Man shoots him self in head..

Not trying to appear diabolical or anything, but I was expecting an actual bullet through the brain. I'm disappointed!:cray: (Just kidding, of course!)

As long as it doesn't hit in the eye there's really no danger from a bounce back round. Anyone that has shot on an old indoor range with metal backstops knows what it's like to get hit by one. It hurts like hell and can break the skin but that's all. All the energy is expended as the projectile stops against the metal then a small amount of energy is generated as the projectile bounces off the metal.

As long as it doesn't hit in the eye there's really no danger from a bounce back round. Anyone that has shot on an old indoor range with metal backstops knows what it's like to get hit by one. It hurts like hell and can break the skin but that's all. All the energy is expended as the projectile stops against the metal then a small amount of energy is generated as the projectile bounces off the metal.

So technically, he didn't actually get shot; no this has never happened to me, but it still seems as if this would hurt like hell.

So technically, he didn't actually get shot; no this has never happened to me, but it still seems as if this would hurt like hell.
He just got hit with the projectile after it bounced straight back from the metal target. Yes it does hurt like hell. I've been hit a few dozen times running classes on older USAF indoor ranges. It's not quite as bad as being hit with a paint gun with just a shirt on. Now if it was a ricochet and depending on the angle of the ricochet then that would penetrate flesh. The lesser the angle the more energy the projectile would carry. People have been killed by ricochets.

Even though he did not get killed and was in a controlled environment, in my opinion, this is a violation of a safety rule, mainly the one that says you should know your target and what is beyond it. While it did not turn out deadly, in this case, it certainly could have.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back