Men are not men.

My wife would agree. Although she sees me as 18 with 35 years experience she recently got a look at a different side of me. She's been recuperating from a bad auto accident and multiple surgeries. I cooked (poorly), cleaned, did all the housework and even cut her steak (she was in a cast). I did it because I wanted to. She deserved everything I had to do. 29 years married this November.

Anybody want a definition of a man then? Here ya go.

Men wearing flip flops says it all
Men wearing flip flops at the mall
Men wearing flip flops at the stall
Men wearing flip flops is our fall

It does seem to be the case I think. I see more women mowing their lawns and on tractors these days than men. I also see men in cars on side of the road waiting for someone to change a tire because they don't know how. It maybe though that men have just gotten lazy.

It does seem to be the case I think. I see more women mowing their lawns and on tractors these days than men. I also see men in cars on side of the road waiting for someone to change a tire because they don't know how. It maybe though that men have just gotten lazy.

Rchance, I always wonder myself if these men have never had the benefit of a father figure to teach them how. So many women are single-parent families these days and many do not think of the things that a boy should be taught. Not trying to assign blame, as I *was* one of these households - it was just my Mother and I from the time I was five - so I feel I speak from experience. A neighbor was kind enough to act as my "surrogate father" and teach me all about how to be a man in today's world...if he wouldn't have, I might've been one of those men standing on the side of the road.

One story that I felt really defined my manhood happened when I was barely 18. I was driving to a testing session for a job interview when I saw two women struggling on the side of the road with a flat tire. I was in a long-sleeve white dress shirt and slacks and no clothes to change into. I immediately stopped and helped and got them on their way (this was before cell phones) so they weren't stuck there. I arrived 10 minutes late to my interview in a dirty white shirt in a room with 20 other applicants and the interviewer asked, "Everyone else was here on time. Why should I let you apply?" I stared the interviewer straight in the eye and said, "I would never leave two women stranded by the side of the road. If that's a problem with this company, maybe I shouldn't work here." The interviewer stared at me hard and said, "Let me see your hands." I offered them up to which the interviewer got a widening smile and said,"Good answer. Sit down."

I got the job.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back