Man Accused of Stabbing, Decapitating Seatmate on Greyhound Bus in Canada

HK4U

Just in case you don't alread have enough reasons to carry a firearm.

Link Removed

Last edited:
For cripe's sake, it's only a l'il ol' knife!

At least our Canadian friends are spared the indignity of being able to own nasty old handguns.

Apparently everyone was asleep at the time, and by the time anyone realized what was going on, his head was already halfway off. This is a really bizarre circumstance in which a gun may not actually have made much difference.

Warning: Don't sit beside any lunatics.

Apparently everyone was asleep at the time, and by the time anyone realized what was going on, his head was already halfway off. This is a really bizarre circumstance in which a gun may not actually have made much difference.

Warning: Don't sit beside any lunatics.

I don't know. I think it would make a lot of difference if you were one of the people on the bus and were trying to stop the guy.

As for me, I would like to see every adult who was able to help be thrown in jail for a little while, but that is just my opinion.

I don't know. I think it would make a lot of difference if you were one of the people on the bus and were trying to stop the guy.

True, but I believe that Toreskha was referring to the guy to whom this actually happened. My first instinct would be to say that I would never fall asleep while on a bus, but that is really not very realistic. Those bus trips are quite long and tiring and you're bound to doze off at some point. For those of us who can't afford to fly and don't have cars that can go long distances, this is the only way to get from point A to point B. How unfortunate.

True, but I believe that Toreskha was referring to the guy to whom this actually happened. My first instinct would be to say that I would never fall asleep while on a bus, but that is really not very realistic. Those bus trips are quite long and tiring and you're bound to doze off at some point. For those of us who can't afford to fly and don't have cars that can go long distances, this is the only way to get from point A to point B. How unfortunate.

I figured that was what he was referring to. The thought behind my thread was that there are way to many sheep and not enough sheep dogs. If we are going to be the sheep dog then we better be armed when ever we can. That bus was full of unarmed sheep. Then again that was Canada. If I were to try and intervene in something like this I would much rather do it armed than unarmed.

Monsters in our midst.If fellow man does not look after one and other this USA will fall into history.

If one's only purpose in carrying is to protect ones self, then one needs a refresher course in human dignity.

I never meant to suggest that I don't believe anyone should have intervened. All I was saying was that carrying would not have prevented this. I am not saying that others should not intervene if their fellow man is being accosted. It's unfortunate that it did happen, but with a bus full of sleepy people, who honestly believes that if they had been one of those sleepy people, they would have been able to prevent this from happening? Sure, any of us would have jumped into action, but only after the fact.

Well, I'm really referring to everyone involved. The unfortunate victim or anyone else wouldn't have been able to respond quickly enough to stop this guy from doing the beheading. Supposedly he even got a chance to eat some of the victim too. Yikes. After the fact, a gun would be helpful to keep him from being a threat to anyone else.

I sleep on airplanes occasionally, but never if I have questions about the basic sanity of anyone sitting in my immediate vicinity. It's always a good idea to have an improvised weapon close at hand just in case. They might ban everything else, but newspapers are safe for now.

Well, I'm really referring to everyone involved. The unfortunate victim or anyone else wouldn't have been able to respond quickly enough to stop this guy from doing the beheading. Supposedly he even got a chance to eat some of the victim too. Yikes. After the fact, a gun would be helpful to keep him from being a threat to anyone else.

I sleep on airplanes occasionally, but never if I have questions about the basic sanity of anyone sitting in my immediate vicinity. It's always a good idea to have an improvised weapon close at hand just in case. They might ban everything else, but newspapers are safe for now.

That's all I was trying to make everyone understand. While having a CCW permit does increase one's odds of prevailing over a criminal, it is not a guarantee either, as this particular case shows.

The gravety of this is going to come out .Eating the body is just to far off. Jeffery Dalmer was a good boy he just had strange habits.

As was said if the victim had a gun it might not have made much difference seeing as how he was asleep. However if I am one of the passengers on the bus and someone starts carving up passengers I sure would like to have one on me. At least that way the carnage can be minimized. As it were all you had were fourty some odd sheeple running for their lives.

Last edited:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back