Martinez will not run in 2010, but Jeb may

magicman007

In an article in the Orlando Sentinel this morning, Jeb Bush is quoted as saying he's considering running for the Senate in 2010. Good or bad? What do y'all think?

good idea

When he left office he had 60% approval rating. He was a good governor and will be a great senator when elected. He'll be the first step in rebuilding the Republican Party. I will gladly put his autographed photo next to those of his revered brother!:happy:

I like Jeb much more over G.W. I suspect eventually Jeb will run for President providing we still have that office in the next four to eight years. The only thing I disagree with him on is his use of his executive power in the Terri Schiavo case.

On a tangent other governors that I like that I would like see go to the White House are Rick Perry of Texas and Bobby Jindal of Louisiana. It will take the better Republican governors presently or recently out of office to fix the trouble that is brewing now in DC.

I'm a little unenthusiastic about political dynasties. The whole "bringing in outsiders" bit gets more play than what it deserves, and we need experienced people. However, circulating the same people leads to stagnation.

Jeb might be the best Bush to come up so far, though - he seems to take things more seriously than GWB and would probably make a far better chief executive. He will inherit a tarnished family name and party, both in need of some rehabilitation. Fortunately, he seems like he would be up to the job of restoring both, and I could see him as a compelling candidate for President.

The Terry Schiavo case might come back to haunt him. It seems that he was initially eager to intervene, then realized that he had overstepped his boundaries and backed off. He should have stayed out of it to begin with.

Last edited:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back