Maryland house bill 62 introduced

SR9

Maryland Delegate Smigiel has introduced MD. HB 62 which would allow the States of Delaware, Virginia, West Virginia, and Pennsylvania Concealed Carry permit holders to carry in Maryland. This is a big step, and all Maryland Legislators should be contacted by email, letter, or phone and positively encouraged to vote YEA on this bill.

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2014RS/bills/hb/hb0062f.pdf

This bill is short, positive and right. It bollsters our 2nd Amendment Rights.

I really really hope this goes through, I live in the eastern panhandle of WV, and it's a bit of a hassle every time I have to go into Maryland. I'm going to be hoping this happens.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Even though you live in W VA you can help make it happen by encouraging friend, family or co-workers that you know in Maryland to call, write, email or text their representative in the MD General Assembly. Hope and 50 cents won't buy you a cup of coffee. You Can Do It.

Maryland Delegate Smigiel has introduced MD. HB 62 which would allow the States of Delaware, Virginia, West Virginia, and Pennsylvania Concealed Carry permit holders to carry in Maryland. This is a big step, and all Maryland Legislators should be contacted by email, letter, or phone and positively encouraged to vote YEA on this bill.

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2014RS/bills/hb/hb0062f.pdf

This bill is short, positive and right. It bollsters our 2nd Amendment Rights.

As a VA resident, this is awesome, if somebody better with words than me could post a generic response to this for cut and paste, that would be awesome, if not I'll work one me style ;)

snatale42
No one can express your thoughts better than you. Don't be afraid to express your feelings. They may be the feelings of many. Speaking up for the 2nd Amendment is backed by the 1st Amendment.

I received a reply from my email to MD. Delegate Jeannie Haddaway-Riccio about HB 62, She said the bill was written and submitted by Del. Mike Smigiel before anyone had a chance to co-sponsor it. That may have been a rookie mistake. She said she intends to support it. As I've said I have known her since she was a kid and she has supported pro-gun legislation in the past and will continue to support them. Some people have commented about the automatic weapons that would be hurtt by this bill, but as for me I don't support automatic tactical weapons and see no need for them. I have pistols, rifles, and shotguns my self. All are legal, and will be legal by any laws submitted in Delaware and Maryland thus far. I know some of the Rambo types out there will disagree, but to each there own.

The police usually arrive after the crime is committed and they then document what happened. It your responsability to take care of yourself and your family till they arrive. Remember responce time, after they recieved the call can be between 5 and 30 minuates. Most crimes are over well before the police can arrive at the scene.:rolleyes:

Hey, SR9 - I may have misinterpreted your comment but... last I knew, Md permit only applies to handguns. Also, automatic weapons are restricted by the Feds. We only have semi-autos. So-called available Tactical" weapons here are just rifles and shotguns that have some nifty cosmetics. They sure as rain aren't "assault" weapons.

Bigstone,
I was referring to "assault weapons" as stated , if you remember, as the gun bills in that last bunch of bills they tried to stick us with last year in Delaware. According to that anything with a foregrip handle, thumb hole in the stock, mag. over 10 rounds, looked like a military rifle, etc. was considered a assault weapon. I just bought a new 22 LR and made sure it was not looking like that "style" of rifle. Pure semi- auto hunting.
I also have conventional pump shot guns for rabbit hunting and light game. I'll bet there is a lot of that over your way?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back