Men's Wearhouse

fudo

We went to Men's Wearhouse today in Moore, Ok. to buy some suits for a wedding. The man who waited on us was the assistant manager. I told him that I had a CCW and that I was carrying a firearm, and that I wanted to get fitted for my suit while wearing my gun, since I wear it all of the time. The respose was, "Sure, no problem, we do that all the time."
Additionally, they have other services for CCW's. They reinforced the waistband of the pants and put an extra reinforcing patch inside the jacket were the hammer rubs the inside of the jacket. They had several useful suggestions for CCW attire. The manager says that they serve a large number of CCW's.
My soon to be brother in law are ex-military. That came up in conversation. The manager and assistant manager both thanked us for our service.The staff is super CCW and military Friendly.
They also have an excellent selection of clothing and made us and our firearms feel welcome. It is a great feeling to do business with people that don't make you feel like some kind of a nut for wanting to exercising you rights. I think that if you need a suit, or Tuxedo, you will enjoy doing business with men's Wearhouse.:biggrin:

Thanks for the info.

We hear so much about anti-gun businesses that it's refreshing to hear a story like that. They'll get my business for sure.

I use them almost exclusively when I need a suit. This is good news and thanks for posting.

I'll have to start buying at Men's Warehouse here in Charleston. Have been using JOs A Bank but with that kind of review and full accommodations to men who CC, got to give support to business's that cater to us.
Thanks for the great post.

Toysrus

Was in TOYSRUS today they have the sign, checked their corporate web site and company policy states no weapons. Have written to them telling that I won't shop there anymore. And that the badguys won't read the sign, just looking for more to add to the email.
Thanks for any imput.
Tim K.

Was in TOYSRUS today they have the sign, checked their corporate web site and company policy states no weapons. Have written to them telling that I won't shop there anymore. And that the badguys won't read the sign, just looking for more to add to the email.
Thanks for any imput.
Tim K.

I don't like any of the toys they sell there anyways... :sarcastic: JK

Thanks for the info "brother", I wonder if our local MW's would be that accommodating, prolly so. Again thanks brother.

Reminds me of the plain clothes cop telling me that he had a closet full of sport coats with the left inside lining worn out of them from carrying a sholder holster and the grip rubbing against the coat. The extra patch on the inside would be just the thing for that. It probably needs to either be in leather or steel.

Similar experience in a MW here in Virginia. I also shop at Jos A Bank, does anyone have any experience with them.

I went to Joseph A. Bank first, they weren't very gun friendly, so I went to Men's Wearhouse.

Several years ago I was in a MW getting a new sports coat in New Hampshire. Since I CC all the time it never came to mind that once I found a coat I liked I would have to remove my covering garment to try a new one on! Talk about a "DUH" moment. It just so happened that the gentleman assisting me was the Assistant Manager so I told him my problem. He just smiled and said, "OK, let's get you fitted so you won't print". Talk about being pleasantly shocked! I thought he was going to do the fitting but he called out back for an older gentleman, the tailor, told him what was needed and the tailor just smiles and me and proceeds to fit the coat. The tailor says to me after he is done that when I come in to pick up the fitted coat to make sure it hangs just right and the Asst. Manager says he will check it personally. I will ALWAYS get my suits and sports coats from MW, they are top notch when it comes to those of us who choose to carry.

I really would like to hear how our members from NY,NJ,Philadelphia, and Mass are treated by MW.

Thanks for any imput.
Tim K.

The one in Greenville SC doesn't have the state approved sign (the big ugly thing). Neither did the Babies R Us across the street. I did notice a guy in the Anderson store CCing (the end of the holster was sticking out below his shirt tail) but no one hassled him. It is possible though that they didn't know what they were looking at. I don't usually go looking for any other signs since the state-approved sign is a requirement for any business that doesn't allow CC inside, and it is required to be in a certain place (in other words you can't hide it in a corner).

I will definitely be shopping at Men's Wearhouse in the future. I need a new suit anyway.

Great now my wife has ammo to use agest me to get me into mens wearhouse. She has been on me for years to go there. Thank you for the info , i needs some new slacks now i know where to go.

Similar experience in a MW here in Virginia. I also shop at Jos A Bank, does anyone have any experience with them.

No idea regarding CCW but I can tell you that I had a Jos A Bank suit get holes in it after less than a year. In fairness I can't say for sure what happened to it though, although I seldom wear a suit.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back