M&P15T on layaway...Black "Rifle" Friday!

surfcc

I'm new to AR type rifles and just put a S&W M&P15T on layaway this past Friday. I guess you could say I had a good Black (Rifle) Friday! :dance3: I'd love to hear from anyone else who has one and also what mods you've attached....like optics, etc.

I'm new to AR type rifles and just put a S&W M&P15T on layaway this past Friday. I guess you could say I had a good Black (Rifle) Friday! :dance3: I'd love to hear from anyone else who has one and also what mods you've attached....like optics, etc.

I am also new to AR's, really new to rifles in general. Last week I ordered a Zastava PAP AK-47 and haven't even got it yet and I already have rifle fever. Over the weekend I ordered a AR lower reveiver and the a complete upper assembly this morning. Looking forward to some folks posting to this thread.

I've heard and seen two of them blow up on the range, M&P's that is.

Now, whether or not it was rifle related or ammunition related is the real question. Use quality ammunition at all times, even if it costs you more. Don't fall into the trap of purchasing somehing off the shelf at Wal Mart just because it's there and the price seems right.

I'd stick with Remington, but not the PMC stuff, and other high end manufacturers. Unless your confident that reloads are from quality manufacturers stay away from them. You will be sorry and the warranty will not cover your loss of the rifle.

Silver State Armory is my primary source for ammunition for the AR15 rifle. Remington high end like the Premier Match is also another of the heavier loads that I enjoy.

Congratulations !!!

Thanks ropeadope...Ali Fan??? I once bought Wolf ammo for my Glock 22 and it was complete junk! I had 5 stovepipes on the range that day. Now Glocks are supposed to feed anything, right? Not Wolf. It sucks. I stick with reputable ammo now.

Thanks ropeadope...Ali Fan??? I once bought Wolf ammo for my Glock 22 and it was complete junk! I had 5 stovepipes on the range that day. Now Glocks are supposed to feed anything, right? Not Wolf. It sucks. I stick with reputable ammo now.

I'm not crazy about Wolf ammunition either. I have to admit to shooting a few boxes of it for nothing more than lack of ammunition on hand, only in .45 ACP though.

I have one PMAG for the AR's loaded with 62 grain Wolf. However I'm hesitant to shoot it.

If that say's anything ? :biggrin:

As I recall, S&W has a rebate deal going on right now where you get 5 free polymer magazines any time you buy a 5.56 M&P15. I saw this advertised at Academy. Might want to check on that whenever you pick it up.

As I recall, S&W has a rebate deal going on right now where you get 5 free polymer magazines any time you buy a 5.56 M&P15. I saw this advertised at Academy. Might want to check on that whenever you pick it up.

That's correct. 5 free mags was part of what helped me make my decision to buy the M&P as opposed to the Bushmaster. The fore rail and troy sights on the M&P 15T are big bucks if you bought them aftermarket. That helped my decision as well.

Got my AR-15 build completed tonight. Ordered a Aero Precision lower built up and a CMMG upper with a Troy 4-side rail forehand grip. Magpul BUIS and 30 round Pmags round out the build.

4169907915_ed620b2df6_o.jpg

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back