Man Appeals Denial To Supreme Court

No criminal history and still denied renewal of his CCW by New Hampshire, this man is appealing to the Supreme Court. Let's all wish him luck.

Link Removed

I see where this can be a big debate over his right to continue to carry conceal legally...BUT if he has had his permit for as long as he said, then he should know that you don't need to flash or brag that you carry a gun, but then he has shown to others that hepacks a gun and apparently has a short fuse and has intimdated others by letting them know that he carries, then maybe this may be a case of removing the guns from him due to his mental instability..but then if he is that unstable, you take away his guns, that will piss him off even more, he will find a gun or two and take it out on those who did him wrong..see what I mean abt a big debate? So where does it go from here? What do you think? I think we all can agree that those who are not all there with the proper mind set could pose a danger to others with a loaded gun..

I see where this can be a big debate over his right to continue to carry conceal legally...BUT if he has had his permit for as long as he said, then he should know that you don't need to flash or brag that you carry a gun, but then he has shown to others that hepacks a gun and apparently has a short fuse and has intimdated others by letting them know that he carries, then maybe this may be a case of removing the guns from him due to his mental instability..but then if he is that unstable, you take away his guns, that will piss him off even more, he will find a gun or two and take it out on those who did him wrong..see what I mean abt a big debate? So where does it go from here? What do you think? I think we all can agree that those who are not all there with the proper mind set could pose a danger to others with a loaded gun..

+ 1 We don't need violent tempered kooks representing us.

Let's assume the characterization of the guy is accurate, that he is prone to fits of anger etc. What does that have to do with whether or not the state legislature's intent of the law was not to give local authorities autonomous control over CCW permit issuance? That's what the guy's lawyer said was in dispute, or at least what he plans on making the central point of his case. From a purely state-legal and pro-2A standpoint, I don't think the guy's temperament should have anything to do with whether or not we support his side of the case, lacking, of course, any medical or criminal record of his inability to lawfully exercise his 2A rights. One employer who fired the guy because he left a couple of copies lying around where someone could see them does not a whacked-out-maniacal-murderer make.

There's a lot of things I didn't like about Randy Weaver, but I strongly supported his case. Same with David Koresche. This guy may not be the perfect knight-in-shining-armor to plead our case as 2A proponents, but he's willing to take on the fight, and for that I will not criticize or dismiss him as a short-fused menace-to-society based solely on the word of an ex-employer. And that doesn't even take into account the fact that the ex-employer's words are reported in a quasi-newspaper-ish media outlet, which by simply playing the odds, can be assumed to be anti-gun and far-left-liberal to the bone. Without having done any research on that point, I may indeed be wrong about what I perceive as a high potential for anti-gun bias, but still, there's hardly enough to go on that would justify anyone as far removed from the case as we are in this little corner of the internet taking sides against a guy who's fighting a battle that we all believe in, but who got criticized by ex-employers, lawyers and judges for his temperament when that temperament has absolutely nothing to do with the legal questions about how a state statute can, and should, be enforced.

Blues

Bigging a big mouth hot tempered old fart does not remove his rights. No criminal record ,maybe a real lib for a sheriff.

:mad: i think that there is more here than meets the eye,as i have written before,i've carried for years all over the western states and have never been refused or questioned about it because i've keep it to myself,my children never knew about it until they were of age to accept it and most of my friends and family still doesn't know about it.i feel that it is my personal business and if they wanted to know they would they would address me.

Let's assume the characterization of the guy is accurate, that he is prone to fits of anger etc. What does that have to do with whether or not the state legislature's intent of the law was not to give local authorities autonomous control over CCW permit issuance?
Anger doesn't mean you're going to lose all control of yourself and shoot up the place, you can be angry as all heck and still be reasonable enough to control yourself.

I was as angry as I can remember ever being in 30 years just two days ago yet I didn't reach for my weapon and shoot up the place. We took in a stray cat that was starving and freezing outside, we kept it a week or so feeding it back to health and fell totally in love with it. We took it to the vet to get it checked out because we wanted to keep it. The vet found it was Micro-Chipped so we did the right thing and went over to the local Animal Shelter, they scanned the chip and tried to make contact with the cats rightful owner. Both numbers had been disconnected so they said they'd send out mail to the address from the micro-chip information. We explicitly told the shelter that if the owner didn't want the cat back that we did want it, that we loved it already and had already purchased a lot of things for it. This was on October 22!

On November 1st we went back in to check on the cat and were told it had been shipped out across state to a rescue facility and had already been adopted out to someone else just two days after we did the right thing by surrendering it so the rightful owner could get it back. Needless to say we were completely devestated, so I phoned this recue facility and they said they'd never gotten the cat, to check back with the original place. So the next day, November 2nd, I went back over and learned the truth, the cat had not been shipped out as they said, the truth was they had destroyed the cat on October 28th, our beloved cat had been euthanized for no frick'n reason at all! Killed even though someone wanted it and loved it.

I was shocked, floored, stunned beyond belief. We wanted the cat, we'd have given it a great home and happy life full of love, but they killed this wonderful cat out of nothing short of pure stupidity and with no emotions at all, just like stepping on an ugly bug crossing their kitchen floor. Of course I have no recourse, only anger and guilt for having tried to do the right thing as people are taught to do! Had I not the cat would still be alive now.

What I'm getting at is as angry as I was and carrying concealed at the time, I didn't lose my mind and shoot up the place. People get angry, but reasonable people getting angry isn't synonymous with drawing a weapon and letting the rounds fly.

I had a boss once that everytime he had to fire an employee he'd have his 9mm on his lap under his desk, he was such an idiot that he was affraid someone would cut loose on him someday... lol. He may have deserved it but that never happened, though I'd heard several rumors that other employee's had caught Brown Recluse spiders and let them go in his office, he was badly allergic to them and they'd put him in the hospital for a few days or so whenever one got him. No I never did that, but this guy was truly disliked and that rumor floated around for ages about the spiders.. lol.

SnowCajun

"Creating a hostile work environment" and "having a temper" are terms that can easily be taken out of context and used against anyone that may not get along with all the employees at a work center. Many lose their tempers when someone simply disagrees with them. Granted maybe he shouldn't have left copies of his CCW on peoples desks (if he actually did) but discussing it among others is not a crime. I often discussed CCW with others, hopefully in an educational manner. Notice also that they stopped short of saying he made threats against them. Maybe they didn't want to go to a point where it could be turned on them for making false accusations.

Last edited:
I agree with BluesStringer. This is a legal matter, and there's too much emotion being read into the case.

Remember that it's a crime to threaten a person, and yet this man has never been charged with a crime. It seems like he's being tried by hearsay, and that shouldn't be enough to strip him of his rights. If he's committed a crime, let someone accuse him! Let him have his day in court! If not, his rights should be inviolate.

Sounds like a vendetta to me. The Police Chief and a couple employees don't like him and this is what they are doing to him. After all those years of supposedly intimidation and not one charge or one piece of negative paperwork? Plus 18 years of CC without any negative incidences...I wish him luck also!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back