocide, and any other pragmatic imposition of dictatorial claimed "necessity" or "greater good" etc.

In short, HUMAN SACRIFICE on the altar of plebiscite.

Now, this is being PRESERVED via the CCW laws.
Ironically, Ben Franklin said that "Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on lunch; liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
Only this law DISARMS the lambs-- but it doesn't matter, the mob has spoken.

Don't worry, they'll put the ever so compassionate Janet Reno in charge.

We were always in an empire, since the Lincoln Administration; the fed was simply never so BRAZEN about it.
But now, they're not even trying to hide it anymore.

For example, the fed only has the Constitutional authority to raise revenue through taxes, under Article I-- NOT through TAKINGS, which are prohibited by Amendment V of the Bill of Rights.

By forcing people to BUY health-insurance, the fed is TAKING property from individuals, in order to pay for a law-- since they couldn't get enough votes to pass a new TAX to fund it, as a Constitution REQUIRES.

So basically, it's once again pure mob-rule: i.e. the mob didn't WANT to follow the Constitution-- so they didn't!

The fed has never hidden its claim, that "questions of state sovereignty were 'settled' via the Civil War."

In other words: the law was DICTATED by force of arms-- NOT by PROOF of what the law actually MEANT...which by definition, makes it a DICTATORSHIP.

But it's a MOB-RULE dictatorship; so that makes it ok, since it's a "DEMOCRACY."

And as Ben Franklin said, again: "democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch: LIBERTY is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

So gun-control laws are, by definition, the destruction of liberty.

On the application for CCW permit here in MS there is no direct question as to your mental health. The only direct question has to do with past domestic violence charges. Other than that it is just your basic info and a waiver for them to pull records and documents, ie, medical records, criminal record and to talk to people who know you personally. So I guess they check such records the best they can and make a decision based on that.

Mac

However from what I understand, NYS also never ISSUES permits to anyone less than a rich and famous celebrity.
Can someone help me with this one? In NYS, If you are denied a license to carry, Is there an appeal process? It would seem to me that if the issueing body wrongfully denies you then a district court should up hold the letter of the law. That's the way it is here in NH. They have 14 days to issue/deny. you have 30 days to appeal to the district court. they have to put your appeal ahead of anything on the docket. NO CHARGE! If there is an issue of mental health, you must be declaired mentally ill by a court decission. As for checking a box on the request form that would give a missleading answer, I did that. Absolutly unintended. There was something on an arrest record that was 42 years old. Not many of us remember all of what happened that long ago. Anyway, There is a statement on the form that says " These statements are true and accurate to the best of my memory and recolection" If thats not on your request form, I would sugjest you put it there. on that 14th day, after my denial, the chief said he would only use the "False Statement" If someone became irate about the denial. The chief worked with me to get this issue resolved. Now I'm licensed. I don't understand how an issueing body can get away with not following the letter of the law.

Great, if you happen to live there.
That's not the case in most other states, including mine; you just need to have EVER been diagnosed by ANY doctor. This is purely arbitrary and unconstitutional, but we live in a dictatorship, the question of whose power is considered to be "settled by the Civil War" rather than by actual law.
Brad
I guess I have to ask the question I always ask. Is there no appeal process in your state? We have 30 days to appeal
After denial. the court must put your appeal ahead of all else on the docket. If your issueing body says no is that it?

Brad
I guess I have to ask the question I always ask. Is there no appeal process in your state? We have 30 days to appeal
After denial. the court must put your appeal ahead of all else on the docket. If your issueing body says no is that it?

An appeal is only for when the board makes a MISTAKE-- NOT if you simply disagree with the law, since they can't change it.

And there's no mistake made, if they turn you down based on the law-- since the law DOES require that people with "mental illness" can't get a CCW (again, the law defines mental illness as "any nervous condition that prevents a person from dealing with everyday life", completely irrespective of whether they're a danger to themself or others-- the mob has spoken).

To change the law, you have to take it to the state supreme court-- and not many people have the money to do that, particularly if they HAVE a condition that "keeps them from dealing with everyday life;" it's how the powerful oppress the powerless, through making them an offer they can't re-use, i.e. "you can take it to court if you don't like it--" when the reality is that most people don't have the MEANS to challenge a law in court, particularly those most VULNERABLE to abusive laws.

If you call up the courthouse and ask how to do it, they'll tell you to get a lawyer or go to the law-library--i.e. neither are viable options, since lawyers cost lots of money, and law-libraries don't tell you. It's just bureacratic imperialism.

My psychology instructor is a Dr. She told the class that in order for her to get paid by the insurance company; she has to assign a mental disorder to every patient she sees. That means: Everyone who gets any kind of care from a mental health provider is going to be Stigmatized (For the rest of their lives.) as Mentally Ill.
My CCW permit is being withheld by the Catawba Co. NC. mental health dept. (3 years now.) The reason they gave me for withholding my permit is according to them; (I have a serious substance abuse problem.) I made the mistake of telling them I had smoked pot 25 years ago, and at that time 15 years ago, I drank beer at home, after work, every day. I was told that for ONLY 118 dollars I could have a substance abuse evaluation, and IF I passed I would get the permit. The director said; (It is nothing to worry about, lot's of people have to do it!) At 118 dollars each that's a lot of extortion money. I was Lied to and used for my insurance by them, and I know that I will be out 118 dollars if I were to pay the corrupt Bastards for the evaluation.
To this day, I do not have a criminal record, not even a DWI. But my name is in the mental healths departments records and I am mentally Ill by Their Standards; So Everyone Beware; If you talk to a Mental Health Provider for any reason, You will be Stigmatized as Mentally Ill Forever! PS. The 5th and 14th amendment's right to due process; The mental health people do not have to follow it. That Doctors word is the word of GOD!!

My psychology instructor is a Dr. She told the class that in order for her to get paid by the insurance company; she has to assign a mental disorder to every patient she sees. That means: Everyone who gets any kind of care from a mental health provider is going to be Stigmatized (For the rest of their lives.) as Mentally Ill.
My CCW permit is being withheld by the Catawba Co. NC. mental health dept. (3 years now.) The reason they gave me for withholding my permit is according to them; (I have a serious substance abuse problem.) I made the mistake of telling them I had smoked pot 25 years ago, and at that time 15 years ago, I drank beer at home, after work, every day. I was told that for ONLY 118 dollars I could have a substance abuse evaluation, and IF I passed I would get the permit. The director said; (It is nothing to worry about, lot's of people have to do it!) At 118 dollars each that's a lot of extortion money. I was Lied to and used for my insurance by them, and I know that I will be out 118 dollars if I were to pay the corrupt Bastards for the evaluation.
To this day, I do not have a criminal record, not even a DWI. But my name is in the mental healths departments records and I am mentally Ill by Their Standards; So Everyone Beware; If you talk to a Mental Health Provider for any reason, You will be Stigmatized as Mentally Ill Forever! PS. The 5th and 14th amendment's right to due process; The mental health people do not have to follow it. That Doctors word is the word of GOD!!

Look like you might be out of luck in NC.

Requirements:
The sheriff shall issue a permit within 90 days after receipt of a complete application to an applicant who:
• is a citizen of the U.S. and has been a resident of the State for at least 30 days immediately prior to filing the application;
• is at least 21;
• does not suffer from a physical or mental infirmity that prevents the safe handling of a handgun;
• has successfully completed an approved firearms safety and training course which involves the actual firing of handguns and instruction in the law governing the carrying of a concealed handgun and the use of deadly force;
• is not ineligible under federal or state law to possess, receive, or own a firearm;
is not currently or has not been adjudicated or administratively determined to be lacking mental capacity or mentally ill;
• has not been discharged from the armed forces under conditions other than honorable;
• is or has not been adjudicated guilty or judgment continued or suspended sentence for a violent misdemeanor;
• has not had judgment continued for or free on bond or personal recognizance pending trial, appeal, or sentencing for a disqualifying criminal offense;
• has not been convicted of an impaired driving offense within three years prior to the date on which the application is submitted.

Since the requirements include the phrase "adminstratively determined" they leave the door open for any "mental health provider" to put something in your record that disqualifies you. It's time to get active with your state legislative representatives and get the law changed to require adjudication of mental issues.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back