Wal Mart
Meijer
Target
Garden Ridge (cincinnati)
Michaels
Lowe's
Home Depot
Half Price Books

I live in West Chester, OH. Most of these are in West Chester, but some are in neighboring communities, like the Garden Ridge and Half Price Books. Until I get my CCW I'm making a note of every establishment I enter.

Just make sure that the gun buster sign isn't posted at the entry of the property. That is what a lot of places are doing in northeast Ohio

Hm...guess I need to take another look. Don't recall seeing them on signposts anywhere in/around/front of parking lots, but haven't really looked, either.

How does Ohio view your private vehicle? Is it private property (contents included) not subject to unlawful search? Something worth knowing before entering private property, even if posted as a gun free zone. Just m $0.02.

I'm planning on speaking with a lawyer here soon, before I get my CCW. However, a girl I work with was told by security at the hospital that they would need a search warrant to look in her car.

I'm planning on speaking with a lawyer here soon, before I get my CCW. However, a girl I work with was told by security at the hospital that they would need a search warrant to look in her car.
If the girl is an employee and they cover the prohibition of weapons stored in a vehicle under their rules of conduct and/or work rules they may be correct. How that would effect her standing under the law is questionable and a lawyer would have to give you guidance regarding that aspect.

Well first of all, let's be clear. I work for a security company and what some people don't realize is that security personnel have no more authority than a private citizen. They cannot detain people against their will for questioning and cannot arrest people unless they personally witness a crime. They are simply an agent of the property owner and have only the same authority as you do over your own property.

Security officers can't get search warrants. If a security officer wants to search your vehicle all you have to do is say no and leave the property. Now if the person refusing the search was an employee, it might cost them their job but there are no legal ramifications to refusing a search from a security officer. All of a security officers authority over you comes strictly from your consent. He cannot demand to see your ID or search your vehicle, but he can ask. The only thing a security officer can demand of you is that you leave the property.

And this goes for folks who fund Brady and other such such as a beverage company or such. And send this around once you or others find out. I use an older form from the 1990s that is referred to as Second Amend dollars. Link Removed

I carry every place there isn't a metal detector, save for the VA. I respect the VA as well as their people; so don't carry in their hospitals/clinics; although I do keep my knife; and flashlight. Sometimes I keep the holster as well; especially when it was a concealment t-shirt. Have had some great discussions with my doctors and PA's while at the VA.

I carried when Antiques Roadshow was in Spokane, and my wife and I had tickets for it. Ignored the sign for all firearms to be checked at the door - they were looking for firearms that an appraiser would be looking at and not my carry piece.

I'm with you there, Michael. I don't carry into any government building (city, state or federal) or schools. Other than that, my daily carry never leaves my side. I never remove my holster or mag carrier but leave my mag and weapon locked in the vehicle. Get some funny stares at the Post Office from their employees when I walk in with an empty holster. :wink:

Chris

If I'm laying in an emergency room, dying from a gunshot wound, I don't want to answer my wife's inquiry as to why I wasn't armed with "There was a 'NO HANDGUNS' sign on the door and my integrity got the best of me!"

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back