M1A scope options

turbo52

I know this is probably not the best place to post this but I figured many of us are avid shooters in more than just pistols. So I have a M1A with an extended cluster rail from springfield which uses the one from vltor. It is a 22" barrel and I am looking to put a scope on it my price range is under $1,000. I've been thinking about getting the 2.5-10x power scopes. I want a fairly high end scope to go with this awesome rifle.

I've had good experience with the Millett scope. Google Millett sights.. Runs around $500 very clear and rugged.

I just put a Leatherwood ART on my M1A can get them for under 300 in Natchaz supply. Its auto ranging scope. The orginial scope made by the same company was used in Vietnam on M14's to make them M21 sniper rifles. Takes some time to set p but once you have it dailed in its a great scope and you can set it for different weight bullets and or calibers to use on different rifles.

Wow. There are a LOT of very good quality scopes to be had for WAY under 1K. $500 or less will put you in a scope way better than most people can shoot. An M1-A is a damn fine rifle, but it's not a world class custom pin driver, and I'm not sure It's worth popping a G on an over the top scope for it.

I second a scope from either Millet or SWFA. I own a Millet Gold Buck 3-9x Duplex that I had on a Remington 700 SPS Tactical, then went to a Mini 14 and now sits idle. It's pretty clear, and cost about $100. Up from that is the Millet TRS-1 which now sits on the Remington. It cost me about $300, and is extremely clear. Before I put the Millet on it, I had a Wal-Mart Centerpoint 4-16x scope, and that honestly worked very well. It wasn't too cloudy until you got into 14-16x, but I don't usually go that high.

I have also used the SWFA SS 10x42 fixed scope on an M1A, and I think this is the perfect combination. It's extremely bright and clear, with a nice reticle. You can get them with scope caps and rings for $300 now. Link Removed

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back