mass renewal app WARNING!!!

I emailed my interviewer this morning saying again, mine expired 7.3 and my interview was 7.10 and I was checking status. My reply was, "it takes 8-12 to process and it's only been 4 so far "
regards
Xxxxxx

One day you folks up there will figure out that they are working on taking your heritage away from you a little bit at a time. For some of you it may be too late to change things for your life time, but if you have children or grandchildren don't you think it is time to consider their future. While you guys whine about how terribly mistreated you are they continue to whittle away at your children's children future. They can do this crap incrementally because they have you so busy being self absorbed. Give it a break...your life as you once knew it is over. These are your politicians and if you didn't work against them then you worked for them. Time to stop being so selfish and start considering what kind of crap state and country your children are going to inherit from you!!!

Hell froze over today finally received my non resident permit renewal. Renewal app was mailed 9/31/13, check was cashed around 10/13/13, my old permit expired 3/15/14 , received new permit today 7/14/14. Clearly states on paperwork in my envelope there is no grace period when permit expires . Which is 7-5-15 for me I will once again mail next renewal app 6 months prior to expiration

Hell froze over today finally received my non resident permit renewal. Renewal app was mailed 9/31/13, check was cashed around 10/13/13, my old permit expired 3/15/14 , received new permit today 7/14/14. Clearly states on paperwork in my envelope there is no grace period when permit expires . Which is 7-5-15 for me I will once again mail next renewal app 6 months prior to expiration

Congrats to ya, finally!
So, there is no grace period. This is what was told to me in the last 2 years during my interviews and I have mentioned this also in my posts. I did read the MA Law that Diehard1 mentioned and previously posted it here in this thread. Not sure if I read it correctly or not which is why I was asking if I did indeed understand it right but no one responded yet.
Why would it state that you have 90 days (again, if I read it correct) but shows on your LTC you do not as Pcgjr47 just said??

Goal had addressed the 90 day grace period for residents, as well as non-residents, due to the lack of response, and action for the renewal process that turns lawful gun owners into felons overnight as a result of the amount of time that it has been taking to complete renewals. Resident, as well as non-resident. When Jim Wallace, from goal, addressed this and shed light on how defunct the renewal system is in MA, he received a response from the assistant director of the department of public safety in MA. In short, his response was that if you are a resident, or non-resident up for renewal and you have properly gone thru all of the required channels , and had properly submitted your application within the proper time frame, and have not had any response after all other criteria has been met, and are now simply waiting, that you should submit a letter to him, with a copy of all paperwork that you've passed in, including any names and dates of your last contact person, that he would submit your application for extension for 90 days, or let you know a date that it will be processed on. Keep in mind that all of this must be done before the actual expiration date of the permit. It is a very narrow window, but if everything is done properly, and you are now only left waiting, this is the only course of action that can be taken and even this is pitiful at best as you are left to once again wait for a response. However it is an avenue worth pursuing if need be. I'm not in any way claiming that it will be taken care of right away, and there will be no issue if you need to ever go that route, but it is an option one can use as a way to keep in line with the process, and keep the ball rolling. I have heard of only 2 people having gone this route, and they received their non res permit within 2weeks of submitting their paperwork and letter, so they never were actually granted any type of extension technically. This article is in goal website. MA is just brutal for non res renewal. Most people feel it's just too much BS & say screw it. And that's exactly what it's designed for. To keep doing this every single year would make most people say that it's just not worth the aggravation for the $$ you pay

So once again I emailed the interviewer this morning. I will not go into what I said in it, but I can tell you I got an instant reply saying "They are processing this week and next and that I should be seeing yours in about 2 weeks".
Also, "please send in application much sooner to avoid running into this again".
I guess my second email reply was much better than the first.
Diehard1: your above post last sentence.......this is exactly true, and I've been saying this also. I will spend the $100. a year to save my life, my Families or even someone else's which is why I'm still paying. This is why we need More folks not to say "screw it"!

EVERYTHING that get's sent to them should be certified with return receipt for this reason. The same 40 dale rule applies. We all know the go over it, but with the receipt proof if gives you a starting point for going after them when they pull this crap.

I'm happy to hear that you have finally got it! Good for you for not getting discouraged so much as to say to hell w it. It does stink that it's a very time consuming & aggravating process, but they get tired on their end too don't forget. Hopefully your next renewal will be much smoother, as I'm sure you will be starting this process again soon enough. Good job keeping after it, and congrats once again. If you have time, I might suggest that you send goal an email describing your experiance as they do use these examples as proof for the need of a better, streamlined system. MA knows it. They know that we know it too, but when you have particular instances, time and time again, they can only ignore people for so long

One month 19 days. Expired June 3, interview was June 10 and got it yesterday. New license shows July 17 as expiration date for 2015.
Funny, I used to get my license around Feb every year and then it went into each month and now with back logs (so called) I'm into July. I will send my application in come Jan. 2015. (Maybe even December!).
I Strongly suggest everyone sending in their application at least 6 months before it expires. If you don't, you're going to be dealing with this crap every time. I've been doing this for some time now and I'm sure there are others who have too and maybe longer. The paperwork they send you with your license should be updated because it still says to send it in 3 months early......which is obviously incorrect.
...until next time.
Good luck everyone!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back