M&P Shield vs. ????

I know it’s old but I thought I’d put my 2 cents in.
I have a m&p 40c, older model. I love it, not too snappy for me at all with 165g rounds. I can get around .15-.17 splits without trying which might be slow but I’ve been shooting pistols all of a a month now [emoji28]. ( past was trap shooting)
200g rounds and it’s a ***** cat! In my mind at par if not less than a 9mm. My splits go down obviously and I can keep the muzzle from raising for the most part. personally I prefer 200g ammo. You can get conversion barrels and shoot 9mm with a 9mm mag or 357 with your 40 mags. i like having that option.

Now granted I have big hands and long fingers so when I grip that thing I engulf pretty much everything but the slide, but I have zero trouble managing recoil. I have kind of a specific grip I can use with my 40 and it just feels and fits perfect every time. Shooting 1 handed can get a bit gnarly at times but not terrible in my eyes just takes practice.

I can’t legally carry concealed quite yet but in my house ive tried to see if it will print, and I can gladly say I have very minimal printing if anything at all. 6’3 190, mesomorph build.

Good luck! Hope this helped!

Sent from my iPhone using USA Carry

Sent from my iPhone using Link Removed

I carry a M&P 40c as my EDC. very comfortable in both iwb 5 oclock or appendix carry. i also occasionally carry my M&P 40 full size also with no issues what so ever.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Link Removed

I am supposed to be notified when a M&P Compact 2.0 40 S&W shows up. In the meantime I bought a Shield in 40 S&W, no safety, and they are shipping it ground, I'll get it sometime. I have a Shield in 45 with a safety, so to me 40 and no safety is a win win.

I am supposed to be notified when a M&P Compact 2.0 40 S&W shows up. In the meantime I bought a Shield in 40 S&W, no safety, and they are shipping it ground, I'll get it sometime. I have a Shield in 45 with a safety, so to me 40 and no safety is a win win.
Just got the Shield 2.0 9mm for a great price and got an Apex trigger kit with it. Will rotate it as an EDC if I get comfortable with it after getting it to the range. Have not fired a single round through it yet but tomorrow is the day and I'll do a 100 rounds of ball and then clean it and then do it again. Anyone have a Shield and put Trijicon or Tru Glo sights on theirs?

The Place to Be

Xd-e’s have external safeties... maybe a good option. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using USA Carry

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back