Maryland Concealed Carry Permit

Just received my first notice for renewal 6 months in advance. My training instructor wants my paperwork and certification completed ready for mailing a full 3 months prior to expiration. I know I know Maryland is crazy but this guy is serious about what he is doing.

sinful nature is always hostile to God....

Well, I bit the bullet today and am trying for my non-resident MD permit. I have reasonable justification (IMHO) and have provided it along with the app. The cost was a little of a sticker shock - definitely more costly than Virginia.

Along with the $75 application fee, I paid $15 for the photos required and $49.50 for Livescan fingerprinting. Still, if I make this hurdle, it would be worthwhile. We would like to enjoy the shops up in MD and I have my dentist up there. Up to this point, we always avoid MD.

Wish me luck - I'm hopeful and at the same time, feeling like I need the well-wishes!

Did you address or satisfy the good and substantial clause required by the Maryland State Police? I believe it unconstitutional but they will want it fulfilled. Keep us updated.

Did you address or satisfy the good and substantial clause required by the Maryland State Police? I believe it unconstitutional but they will want it fulfilled. Keep us updated.

I think I addressed it well, but seeing recent news articles of denials and the reasons they provided, I'm not at all confident. Will definitely provide results when in, and then, of course, the status of my appeal.

MSP will put so many restrictions on it as to be almost useless if not involved in the G&S reason you provided.

Good luck though.

The answer for Maryland is to elect Conservatives into office and dump the Liberal Progressives. You have the means to make changes. If you continue to vote in the people you have, you will always have what you've got.

Well looks like we might get a little tilt to the right with this new Governor

Well looks like we might get a little tilt to the right with this new Governor

Democrats "enjoy" a two-to-one edge in REGISTERED VOTERS. SOMEHOW, the Dems manage to boast a SEVEN-to-one advantage in the MD Legislature. At first blush, it looks to me like there are a LOT of "registered voters" not stepping up to do their civic responsibility. JMHO.

CCW non-resident

Or should I say the lack there of...I can't wait to get to move away from here!!!

To bearthehair ,
try getting a non-resident permit from Virginia , I did and it came in the mail soon after I applied . Now as long as I transport according
to Maryland's law I can and have carried when I go to Va.

try getting a non-resident permit from Virginia

To bearthehair ,
try getting a non-resident permit from Virginia , I did and it came in the mail soon after I applied . Now as long as I transport according
to Maryland's law I can and have carried when I go to Va.

Get a Utah Permit. Relatively easy and good in 30+ states, not including Maryland. Used to be good in Pennsylvania until they elected a Lib Attorney General. See https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/travel/

Don't expect any real change in Maryland just because they got a Repub. Gov. The legislature is still a Democrat majority.

Fingerprints went through. Should expect my denial any day now.....

No, No, No - you have this all wrong! They will wait their maximum allotted time (or more) to issue their denial, that way it will be even longer before they have to deny - uh, "consider" - your appeal. They hope you will loose interest or just go away before then.

Please keep the forum posted on the progress of your application (and likely subsequent appeal).

The Maryland Concealed Carry Permit is a Maryland problem. And, they are the only ones that can fix it. They have to be bold, loud and demanding that the MD. CCW is aloud to go forward and the restrictions and political blockages are removed. As things stand, yes there is such a thing as a MD. CCW, but getting one is not likely. Also, there needs to be reciprocal agreements with other states to allow non-resident carry. I like the law in Indiana. they recognize concealed carry from all other states. Like a drivers license, if you can drive in any other state you can drive in Indiana.
I was born and raised in MD. but live in a bordering state and only go back when it is a must,(mainly funerals) as I can't carry in MD. I spend my vacation money in my state or a gun friendly state. Maryland, not only no, but Hell No!
My stance, times a million, is costing Maryland a many millions of tourist dollars. And, you can never have enough of that.

Avil6 makes a good point and that is exactly what happened in my case. When I first inquired (about 15 years ago) I was told it was a very very minimal chance of being approved so I gave up for a while. So I started reading up on it again about 5 years ago and finally started the process...but this time I got professional help LOL (no jokes) this time was good.

SR9 you are right but if moving is not an option there is a way to get it...but difficult. My renewal is now and it is taking a while. A buddy of mine is going through the same process and they are requiring additional documentation. He said... don't get frustrated just connect the dots. We use the same professioal consultant. Let you know how it goes....

I lived in Annapolis for a few years, then Hagerstown, and I can honestly say that state is the worst I have ever lived-in, bar none. I'm back to my home state, AR, and quite happy with way-of-life here. In Maryland it's almost as if the state despises its citizens with all the ridiculous laws on the books, one which required me to pay a $1,500 dollar fee to transfer my vehicle tags from Arkansas to Maryland. I got an out of state permit, and just tagged my car in Arkansas.

This is but one of many problems. Annapolis was the most expensive town to live-in at the time. The crime there was atrocious. Left a pair of prescription glasses in a restaurant there, got in the car, and realized I had left the sunglasses inside. Nobody knew what happened to them as they were gone when I walked back inside. Someone later said that is a common problem. They steal the glasses and sell the frames.

Murders were rampant in convenience stores/gas pumps. One happened less than 30 minutes after I gassed up at one.

If an enema was given to the U.S., Maryland would be where they insert the tube, and D.C. would run a very close second place.

I'll never go back to Maryland, and have to commute to Balto or D.C. Moving there was most ignorant/stupid thing I have ever done with my life.

D.C. was the murder capital of the U.S. back then. I was parked behind the White House one trip, and someone was murdered in their car just 3 hours after I left. I recognized the exact spot on the news.

I feel lucky to get out of there with my sanity, and my life.

Get a Utah Permit. Relatively easy and good in 30+ states, not including Maryland. Used to be good in Pennsylvania until they elected a Lib Attorney General. See https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/travel/

True, when I got my first Ohio CC, all I did was mail a copy of my Ohio CC, and an application to to a PA Sheriff with a check and he sent me a Pa. CC permit.

When I renewed this year I called and they no longer do that, there is only on location, you have to go in person and you have to have good reason why you want to carry.

If we don't stop these Liberals soon we're done.

True, when I got my first Ohio CC, all I did was mail a copy of my Ohio CC, and an application to to a PA Sheriff with a check and he sent me a Pa. CC permit.

When I renewed this year I called and they no longer do that, there is only on location, you have to go in person and you have to have good reason why you want to carry.

If we don't stop these Liberals soon we're done.

Yep...me too! had to take the Maryland stuff in person to PA but all went OK.

I lived in Annapolis for a few years, then Hagerstown, and I can honestly say that state is the worst I have ever lived-in, bar none. I'm back to my home state, AR, and quite happy with way-of-life here. In Maryland it's almost as if the state despises its citizens with all the ridiculous laws on the books, one which required me to pay a $1,500 dollar fee to transfer my vehicle tags from Arkansas to Maryland. I got an out of state permit, and just tagged my car in Arkansas.

This is but one of many problems. Annapolis was the most expensive town to live-in at the time. The crime there was atrocious. Left a pair of prescription glasses in a restaurant there, got in the car, and realized I had left the sunglasses inside. Nobody knew what happened to them as they were gone when I walked back inside. Someone later said that is a common problem. They steal the glasses and sell the frames.

Murders were rampant in convenience stores/gas pumps. One happened less than 30 minutes after I gassed up at one.

If an enema was given to the U.S., Maryland would be where they insert the tube, and D.C. would run a very close second place.

I'll never go back to Maryland, and have to commute to Balto or D.C. Moving there was most ignorant/stupid thing I have ever done with my life.

D.C. was the murder capital of the U.S. back then. I was parked behind the White House one trip, and someone was murdered in their car just 3 hours after I left. I recognized the exact spot on the news.

I feel lucky to get out of there with my sanity, and my life.

Stay away from DC that's like jumping from the pan to the fire... Libs they are going to destroy it all! I did look into Arkansas for future retirement and was surprised at how dirt cheap housing was but not quite able yet!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back