Man opens fire at church festival

KimberPB

Yet another example why I carry every where. Even church. Props to the off duty cop that tackled the guy to end his madnesss.

Link Removed
LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- A man with a semiautomatic rifle opened fire at a festival outside a Southern California church Saturday, wounding three people, one of them critically, police said.

Shots rang out shortly before 11 a.m. outside St. John Baptist de la Salle, a Roman Catholic church in Granada Hills, Officer Norma Eisenman said. Bystanders tackled the man and held him until he was taken into police custody, she said.

"He was tackled by an off-duty Burbank police officer" and taken into custody by Los Angeles police, she said.

The gunman wounded three people, including a female who was shot in the elbow, Eisenman said. Two people were taken to a hospital in stable condition and one was in critical condition, she said.

Fire Department spokesman Brian Humphrey said another person was treated for chest pains.

The motive for the attack was not immediately known, Eisenman said.

Church officials did not immediately return calls for comment.

That's truly ashamed. At least they said it was a semi automatic rifle instead of an evil assault rifle.

Can't figure how that happened in Los Angeles. They have such draconian gun control laws.

I'm glad they focused on his firearm choice and not his possible membership in one of those nice social clubs that are so popular among kids these days. That would be wrong.:18:

I saw this earlier today. The article kept saying semi automatic rifle. Down near the bottom of the article they finally said 22 caliber. WTF ? they also said this was a domestic dispute and not another whack job.
I hope that the 3 folks hit recover quickly and that the shooter gets to experience prison sex for the rest of his days

No Good can come from THIS!

I feel sorry for the church, it's congregation and the public in this area. I do not understand the motive for this type of attack. It is simply senseless.:39:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back