M&P or XD

rsudrick

So im bored doing surveillance. On hour 10 hear n nothing. So im looking at a new full size, either M&P or XD in 9mm. Would go 45 but ammo is killer in 45. So, opinions??

I have the M&P45 full size and the M&P40c... LOVE EM!!

I have also fired the XD in 9mm and 40S&W... Tough call, but I gotta go M&P... I have 5 S&W firearms and none have disappointed me... Took the 40c to Front Sight in NV... 700 rounds with one initial cleaning and lube, I had no issues at all. Noted 2 Austrian handguns during the 4 days, that had feeding issues on more than one occasion... The XDs were flawless..

Link Removed

The best advice anyone can give is for you to hold and preferably shoot both. Buy whichever fits and works best for you. Otherwise it's just a popularity contest.
Can't comment on the M&P but I have a XD40SC and a XD45 Service. Both have been flawless and are extremely accurate.
Good luck with your decision.

My vote is the XDm 45. Flawless.
Link Removed

That is a good looking gun Ringo. I like the feel/handling of the XD as well as the M&P... Being that I'm in MA and the folks at Springfield Armory decided not to deal with the BS gun laws and compliance testing here, the XD is one the guns that's not on the douchenozzle AG's list... I could go around the AG's list knowing the right FFL, but if I have to use it to save my life/family I run the risk of being bamboozled and branded a criminal by the injustice system in place here in MA... Never was a huge fan of the Glock (shot many at the GSSF events when Glock was welcome here) So I grabbed the M&P and fell in love...

I may go around the AG and get the XD... They really are that good...

I bought my first gun in May. I did my research and had it narrow down to four 9mm pistols - the Glock, Sig, M&P, and XDm. I was really leaning towards the M&P as my instructor highly recommended it, however, as soon as I held that XDm, I knew it was mine. Since then I've also added the XDm 9mm compact, which is what I use for carry. So my advice would be to try them both out - you'll know which one is the right one for you.

I've got the XD9 Service and love it. Tried the M&P and I'm impressed with it, too, but it did't fit into my purchase budget the last time around. So, Springfield Armory got my money, instead. The M&P will be my next purchase.

I bought my first gun in May. I did my research and had it narrow down to four 9mm pistols - the Glock, Sig, M&P, and XDm. I was really leaning towards the M&P as my instructor highly recommended it, however, as soon as I held that XDm, I knew it was mine. Since then I've also added the XDm 9mm compact, which is what I use for carry. So my advice would be to try them both out - you'll know which one is the right one for you.

DING! Correct... Touchy feely is the best way to decide... Shoot many choose one...

Proud owner of a XDm .45 ACP. Wonderful to hold, wonderful to shoot. I researched the M&P, I may get one in .40.

I have had both an XD and XDm and actually thought I would never give them up. I have probably owned everything at least once as i have benn carrying more than 40 years.

The first time I fired an M&P 9 I couldn't believe it. There is no getting around it, the XDm is a great pistol but the M&P 9 is phenomanal. I now have a 9c and I was one of the lucky ones that just got one of the 6,000 new S&W M&P 22s.

Last edited:
Hold both in your hand and see what "feels" better to you. For me, It's the XD. Fits my hand like a glove and point naturally like a 1911.

I cant believe I am about to say it, but go with the M&P. I would advise the XD, but with the fact it could cause you issues in your state, better to be judged by 12 using the "state approved" defense tools than go in with something else. Now I have to go wash my mouth out with soap and apologise to the tactical (5") and subcompact XD's in the house.

Smith & Wesson has been shown in past to be compromisers. ...I'll look it up, again, if someone insists and cannot take it upon themselves to research it.

Springfield Armory true blue, along with red and white.

I say XDM.

M&P. Tried the XD but didn't like its puny grip safety as it didn't disengage reliably for me vs. one found on a 1911 with the "memory bump" grip safety. For me the M&P is money, .......... or spent money as I ended up with 4 of them so far.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back