Massachusetts Open and Concealed Carry Laws and Information

Cost:
Resident -
Out Of State - $50

Cost:
Resident LTC fee is $100 for 6 years
Non-Residents are $100 PER YEAR

To receive a Non-Resident LTC you must already possess a permit from your home state
or a permit from another state

If you're a Vermont resident, you must get a letter from the Police Chief in your town attesting to your good character

Mass page needs updating, this section
------------------------------------------------------
Out Of State Permit Issue:
The colonel of state police may issue a temporary license to carry a handgun to a non-resident, alien, or resident who does not live within the jurisdiction of a local licensing authority. A temporary license must clearly indicate whether it is a class A or B license. The fee for a temporary license is $50. Temporary licenses are good for one year, and renewable at the discretion of the colonel of state police. Unlike regular class A and B licenses, temporary licenses may not be used to purchase firearms.

NICS check:

Permit Valid For:
Resident - 4 Years
Out Of State - 1 Year

---------------------------------------------------------

Green needs to be changed to $100

and Red text needs to be deleted because correct info is posted below that

open carry

I have been going blind for the last three days cruising the MGLs and can't find anything re: open carry.
I'm trying to organize a "Right to Carry" rally like in DC on the 19th and need to find this info first

Mass page needs updating, this section
------------------------------------------------------
Out Of State Permit Issue:
The colonel of state police may issue a temporary license to carry a handgun to a non-resident, alien, or resident who does not live within the jurisdiction of a local licensing authority. A temporary license must clearly indicate whether it is a class A or B license. The fee for a temporary license is $50. Temporary licenses are good for one year, and renewable at the discretion of the colonel of state police. Unlike regular class A and B licenses, temporary licenses may not be used to purchase firearms.

NICS check:

Permit Valid For:
Resident - 4 Years
Out Of State - 1 Year

---------------------------------------------------------

Green needs to be changed to $100

and Red text needs to be deleted because correct info is posted below that

Hello friend, I am a RI resident. My mass temporary non-res permit has been $100 per year since 2003 when I initially got it.

I have been going blind for the last three days cruising the MGLs and can't find anything re: open carry.
I'm trying to organize a "Right to Carry" rally like in DC on the 19th and need to find this info first

Yea been there and done that..

The Class A license is written to include the word concealed. There is no law forbidding OPEN carry, but there is no law that permits it. They issue you a LICENSE not a permit with the stipulation that a license can be revoked. I was told by LEOs that I know, OPEN carry is a good way to draw heat and get your license revoked.

Yea I know regulated and restricted is the way of life here in MA and it should not be.

So I guess if enough people did the OPEN carry thing here it would get attention. The issue here is the % of firearms owners in MA who have LTC that allows them to carry. The last survey that I can find with any data regarding firearms ownership is from 2001 so the numbers have since changed. I'm gonna guess 12.8 to 13.2 % perhaps are owners at this time. Small numbers here in the northeast due to the (insert adjective here__________) gun laws. Now cut that number down for the people who have Class A LTC to allow concealed carry.

I'll show up to an OPEN carry event if we can get more than 6 people to try it.

Peace...

open carry

I've been askin' around and so far have only contacted 5 (you included, so not at the benchmanrk yet!!LOL)
From what I can remember, from I don't know how long ago, open carry isn't illegal, as you pointed out, but the practice will be deemed a "Breach of rhe Peace". Your right that's probably a quick way to get your CCW revoked.
My next step is to contact the Col. of the State Police and attempt to engage him in a conversation re: open carry if a crowd is doing it for the specific purpose, peacefully, on Federal Land. My original Idea was to do it in conjunction w/ w "Restore the Constitution" rally in the Charlestown Navy Yard, right next to the USS COnstitution, but that's actually an active military base, as somebody pointed out. The rest of the Navy Yard is part of the US Park Service, but somebody suggested Concord, the battlefield is part of the US Park System as well. Maybe even Lexingotn Green or BUnker Hill. One of the Great things about MA, in this context, is we have options!
Any other's interested or any ideas?

Massachusetts has no law that prohibits open carry. The legal theory is if it is not expressly prohibited by law then it is legal.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using USA Carry mobile app

I spoke to a Leo at my lgs one month ago. He was on his break for a half hour as he was doing a training/ refreshing course that day He told me " open carry is legal in ma. I had no idea it was until we were just told during the training course. They told us that if we do come across someone oc ing To advise them that while it is legal, to please conceal your weapon before too many people get upset and we get inundated with calls". He then told me that he himself would advise as per his training and then tell the oc'er to have a nice day and let him on his way and leave the area and the person alone. He said if they don't comply that he will not bait or persure anyone into some type of ******** charges, but he is also a really good dude, and very 2a. He did advise me that he knows many Leo's that will make sure that any situation like that won't end well for that person whether they comply or not or are even given a chance to comply. Some cops suck and some don't. The fact of the matter is, that if they want, it just seems they can ruin your life, even if you're within the law, and you'll just be saying how you didn't do anything wrong or break any laws from a jail cell and repeating it to a judge anyway. This whole state and all the gun hating ******* just sucks. If I didn't need to be so close to a good hospital because of my current health status, I'd be in a free state. If that time comes before I pass away, I'm gonna move even if it's just for a f0ckn day!!! We must vote these azzhoes out!!! Band together n stay strong, don't grow tired or weak and it can happen!! It just might take 100 yrs. too many moonbats!!

I spoke to a Leo at my lgs one month ago. He was on his break for a half hour as he was doing a training/ refreshing course that day He told me " open carry is legal in ma. I had no idea it was until we were just told during the training course. They told us that if we do come across someone oc ing To advise them that while it is legal, to please conceal your weapon before too many people get upset and we get inundated with calls". He then told me that he himself would advise as per his training and then tell the oc'er to have a nice day and let him on his way and leave the area and the person alone. He said if they don't comply that he will not bait or persure anyone into some type of ******** charges, but he is also a really good dude, and very 2a. He did advise me that he knows many Leo's that will make sure that any situation like that won't end well for that person whether they comply or not or are even given a chance to comply. Some cops suck and some don't. The fact of the matter is, that if they want, it just seems they can ruin your life, even if you're within the law, and you'll just be saying how you didn't do anything wrong or break any laws from a jail cell and repeating it to a judge anyway. This whole state and all the gun hating ******* just sucks. If I didn't need to be so close to a good hospital because of my current health status, I'd be in a free state. If that time comes before I pass away, I'm gonna move even if it's just for a f0ckn day!!! We must vote these azzhoes out!!! Band together n stay strong, don't grow tired or weak and it can happen!! It just might take 100 yrs. too many moonbats!!

Sounds like a lot of police should find a new line of work. Al qaeda sounds like a job just for them.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

Its funny how ( when I open one of the radical pseudo patriots on this forum ( my ignore list ) ) you know the ones that go through their pathetic lives with a lawyer on their speed dial... the ones that BItcch so radially about how everyone in government is out to get them.. that they live in a tyrannical country, where life and liberties are always pushed to their limits.. This may not be a perfect society, or government, but its head and shoulder above anything out there.. last time I looked I could take my grand kids to a baseball game and have a hot dog and a coke.. I am financially sound, lead a great life with no personal liberties being compromised.. I come here and see these pathetic cry babies, talking about how bad they have it in this Country we call the United States of America.. they mask this cry baby attitude as if they were the rebels that led the colonies to revolt against the government... how sad their real lives must be, to be here morning Noon and night bitching about a country that lets them do that every day. It makes me proud to be an American. Having these kids on ignore, make it possible for me to filter them ( it send up a flag ) so I can open their post, and laugh at their childishness ) the sad thing is that they think because of their position that it makes them more of a man, but sadly, most here, by the comment have received about them , in private messages, that they are not respected by many, and are the reason , they only seem to talk among themselves. because I see line after line of ( user on ignore )

Its funny how ( when I open one of the radical pseudo patriots on this forum ( my ignore list ) ) you know the ones that go through their pathetic lives with a lawyer on their speed dial... the ones that BItcch so radially about how everyone in government is out to get them.. that they live in a tyrannical country, where life and liberties are always pushed to their limits.. This may not be a perfect society, or government, but its head and shoulder above anything out there.. last time I looked I could take my grand kids to a baseball game and have a hot dog and a coke.. I am financially sound, lead a great life with no personal liberties being compromised.. I come here and see these pathetic cry babies, talking about how bad they have it in this Country we call the United States of America.. they mask this cry baby attitude as if they were the rebels that led the colonies to revolt against the government... how sad their real lives must be, to be here morning Noon and night bitching about a country that lets them do that every day. It makes me proud to be an American. Having these kids on ignore, make it possible for me to filter them ( it send up a flag ) so I can open their post, and laugh at their childishness ) the sad thing is that they think because of their position that it makes them more of a man, but sadly, most here, by the comment have received about them , in private messages, that they are not respected by many, and are the reason , they only seem to talk among themselves. because I see line after line of ( user on ignore )
You are TRULY an idiot .....

People need to be warned about you and n r a 's "attitude".
YOU and n r a are dangerously mentally I'll and should seek counseling, fast, before you kill someone or get someone ELSE killed!

What a closed minded life. I'm sure this forum represents his life at home, full of ignorance and ego. Truly a sad and boring life.

Sent from my D6616 using USA Carry mobile app

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back