Man Defending Baby Shoots, Kills Robbery Suspect

340mopar

.45 Randall 1911/Glock 21
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26722550/I love the slant that Charges are Not LIKELY to be made....

almost like they want to, or hate admitting that they can't....

LAKE WORTH, Fla. - A man defending his wife and baby shot and killed a would-be robber at a Lake Worth liquor store Sunday night, the store's owner told WPBF News 25. Store Owner Tells Of Would-Be Robber's Fatal Shooting

It happened shortly after 9 p.m. at the A1A Discount Beverage store, located at 3747 Military Trail.

Store owner Nawaf Nagi said the man entered the store, said hello, picked up a Gatorade and asked for a pack of cigarettes.

"As soon as I open the register, all I see is a gun in my face," Nagi said. "He said, "Give me your money. Give me your money."

Nagi's son-in-law, daughter and 7-month-old grandson were in the store at the time. Nagi said the robber pointed the gun at the baby several times and ignored the store owner"s pleas to stop. That"s when Nagi"s son-in-law, Yamen Abdelfattah, pulled out a gun and shot the man.

The Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office on Monday identified the suspect as Robert C. Martin, 35, of Lake Worth. Authorities said Martin has been linked to at least one other robbery in Lake Worth earlier this month.

Martin pulled a gun on a clerk at the Stop and Shop on Congress Avenue and got away with about $400 in cash during the Sept. 7 robbery, sheriff"s officials said.

Authorities said charges are not likely to be filed against Abdelfattah because he had a concealed weapons permit. His family was not harmed.

Detectives said they were investigating whether Martin was a suspect in additional robberies in the Lake Worth area.

Source: MSNBC

Last edited by a moderator:
What difference does it make if he had a CWP? This was inside his father-in-law's store, and presumably he was ok with him carrying in there. If it's their store, they can all open carry if they want.

What would they charge him with? Failure to give in and die?

Here in Florida they'd only charge him with not being a better shot! :sarcastic:

Glad to hear he was able and had the means to protect his family. Maybe being shot will cause this scum bag to think twice next time.

Here in Florida they'd only charge him with not being a better shot! :sarcastic:

Glad to hear he was able and had the means to protect his family. Maybe being shot will cause this scum bag to think twice next time.

Ahhh maybe some other scumbags out there, not this particular one as the article stated, "he was shot to death". No more robberies in that guys future. One would hope that at least one criminal out there would read the article and be deterred.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back