Man Shot By Pinellas Pawn Shop Owner Arrested

KimberPB

Props to both store owners!

Link Removed

KENNETH CITY - For the second time in two days, a man attempting to rob a Bay area business was shot by the owner.

Tuesday, it was a man attempting to rob a pawn shop, the Pinellas County sheriff's office said. That man got away after the shooting, the sheriff's office said.

On Memorial Day, a 19-year-old was shot and killed in Seffner attempting to rob a drive-through convenience store.

The Pinellas shooting took place after a man entered All American Pawn, 5903 54th Ave. N., about 1 p.m. and started smashing glass display cases with a baseball bat, Pinellas sheriff's Sgt. Jim Bordner said.

The man, arrested this afternoon and identified as Willie J. Clarkson, 20, of St. Petersburg, bolted from the shop after the owner, David Gardner, fired at least three shots from a 9 mm handgun, Bordner said.

"All I heard was three pops, and a guy running," said Robert Catterton, 61, owner of Mr. C's Music, which is next to the pawn shop.

He and a customer peered out the window and saw Clarkson running with a gloved left hand raised, as if he were holding something, Catterton said.

Some items were found in the Clarkson's wake, including a jewelry chain, authorities said.

Blood trailed from the store, and Clarkson was found three hours later in his girlfriend's apartment at 5260 59th Place N., detectives said. Paramedics were called to the apartment by the girlfriend's relatives because Clarkson had life-threatening injuries after being shot at least twice, the sheriff's office said.

He was taken by ambulance to Bayfront Medical Center. His condition was not immediately available. Clarkson was charged with one count of armed robbery and remains in custody at the hospital.

As sheriff's deputies searched for the wounded Clarkson this afternoon, they came across a man at a nearby apartment complex who fit the description of the man sought in the attempted robbery, Bordner said.

The man got into a white Dodge Charger and sped off. Deputies chased him and one maneuvered to disable the car, striking it with his patrol car at 66th Street and 56th Avenue.

The Charger stalled and the driver was apprehended, though it was not the pawn shop suspect, Bordner said. It was Harold Roberson, 32, who was wanted on a forgery warrant, Bordner said.

He was also driving with a suspended or revoked license and drugs were found in the Charger, Bordner said.

Roberson faces charges including fleeing and eluding.

The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office said it is unlikely to bring charges against Cres Vigil, owner of the CNK Beverage Pit. Vigil shot and killed Kenneth Charles Heidkamp, 19, of Seffner, after Heidkamp struck Vigil over the head with a can of French-cut green beans in a sock.

The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office said it is unlikely to bring charges against Cres Vigil, owner of the CNK Beverage Pit. Vigil shot and killed Kenneth Charles Heidkamp, 19, of Seffner, after Heidkamp struck Vigil over the head with a can of French-cut green beans in a sock.

Thats awesome,never bring a sock full of cans of green beans to a gun fight!

Guns don't kill. Cans of green beans kill. Especially if you hit someone with a gun with them.

I'm getting too old to read fast... I though the thread said "Man shot in his Pinellas"! :unsure:

Good job Mr. Vigil. :wink:

Hah, Sarge! That's like Charles Barkley telling Jim Rome on his radio show that there were 2 sports announcers that he would like to fight in the ring at the same time but to have a chance at beating them he would have to punch'em in the onions!

Oh my I hope that dont mean we are going to have to get a backroad ck to buy green beans now or possably have a waiting period for certain can sizes :sarcastic:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back