Magazine Feed Lips

Palmach

I recently picked up a CZ 3075 Rami for the wife. It was used, but from a reliable source.

We went to the range yesterday and there were no issues until after she had put about 200 rounds through it. She started getting some FTF issues. I put a couple of mags through and also experienced the same. I had another buddy try to make sure, and the same thing.

I had some issues with my Baby Eagle some years ago, and a new mag solved the issue.

I believe this is a magazine issue, and rather than buying all new magazines, does anyone know if the feed lips can be worked on to alleviate this issue.

I will pick up new mags anyway, but hate to get rid of 3 mags if there is a fix.

I certainly don't want her depending on a firearm until we know that it will shoot every time without failure

Let a smith look at them. May need to beclosed a little .I wouldstill mark all as range us only.

Last edited:
They can be tweeked slightly but they will not be exactly where they should be and my continue to have some problems. I would just get new mags.

I spoke with Mike Eagleshield the Gunsmith for CZ USA and his first suggestion was to replace the recoil spring.

sounds good. that was my second suggestion

I appreciate both yours and Mike's suggestions. He answered every one of my emails within the hour. Great customer service, and great firearms.

He even gave me a suggestion on a nice tweak for the spring.

Recoil Spring

Not to be noisey but what was the tweak you got on the RS. I'm haveing stove pipe concerns on my Radom and I was told that my spring isn't fast enough so I have plans to purchase a 10,14 and 16lb spring and try them out with hot loads. I have some Winchester 9mm 155grn but I don't know if that is hot enough. :crazy_pilot:

Bad magazine cure

My Grandad was one of the best gunelves I've ever knowN.
Here is how he fixed bad magazines

1. Pad jaws of a shop vise with leather to avoid marring.

2. Seat magazines in vice and make absolutely it is square and level.

3. Snug vice and check again for square and level.

4. Close vice and crush offending magazine so it cannot cause a problem in a time of DIRE NEED!

5. Insert NEW magazine in firearm and head to the range.

Last edited:
My Grandad was one of the best gunelves I've ever knowN.
Here is how he fixed bad magazines

1. Pad jaws of a shop vise with leather to avoid marring.

2. Seat magazines in vice and make absolutely it is square and level.

3. Snug vice and check again for square and level.

4. Close vice and crush offending magazine so it cannot cause a problem in a time of DIRE NEED!

5. Insert NEW magazine in firearm and head to the range.

Good advice, Festus, but exactly how critical is it that the mag be square and level in the vice?

this will prevent damage to the vice

You don't want to mar or damage a perfectly good vice do you?

Check you mag spring. It may have been put in backwards. There is a right and wrong way to install them. Make sure that the top of the spring mating with the follower is pointed up toward the chamber end of the follower. An improper installed spring will cause all sorts of problems.

I did have an issue similar to yours. I fixed the problem and never had it occur again. I also purchased a new mag for carry and will use the one I fixed for practice.
________________________________________________________________________________

Ok so I went out for a second round with my P220 and after a few mags I had an issue which looked like this.

Link Removed

So I pulled the slide back with the P220 rotated clockwise 90 deg and loaded another round and kept on firing with another round that took a 1 second delay to chamber. All the rest in that magazine were fine. I shot the rest of the day without a hitch.

When I got home I striped the gun down and inspected it while cleaning and lubing and it looked just fine. So my next thought was the mag's. I have 2 older and 4 new 8 rnd magazines and the one that had the "failed to feed" was an older one but I didn't mark it or seperate it at that time (wasn't thinking). I measured the feed lips and this is what I found.

Link Removed

The one mag that was .352 must be the guilty one so I looked for a tool that I can alter the lips with that would not damage the mag. I found an aluminium exacto knife and decided to give it a try.

Link Removed
Link Removed

So you can see in the second picture above the .352 was altered by slightly bending both lips and re-measuring, bending and re-measuring until I brought it in to the upper tolerance of the other mags.

Had similar issue with 2075

I found that the extractor had enough debris behind it that the casing was not being held properly and allowed the round to tip up at the feed ramp. I removed the extractor and cleaned behind it & had 100% success for past 500 rounds. Hope this helps.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back