Man kills kids for trespassing?

tricolordad

Banned
No matter how this one plays out, this cannot be justified. The bodies of two teens, a 17 year old boy and 18 year old girl were found dead in his basement. He reported the shootings almost 24 hours after the fact.

Man admits fatally shooting 2 teens in Little Falls home - KMSP-TV

I think the kids were lost and they saw his house and came out of the woods and he murdered them.

Now don't think I am a lefty Obamanazi for saying this but, would anyone be questioning this man (aside from the 24 hours he waited to report it) if the two bodies were black kids? People would assume they were there to rob the place. Open and shut case. But because it is a couple of good looking white kids, this man, defending his property (legally-not saying he was justified) is going to get charged with 2nd degree murder? Take away the 24 hour wait, and you have justifiable homicide where I'm from in the south. Leave the 24 hour wait, turn the white kids into black ones and you have justifiable homicide.

I think the homeowner on this one will be found guilty. I know I don't have all the facts but watching that video and hearing how the bodies were in the basement and the 24 hour gap before police were notified certainly makes him look guilty of murder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Too early to tell. I'm not conversant with MN law. It really depends on what he says and how he phrases it. Waiting almost 24 hours was a poor choice. Coming uninvited into some's home was also a poor choice. Strangers in most homes would elicit a response of some kind. I hope he has a good attorney.

Minnesota has no preemption in their state constitution as far the 2A is concerned. You can get a beatdown from the friendly boys in blue for letting them know you have a CCL...

Not sure how two teens in my yard would elicit anything but a "what are you doing here?" I seriously doubt that they were in his home. It is evident that this guy has some unresolved issues since he kept the bodies in his basement and was not going to notify police.

Minnesota has no preemption in their state constitution as far the 2A is concerned. You can get a beatdown from the friendly boys in blue for letting them know you have a CCL...

Not sure how two teens in my yard would elicit anything but a "what are you doing here?" I seriously doubt that they were in his home. It is evident that this guy has some unresolved issues since he kept the bodies in his basement and was not going to notify police.
Article says he found them breaking into his home and the bodies were found in the basement. Again, I have to ask if you would feel the same or say "what are you doing here" if they were not white? I'm just playing devils advocate here.

Article says he found them breaking into his home and the bodies were found in the basement. Again, I have to ask if you would feel the same or say "what are you doing here" if they were not white? I'm just playing devils advocate here.

It is bad enough that two young people were killed in what seems to be a questionable shooting, why do you have to bring the race card into this? I really do not care what color they were two young people who had the rest of their lives ahead of them are now dead. If you must play "devil advocate" play it somewhere else.

I gotta ask, why are you trying to turn this into a race thing? And what is it like living under a bridge?
internet_troll.jpg

Jeez, sorry everyone. Just bringing up a point for discussion. I also believe two young people were killed way before their time and feel this old man was just looking for someone to shoot. I think he should be charged.

Think there is a lot more to this story than is being reported as well. There are facts that need to come out to explain this shooting.

Waiting 24 hours will look extremely damning to a jury, taints the defense no matter the reason. If the shooting was justified, why the wait to notifiy the authorities?

And I also agree that Glockout didn't need to bring the race card into the equation, it is a shooting of two teenagers maybe in a strangers home/ maybe not. But certainly with suspious circumstances that make the shooting highly questionable.

Jeez, sorry everyone. Just bringing up a point for discussion. I also believe two young people were killed way before their time and feel this old man was just looking for someone to shoot. I think he should be charged.

The topic of this thread is that two young people who had friends and family that cared for them are dead. A second point is that even if the investigation proves the homeowner shot in self defense, the fact that he did not report it for 24 hours puts a very BIG question mark on all his statements and actions. A third point is that I am sure that the anti-gun crowd will use this tragedy to attack a home owner's right to defend his property, family and himself from home invaders.

Think there is a lot more to this story than is being reported as well. There are facts that need to come out to explain this shooting.
Concur completely. Like the Sanford, Fla shooting, FACTS MUST come out prior to making judgement. The OP story just doesn't have enough listed for me to make a INFORMED judgement.

If you read the bottom of the article the mans neighbors call him "gun happy who often shoots at objects and animals on his yard"
Something smells fishy to me. I guess we will wait to see how it plays out.

Uh huh pull the race card...race has nothing to do with the subject. We are talking about this man's shady activity...he waited 24 hours to call police and notify them.

Before you go... Are you going to ask me if I would still have pulled the trigger during OIF if Hajji was white?

If you read the bottom of the article the mans neighbors call him "gun happy who often shoots at objects and animals on his yard"
Something smells fishy to me. I guess we will wait to see how it plays out.
Yeah, I disregarded that as good ol Minnesota anti-ism.

Ok the title of the story is misleading 2 trespassers where shot INSIDE a man's home by he owner. There age, color, race, gender or weight is not relevant. As a Navy Brat growing up all over the world we unlike many civilians learned at a very young age that you NEVER go where you are not supposed to be because you can be killed. If you go into another persons home without permission there is a good chance you will be shot, beat with a stick or simply pummeled. Waiting 24 hours well from the reaction ever here does anybody not understand why some people may not get the police asap to report it. I do not agree with the decision to delay the call but I do understand it.

Ok the title of the story is misleading 2 trespassers where shot INSIDE a man's home by he owner. There age, color, race, gender or weight is not relevant. As a Navy Brat growing up all over the world we unlike many civilians learned at a very young age that you NEVER go where you are not supposed to be because you can be killed. If you go into another persons home without permission there is a good chance you will be shot, beat with a stick or simply pummeled. Waiting 24 hours well from the reaction ever here does anybody not understand why some people may not get the police asap to report it. I do not agree with the decision to delay the call but I do understand it.
It's 24 hours he had to move the bodies inside if shot out. It's 24 hours to clean any blood from the original location of the shooting. It's 24 hours to think up a story to tell the police. A lot can be done in 24 hours to completely change the story that a scene of violence tells. Or it was just 24 hours for him to consider weather to call the police or bury them in the back yard. Either way, he's going to have quite a few questions to answer. I bet he'll be thanking himself for waiting that 24 hours so be could go over every one of those questions in his mind!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back