mass renewal app WARNING!!!

Pcgjr47

Just want to post a warning for everyone who has to renew there mass nonresident permit!!!
I am going on 8 months right now since the day I mailed my renewal app in to mass. I got my renewal app filled out and mailed exactly 6 months prior to my valid permit expiration date. My information has not changed since my original application. They just keep giving me the run around as to why my app has not been completely processed. I have valid permits for most states all over the country and have had zero issues with any state besides mass. Basically they have taken my $100 and now my permit has been expired for 2 months with no fault of my own.

Lawyer? I know it's rough to pay these guys but sometimes you must. Try calling a gun-friendly news reporter. Even try someone at Fox News.

Your best bet is to contact the people at comm 2a If there is anyone in this state that can and will help you, it would be them. They are just awesome! Good luck, and don't let this crappy state wear you out. Stay persistent. Keep calm and professional. Be well spoken, and very direct, but nice. They play a real devious game, just be the better person, but a persistent, professional one. You have 90 days after your expiration date I believe, as a grace period. But this is BS non the less. Also, make them aware that of all of your non res permits, this has been the only one you've experienced any difficulty with, you also completed your renewal process well ahead of time in order to not be in any violation, and while you do understand that it is a process, and do appreciate that everyone does work hard to do their job, that this amount of time is unacceptable by anyone's standards. And while it does take time, you did notice that there was a situation a few months ago, where a certain city's police department had discovered that there were over 2 dozen Leo that had expired permits, and they were all processed in 9 days. So when should I expect some positive attention to my application. Also find out if they cashed the check. That has quite a bit of bearing on this as well. Good luck, and please post the results regarding your next results.

Here's Just a little back story of how I've been treated... Mailed my renewal app 9-30-14 which was 6 months prior to my permit expiration date, I was never contacted until 1-27 by email telling me I missed my appt on 1-24. I called and the lady admitted the intern couldn't read my email address on my app so they never contacted me. My address and phone number are obviously also on the app but she admitted she did nothing. So I had a new interview date of 5-1-14 which was there earliest possible date. I went to interview and was told my app was compete and process would move along without a problem. Then 5-23 person who did my interview called me on the phone saying I had to provide him with additional information to complete my app. I was told to email him the info and my app was good to go they would mail it out asap. As soon as I hung up the phone I emailed him the info... Now 6-15 comes still no permit so I decide to email the guy I've been dealing with and I instantly get a return email telling me he's no longer employed there I need to call in.. So I call and the person on the phone takes my info and tells me he needs to talk to his supervisor he will call me back the following day. I also figured id send an email to one of the other emails they provided me in the past telling that person my situation. As of today 6-21 still no word no1 has gotten back to me I figure Monday I will call again and continue to chase them

Wow. Talk about getting the run a round. Isn't it funny how they take no excuses but have a never ending supply of them to pass out very generously. If by the middle of next week you don't get positive action, please get hold of comm2a have all your emails, and info at the ready. They can help, for what it's worth, either by notifying them, or giving you a solid plan of future steps to take. Another thing you can do is call the head of DPS, and let them know everything you just mentioned, and tell them how you've done everything and beyond, and you do not want to be in violation, and have been very patient, understanding , helpful, and informative , but there just seems to be almost a pattern of unwillingness, lack of communication , and total disregard toward getting this one application processed. If the state can process thousands and thousands of drivers licenses per week, then why is this one application such a problem. Again though, be very nice, professional, courteous , and direct. Always. If this were any other permit for anything else, you wouldn't be going thru this. Make sure they've cashed your check though. This is a must for a few reasons. You've paid for, & they've now accepted, and recognized that you as a customer of the state. This would be theft by coercion by anyone's standard in the eyes of the law. You've paid for something that is of common practice , offered, and routinely done over a broad spectrum of services. They have not provided the service, and taken any action to complete the service, or given any service, for what you've already paid for in advance. The only thing you've recieved for your payment is excuse upon excuse, and a detour at every level. They will not want to give you a refund, as it is a lot of channels to go thru to do so. Be professional though. I cannot emphasize this enough. Do not raise your voice, and keep being reasonable. I know that if you owed them money, or services, things would be a bit different here in the form of action that they may take in your regard. Do not tell them that you're going to contact this person, or that person , or get legal assistance. You just do it. If they here that from you, you've just buried yourself. Deeply. In a mound of BS that would choke an elephant. I'd get all my material together, and prepare to go the next step if there is not a positive outcome during the next few working days. Please take into consideration that they are trying to pass new legislation here in mass, and you don't want to get held up by that somehow, if it affects you, and a lot of people take vacation this time of year, and that does have an affect on the flow of applications. I know it's not right, what's going on here, but this is mass. Please call or email comm2a , and maybe even GOAL Comm2a usually takes certain cases pro bono if they are legit, and you have shown that you've been more than accommodating. As in your particular case, from what you've said here, I believe that you would be an outstanding person/ case, that will lead to a timely, positive outcome in your favor.

Also, could you tell me what state you reside in. Either pm me, or here on the forum. There may be another route to go , but it would be something to discuss off the forum as it contains personal, private information. Please let me know when you can.

Im from Rhode Island and for obvious reasons My mass permit being valid is so important because My state is so small only takes one wrong turn and I'm crossing the border over into mass on a daily basis. I'm just trying to be compliant with all laws. Also I am and always will always be respectful when dealing with them. I understand taking an aggressive approach will only make it worse for all of us. This week I will be actively calling them and I will post any further progress I make

It sounds like you're doing everything correctly, and respectfully. You also seem to be aware that given the chance, any opportunity the state gets to delay, or deny you, they will. Keep doing what you're doing. Don't let them frustrate you or wear you out. That's part of the system as I'm sure you know. Again though, it's important to find out if they've cashed the check or money order you sent them. It's actually very very important to find this out. I'd actually call or email comm2a and tell them everything. They are awesome!! They won't ask you for any $$ as that's not what drives them. And certainly not to give you advice or consult with you. Get them on stand-by. The amount of time it's been, the excuses that you've got, and lack of action on their part is very good cause for you get ready for the next step if need be, as I'm sure you are, given the absolute resistance you've been getting. Given all you've said here, I cannot see at any point during your processing of a simple permit, that they've done nothing but take your money with no hesitation, and then have totally disregarded any cooperation , respect, action, or recognition during this whole process. They know what they are doing. They know how to do it. They face no repercussions for the blatant unwillingness to issue your permit. Just get all the ducks that I've mentioned in a row, and ready to go. That way, when you feel that you need to MAKE them get to it, they will have to answer to and respond in a timely manner to an officer of the court-comm2a- as they are all pro2a lawyers, and this is their specialty, their boss- head of DPS, as they will be contacted directly by them, and need to answer on the spot, as to WHY? How Come? & When Can We Expect This Permit To Be In Hand? I've personally seen these type of things seemingly "done" with one phone call by comm2a. I know that the last thing that you want to do is attract attention with this subject to them, and fear repercussion from them, either immediately or at a later date, but given all you've stated, I think that any reasonable person looking at this would say that you are right in taking further action here. RI is very tough to get a carry permit, so given that, this makes a very good case on your behalf to get your MA permit processed without any more delays. Comm2a will get this done if you contact them. The sooner you do, the quicker they can advise you at the very least. Please keep me posted on this as I am very interested and will help you any way I can.

Ok, my turn. Faithfully with a non-res license for at least 8 yrs even when you never went to Everett for the interview. Last year I mailed my appl 4 months prior to being expired. Had my interview and then was asked when it expires (even though it's written on the appl in front of them). I replied saying, "next Friday". I was told, "I'll see what I can do and get it out before then". I said thank you, etc. Showed up a month later.
This year again 4 months prior I get a appointment for July 20 (I think) and my license expires June 3. I emailed the gentleman and explained what was just happening, all in all being professional as someone on here had mentioned. The reply I got back was they could get me in July 10 which was the earliest. I took it. Had my interview and explained what had happened last year and now again this year, also stating that now I probably won't see my license until August sometime. I was told, "I'll see what I can do"..........
I told them that this was ridiculous since this is a "renewal" not a new appl. and there should be no wait like this on a renewal at all. The person agreed with me saying it has been mentioned to the higher ups....their boss. Also, you should put in for it 6 months earlier next time. So, here I am like most of you. I've had no license since June 3 and probably won't see it till August.
Someone mentioned on here about a grace period (they think) after a non-res expires. I was told last year when interviewed when I asked the question. I was told there is no grace period at all.
Maybe, just maybe They were saying that. I'm surprised since this question is always asked that no one has a definite answer to it.
Massachusetts, gotta love it!

It sounds like you're doing everything correctly, and respectfully. You also seem to be aware that given the chance, any opportunity the state gets to delay, or deny you, they will. Keep doing what you're doing. Don't let them frustrate you or wear you out. That's part of the system as I'm sure you know. Again though, it's important to find out if they've cashed the check or money order you sent them. It's actually very very important to find this out. I'd actually call or email comm2a and tell them everything. They are awesome!! They won't ask you for any $$ as that's not what drives them. And certainly not to give you advice or consult with you. Get them on stand-by. The amount of time it's been, the excuses that you've got, and lack of action on their part is very good cause for you get ready for the next step if need be, as I'm sure you are, given the absolute resistance you've been getting. Given all you've said here, I cannot see at any point during your processing of a simple permit, that they've done nothing but take your money with no hesitation, and then have totally disregarded any cooperation , respect, action, or recognition during this whole process. They know what they are doing. They know how to do it. They face no repercussions for the blatant unwillingness to issue your permit. Just get all the ducks that I've mentioned in a row, and ready to go. That way, when you feel that you need to MAKE them get to it, they will have to answer to and respond in a timely manner to an officer of the court-comm2a- as they are all pro2a lawyers, and this is their specialty, their boss- head of DPS, as they will be contacted directly by them, and need to answer on the spot, as to WHY? How Come? & When Can We Expect This Permit To Be In Hand? I've personally seen these type of things seemingly "done" with one phone call by comm2a. I know that the last thing that you want to do is attract attention with this subject to them, and fear repercussion from them, either immediately or at a later date, but given all you've stated, I think that any reasonable person looking at this would say that you are right in taking further action here. RI is very tough to get a carry permit, so given that, this makes a very good case on your behalf to get your MA permit processed without any more delays. Comm2a will get this done if you contact them. The sooner you do, the quicker they can advise you at the very least. Please keep me posted on this as I am very interested and will help you any way I can.

I agree with everything you have said here. Just saying........ if comm2a hears all these stories from folks, why doesn't already the pro2a lawyers just get on the horn and let the bureau know about this? Or did I miss something in your post?

Go on the GOAL website, and search for renewal, and you will see all the ma laws pertaining to res. & non res renewal. It states that all ltc permits shall remain active 90 days past expiration date that is on said permit. You can also send goal an email with your concerns, and they can/ will answer any questions. They are trying to get situations just like this addressed, so they may even want to talk to you about the whole experiance. They are questioning why the state can process so many drivers licenses but not even a fraction of that amount of ltc renewals

Comm2a & goal have been ignored so much by the state, that they are now starting to approach the issue case by case now, I'm told. They are pissed at Jim wallice from goal now for getting fed up and calling them out on it so hard. He questioned where the $$ is going, because it doesn't appear that they have done anything to improve their defunct renewal system. They did not recieve that very well from what I know of that particular conversation.

Comm2a is forced to deal with the state on this, so they have to chip away at it unfortunately. They just filed suit against coakley. They have big balls :)

For non res permit you go to Chelsea Mass.
I sent mine in 4 months in advance as advised as I did in previous years. Had my interview in Feb. again as in previous years. My renewed license arrived in time so that the old one was not expired. I have found them to be not only professional but helpful.
I am not blaming you Pcgr47 for the "run around" and difficulties you are having but it seems that in dealing with gov't agencies anything that is just a little off, such as the illegible email addy (at least illegible to the person processing your app.) can derail the entire process.
Don't give up! good luck and I hope it works out for you. Keep us posted. Too bad RI isn't as open as Massachusetts for nonresident permits.

Ma sucks. It's like all these libtards really think that the people that are gang banging away are all legal gun permit holders. If they wanted to address that particular problem, then they should keep the criminals in jail, and not make laws for problems that don't exist.

Ma sucks. It's like all these libtards really think that the people that are gang banging away are all legal gun permit holders. If they wanted to address that particular problem, then they should keep the criminals in jail, and not make laws for problems that don't exist.

You are talking about the Politicians and Massholes. The people in The Criminal Records Bureau, I have found are not the same.

At the state level, unfortunately they run the show. Most of the individual people that do the leg work are very decent helpful people. But obviously, they have no say in how it is run. It has been proven many times that they will hold people up intentionally. If the state atty general wants to bog the process down, then that is exactly what will happen

Still no permit I was told the Monday before the 4th that my app was all clear and it was waiting just to be mailed and if I didn't have it by this coming Friday to call again... Today's wednsday and I'm pretty sure the mailbox will be empty on Friday . Also looked up my check it was cashed oct 13th 2013 u can do the math on how long my waits been

Go on the GOAL website. On the web page you will see a blue icon that says LTC Hotline. Get that # and call them. They will tell you everything that you want to know as far as when, status, ect. That is the direct line to the people that do the actual processing for the state of ma

"license to carry or possess firearms shall be valid, unless revoked or suspended, for a period of not more than 6 years from the date of issue and shall expire on the anniversary of the licensee’s date of birth occurring not less than 5 years but not more than 6 years from the date of issue, except that if the licensee applied for renewal before the license expired, the license shall remain valid for a period of 90 days beyond the stated expiration date on the license"

I still believe this is for MA residents and Not for Non-Res. A non-res. license does not expire on their birth date (well, mine doesn't anyway). So, if I'm reading this correctly it is saying a MA Resident does in fact have 90 days beyond their expiration date if applied for renewal before expiration date?? Other than that, I guess I'm just looking for clarification on the Non-res. 90 day rule if there is one......or again, did I miss it somewhere?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back