Maryland Concealed Carry Permit

Nope - much more than that, pistol Pete. But the serious issue is that we can regard people carrying concealed weapons as criminals, except in special cases.

There are as many fantasies as there are people, and in reality, it's just a fantasy that your handgun will protect you. It may actually, unless you're the kind of dope that shoots himself while cleaning a gun. Or it may occasionally kill some child that gets a hold of it.

So go ahead and have your fantasy. What do you think are the realistic odds that you will be able to use your gun to save yourself or someone else when you really need it? Think about that as you get older, if you do.

I have actually used my firearm to defend my family when my home was broken into at 3am in Baltimore city.
And guess what, it took the eastern district almost four minutes to respond.
If I wasnt armed that night, I may be dead from that intruder.
When the police arrested the man, it turned out they were looking for the individual wanted in numerous home invasions and peeping-tom cases.

In your world, you would have rather me be unarmed.
Get a clue.

I have actually used my firearm to defend my family when my home was broken into at 3am in Baltimore city.
When the police arrested the man, it turned out they were looking for the individual wanted in numerous home invasions and peeping-tom cases.

Get a clue.

Reality is an awesome argument.

Get a clue.

I completely agree with your situation... and I'm glad it turned out well for you.

Chuckia did have one thing worth considering in the last comment...

But the serious issue is that we can regard people carrying concealed weapons as criminals, except in special cases.

In Maryland, that is de facto most likely the case!! The state's keepers don't permit the deniz... I mean CITIZENS... a reasonable opportunity to their 2A rights, so the math leans that way heavily.

Every person has the unaliable right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. I have read the Constitution several times (I defend it after all), and I have not once seen anywhere in there that is says that every person has the RIGHT to CARRY their weapon with them in town concealed so no one can see it. Have you? If you have, please tell me which line the in the admendment that it's located. It says that every person has the right to bear arms, and to protect their lives and property. So by that statement I say to you, purchase a firearm, ammunition, and a SAFE and keep the first two in the last so that it is ready for use when the need arises. Aside from Military personnel in a combat zone and Law Enforcement Officers on duty, I have never once met a single person that REQUIRED a gun to be with them at all times.

It does not specify open or concealed carry to protect my life. I think the cool-aid is getting to you. Your interpretation is NOT what the "Supremes" recently sang either.

A chaplain in a combat zone is not required to carry a weapon - your argument fails to begin with a truthful premise.

A police officer is required to carry because that is the policy of the department that employes them.

Last edited:
i hope you'r not protecting them from a criminal with a gun because
Obviously you would be off duty and not at YOUR home therefore no gun for you my friend. right?

MD protected their LEO's by making it policy that they were required to carry at all times and when they retired, from additional scrutiny in their applications:

ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS REQUIRED PER HANDGUN PERMIT CATEGORY:
a) Owner or Employee of a Business: Submit photocopies of the Traders License or Business License, and if the purpose of the permit is for:
(i) Making deposits: Photocopies of six (6) random deposit slips for the business showing the deposits within a year of the application submission date or a letter from the bank attesting that your business has a monetary
flow.
(ii) Cash Flow: Photocopies of Ten (10) receipts showing purchases for supplies and/or payments received for services.
(iii) Requesting a permit for one of your employees, or if you are an employee and you have permission from your employer to obtain a permit: A letter from your employer on the business stationery, explaining in detail why you need to carry a gun as part of your duties.
b) Professional Activities: Doctors, Pharmacies, etc., Must show evidence of legitimacy of business activity and valid certification or license.
c) Correctional Officers: Must submit verification of employment and documentation of threats and assaults. [ADDED: Notice they are required to prove they need to carry - I was threatened many times when I worked in a prison but no longer have access to the misconduct reports I wrote.. Good luck.]
d) Former Police Officer: If you have resigned or retired, you must show evidence of your tenure in law enforcement, such as a letter from your Agency.

http.md.sp.org (Licensing Division Application for Licenses, Commissions and Permits 03.11-1.pdf)

2nd amendment righys

troop2trooper : you answered your own question by stating that the 2A says a persun has the right to KEEP AND BEAR ARMS AND THAT RIGHT SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED .

troop2trooper : you answered your own question by stating that the 2A says a person has the right to KEEP AND BEAR ARMS AND THAT RIGHT SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED .

He is lost in his own argument. As a matter of law, if the statute is silent - it was never intended. The bear means carry but not how to carry. If I want to carry it around my neck or in a satchel neither IS prohibited.

Just like driving, carrying a firearm is a privilege, not a right. I understand what the Constitution says but could you imagine if every idiot out there could legally carry a gun everywhere they wanted to? It would be like Iraq in no time! Obtaining a license to carry is something everyone should try to do and if you don't get one, then leave the gun at home! And if you truly need to carry a gun where you're going then you may not want to go there. Telling the government that you should be able to carry is like telling them that you don't trust the men and women in uniform who are there to protect you, and I trust them with my life. Just like anything else you don't like about the policies put in place, "Love it or leave it". I love Maryland, and I will continue to obey the laws and not complain about them. They're there for our protection.

The response time for protection is 10 minutes can one afford to WAIT for protection?

The state of Vermont where "every idiot can legally carry a gun everywhere" hardly bears resemblance to the country of Iraq!

So Troop where are you getting your facts from and maybe you can tell us when was the last time one of the local Md thugs registered a handgun?

I can't say I would be terribly surprised if troop was MSP. They think they're above the law. We all know how good the police are when it comes to carrying. They only shoot their own in Baltimore.

I can't say I would be terribly surprised if troop was MSP. They think they're above the law. We all know how good the police are when it comes to carrying. They only shoot their own in Baltimore.

Oh SNAP! You really know where to hit...

So cold, hard facts

The response time for protection is 10 minutes can one afford to WAIT for protection?

The state of Vermont where "every idiot can legally carry a gun everywhere" hardly bears resemblance to the country of Iraq!

So Troop where are you getting your facts from and maybe you can tell us when was the last time one of the local Md thugs registered a handgun?

Never, ever forget THE POLICE HAVE NO DUTY TO PROTECT YOU unless you are in their custody. If they exceed the "so called" reasonable response time or don't show up at all, you can NOT sue them. The only person who has a duty to protect you or your family is you.

Unlike the recently touted "right to health care" which does NOT appear in the Constitution of the US or its amendments, "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." is specifically delineated. It is a RIGHT not a privilege - big difference.

When was the last time T2T was in Iraq or Afghanistan for that matter? How about some real facts for T2T to quote: Baltimore has a 34.8 per 100,000 people murder or non-negligent manslaughter rate (only major cities of New Orleans (52.9) and St. Louis (40.5), exceed the rate.) [Link Removed Sounds like "gun control" has "done a bang up job" in Baltimore.

{City of Baltimore: Pop 639,929 with 223 incidents in 2010 of murder or non-negligent manslaughter.**

Last edited:
What the founders said about "keep and bear..."

-- George Washington:
A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.

Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence ... From the hour the Pilgrims landed, to the present day, events, occurrences, and tendencies prove that to insure peace, security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable . . . The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that is good.

-– James Madison:
Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.

-– Samuel Adams:
The Constitution shall never be construed … to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.

-– Alexander Hamilton:
The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed.

-- George Mason:
When the resolution of enslaving America was formed in Great Britain, the British Parliament was advised by an artful man, who was governor of Pennsylvania, to disarm the people; that it was the best and most effectual way to enslave them; but that they should not do it openly, but weaken them, and let them sink gradually...I ask, who are the militia? They consist of now of the whole people, except a few public officers. But I cannot say who will be the militia of the future day. If that paper on the table gets no alteration, the militia of the future day may not consist of all classes, high and low, and rich and poor...

-- Patrick Henry:
Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction, and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?

Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.

-– Thomas Jefferson:
The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed.

A strong body makes a strong mind. As to the species of exercise I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks.

Mary land is not a Maryland

The newest posts on here are almost 3 years old and the underarm pits that are still running the state into the ground. The crook's carry their weapons brazenly, without a care in the world. But tax paying, law abiding citizens who follow state laws are treated like a the lowest form of life on the planet!!

Perhaps not for much longer. Federal court ruled that Maryland's good and substantial is unconstitutional.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back