Man Killed Trying To Steal Tires Off Car

HK4U

Guns don't kill. Cars kill.:icon_cheesygrin:

Link Removed

Man Killed Trying To Steal Tires Off Car
Police Say Car May Have Shifted When Makeshift Jacks Failed

POSTED: 6:17 pm CDT June 6, 2008

MODESTO, Calif. -- A 47-year-old man in California died Friday when a car collapsed on top of him as he tried to steal its tires, authorities said.

A woman saw the man underneath the car about 5:30 a.m. while she was walking. She flagged down a group of people driving by who helped her lift the Cadillac off him, KCRA-TV in Sacramento reported.

Detectives noticed that the car was missing both passenger side tires, and that cinderblocks, a piece of wood and rocks were holding the car up, said Deputy Royjindar Singh of the Stanislaus County Sheriff's Department.

Authorities said they think the makeshift jacks failed, causing the vehicle to shift and crush the man underneath.

The owner of the car said she didn't know the man, Singh said.

The man was taken to a hospital where he was later pronounced dead.

Singh said the man was a transient. His identity has not been released pending notification of kin.

wow, do the crime and do the time...but I bet he didn't hear that sometimes crime and murphy's law go hand and hand. Nothing much more I can say. He got his punishment already.

Lesson learned. Next time I take the tires off my car or truck, I will make sure the car is safely resting on something solid. Maybe use a jack or some jack stands. I can't believe I never thought of this before. :D

Unless he was all wadded up under the wheel wells, just does not make sense to be "under" a car if all you are doing is stealing tires. Was he also stealing the oil out of the crank case?

Unless he was all wadded up under the wheel wells, just does not make sense to be "under" a car if all you are doing is stealing tires. Was he also stealing the oil out of the crank case?

With the rise of gas prices there has been a number of cases around here of thieves drilling holes in the gas tanks and stealing the gas. There was an article in the Fort Worth Star Telegram just today on the subject.

He was probably making adjustments to his "jacks" when one or more of those same jacks failed, thus resulting in his untimely demise. Forethought and effective planning is probably too much to expect to begin with from someone who is stealing wheels in the middle of the night.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back