M&P Shield 9mm

rmiles

Just picked it up today, can't wait to get out and try it.

I've got to get to the range and put a lot more rounds through my Shield 9mm. The slide is very stiff, and takes more muscle than I'm used to using (re: Glock and Taurus).

I carry the .40 cal. Shield, love it, although even with a LaserMax, I'm not as accurate with it as I am with my M&P 40 or my M&P 45.

I've got to get to the range and put a lot more rounds through my Shield 9mm. The slide is very stiff, and takes more muscle than I'm used to using (re: Glock and Taurus).

Picked up a Shield a few months ago before the new state gun laws went into effect. Was doing well on the range than had a major jam - ammo related I think. Looking forward to taking it back out, my first small pistol and it does shot well.

The slide spring is very stiff at first, but it does tend to loosen up a bit after a while, or perhaps I'm developing Schwarzenegger arms without realizing it.

This is my first post here and I think the M&P Shield is an excellent pistol, especially for warm weather carry. The only mod I made to mine was sending it to Robar for their NP3 finish making it even better. Now that the weather is turning cold I prefer the slightly larger M&P9c.

Ordered one last week, too. Looking forward to your testing. Mine probably won't get here for a month. But the cool thing is S&W CEO (Jim Debney) is probably coming to town as a banquet speaker in November. He (his staff) will most likely bring all the store's backorders when they come. So I can say the S&W CEO brought me my gun. ;)

What is Robar and their NP3 finish?
Robar is a custom gun company that made their name with special finishes like NP3. NP3 is a teflon impregnated electroless nickel finish. Just Google Robar and their website will come up.

Got mine yestereday. Only a week wait! Of course Jim Debney (CEO of S&W) is coming to town for a sports banquet. Scuttle butt is S&W is fulfilling all backorders with the sponsoring gun store so there won't be an disgruntled customers.

I really like it as far as I can tell dry-firing. Larger, of course then my Ruger LCP, but so much better gun and caliber. Sights really stand out. Of course they aren't as low as other small guns. The action is much better than any of my Glocks. Feels very crisp and a relatively short and definitive reset. No false reset as other guns have. It'll be Friday before I can get to the range and wring it out.

Have a Crossbreed Mini-tuck on order, but they are 3-4 weeks backlogged right now. I may have to find a cheap Uncle Mike's so I can start carrying it.

Take a look at Sneaky Pete holster; I use one for my Shield .40. Like it. Accessible and relatively inconspicuous.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back