Mag Pouch on SmartCarry

cmhbob

Sig fault.
Smartcarry users, what are you using to keep your spare mag high enough to reach it? I've carrying a Kimber Pro Carry with 8-round Chip McCormick mags, and the spare mag disappears into the mag pouch.

The documentation with the holster suggests safety pins or stuffing cloth down into the pouch.

Who's tried what, and how did it work?

Smartcarry users, what are you using to keep your spare mag high enough to reach it? I've carrying a Kimber Pro Carry with 8-round Chip McCormick mags, and the spare mag disappears into the mag pouch.

The documentation with the holster suggests safety pins or stuffing cloth down into the pouch.

Who's tried what, and how did it work?

That shouldn't happen, I carry a G26 and both the Gun and mag sit exactly where there supposed to. Was your SC for your specific gun model? If so you may try to ball up some paper or something into the bottom of the mag pouch.

When wearing the Smartcarry, I prefer to carry my spare mag in a pocket mag carrier instead of the Smartcarry.

I have the "large" model/size of smartcarry, I love it... I dont use it much/often, but it is awesome and extremely useful when I do need to use it.. Now, to answer your question... I use safety pins to make the holster side AND the magazine side fit whatever I want to put in it... That is why I got the large, so it would fit everything I may decide to carry with simple adjustments with safety pins.
I have never had a problem with a safety pin opening up either, if that is a concern of yours.. I also only use the pins on the outer side of the holster, just in case they ever did open during use...

I have a medium SC, and I was sort of wondering how well a safety pin holds up, Axe. Thanks. The Kimber fits in there just fine, actually. It's just that the 8-round mags are that much too short to stick out of the mag pouch. Very good suggestion on which way the pin points, too.

snatale, I gave them the exact model and barrel length, so I have to assume it's the right size. I ended up taking in about an inch or so on the mag pouch with a safety pin.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back