Married, Back from the honeymoon, and have a raging boner over the new .22 I got.

IheartTedNugent

So now that I have a little bit of wedding loot to spend, I am looking at a Savage Mark 2 FV bolt action .22 for some shooting fun.

I am curious what other .22 bolt action rifles you guys might recommend?

welcome back

don't they have some sort of medication for that????

Try looking at a used stevens singleshot. They are usually really good shooters and you get good quick when you have to make the first shot count.:patsak:

If you've had that condition for more then 4 hours you may want to seek medical attention.........

Welcome back.

So now that I have a little bit of wedding loot to spend, I am looking at a Savage Mark 2 FV bolt action .22 for some shooting fun.

I am curious what other .22 bolt action rifles you guys might recommend?

Any reason you're not going for an autoloader????

The Ruger 10/.22 is a fantastic gun with all sorts of aftermarket accessories (50 round drum mag & 30 round banana mag). A buddy has a .22 Magnum bolt action that he wants to get rid of because it's not an autoloader.

For my money, the best .22 bolt action rifles on the market are the ones by Ruger and Mossberg.

P.S. Why is this thread located in the off topic forum?

Why? Are you saying that you've never gotten aroused in anticipation of obtaining a new firearm? You aren't a true gun owner if you haven't!

Thats what I am saying!!!!!

Anyway, to answer Pascal's question: I dont own a bolt action rifle and have wanted one, thats the reason I didnt go with the autoloader.

Amen, brother! Have you settled on a rifle yet?

Yes. I believe I am going to go with the Savage.

I have read good reviews and a close friend of mine is going to go with me to purchase the same gun.

Will post some pics and give a review on this thread in a couple weeks.

Nice gun, i happen to have the older model without the accutrigger and its a good shooter. Have you seen the MP5 .22 clone the GSG5? I think im gonna pick one of those up when i see one here in my local gun shop. Enjoy the rifle!

Nice gun, i happen to have the older model without the accutrigger and its a good shooter. Have you seen the MP5 .22 clone the GSG5? I think im gonna pick one of those up when i see one here in my local gun shop. Enjoy the rifle!

I'm on the "wait list" for the GSG-5. Should be here in a few weeks for the "bargain price" of $400.

gf

Well, Nug, have you purchased the rifle yet? Do you have any pics? If your wife were a good wife, she'd have bought it for you as your wedding gift:smile:

How'd you pull that price off? Thats a really good deal.

I send a lot of business to this gun shop through the various firearms courses I teach. The shop owner asked if I was planning on using the rifle as a training aid in one of my classes. My response was the usual "All of my guns get their turn as a training aid." He then offered to knock a bit off of the price and move me to the front of the line. :biggrin:

gf

Well, Nug, have you purchased the rifle yet? Do you have any pics? If your wife were a good wife, she'd have bought it for you as your wedding gift:smile:

I have not unfortunatley.

And you are right, maybe I didnt marry the right woman since she didnt get me a cool present :yes4:

Savage are extremely accurate in their bigger calibers like the 270 in particular. I havent shot any of the bolt action rimfires. I'm sure the same apply's with them too. If you ever do decide to get an autoloader consider the marlin. They are a little less than the ruger. But are extremely accurate. I can vouch for that one.

I've shot a savage 500 .22 bolt (I think that was the model) off a bench and managed a 3/4" group at 50 yards on non-match grade ammunition.

They are waaaayyyy more accurate than I am :man_in_love:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back