M&P vs M&Pc for CCW (Differences)

mwhals

I have decided on the M&P 45 for my first carry weapon after lots of research. I was wondering the merits of the full size vs compact size for CCW. I am 6'1" and 195 pounds. I plan to carry in an IWB holster and wear my shirts loose and sometimes tucked.

Sent from my iPhone using Link Removed

I have both the M+P 40 and the M+P 40 Shield. I carry both, but the shield is my main carry. The compact is just too small in my hand and doesn't feel comfortable when I shot it.

I thought the shield was smaller than the compact, so don't understand why you say the compact is too small, but yet carry the shield.

Really no advantage of full size concealed carry guns. Heavier, wider, much harder to forget about all day long, harder to hide etc. My first gun was a full size and I carried it for over a year, my second gun was a G26, from that point on I'd never carry full size (concealed) again, my 3rd was a "carry" sized gun (PF9) and then the G26 was too thick and heavy. Now I'm split between a Shield and a Airweight revolver. IMO there no purpose to making carry an uncomfortable thing, Same for that whole "comforting not comfortable" nonsense that people like to say. I do carry my M&P FS sometimes, but OWB whether concealed or open.

I have decided on the M&P 45 for my first carry weapon after lots of research. I was wondering the merits of the full size vs compact size for CCW. I am 6'1" and 195 pounds. I plan to carry in an IWB holster and wear my shirts loose and sometimes tucked.

I own the M&P 45 compact myself and, while I have considered the full size, I don't see any reason to go bigger in the M&P 45 line. The full sized M&P 45 has a little more barrel to it (half an inch more to be exact) but it doesn't add much over the compact's 4 inch barrel. You won't see much of a difference in velocity between the two. By going with the compact you get a more easily concealed firearm while still having the option to retain full sized magazine capacity since it accepts all M&P 45 magazines from the 8 rounders to the 10 and 14 rounders.

I stop short of calling another's opinion nonsense. What I have found from a lot of practice with full size, compact and subcompact striker guns, as well as a Colt full size 1911, is that my grip on the gun--and especially where my little finger rides--is quite important. If my little finger is under the grip, or on a mag extension, my followup shots are less accurate than with a longer grip. For that reason, plus the greater standard mag capacity, I prefer a full size handgun.

Sent using Link Removed...so please excuse the typos!

I stop short of calling another's opinion nonsense. What I have found from a lot of practice with full size, compact and subcompact striker guns, as well as a Colt full size 1911, is that my grip on the gun--and especially where my little finger rides--is quite important. If my little finger is under the grip, or on a mag extension, my followup shots are less accurate than with a longer grip. For that reason, plus the greater standard mag capacity, I prefer a full size handgun.

Sent using Link Removed...so please excuse the typos!

I agree this is good advise. My pinky being on the grip (not mag extension) and not in a pinch position between the mag and grip is a priority for me.

Its as much as the person carrying the gun as it is the gun some ppl have a better feel for full size ....its all on what feels comfortable in ur hand and what u can control best...I am an m&p standard fan my self in my opinion I'm not worried if its completely concealed or not I'm more worried about what comfortable for me and what I can best perform with if it dose come to the point were I have to use my firearm..

Sent from my XT901 using USA Carry mobile app

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back