M&P 9mm or 40?

gestu1

I'm a revolver guy normally but I'm interested in the M&P pistol.
Please give me some opinions on which one to choose.
Thanks,

everyone knows that both are sub standerd go with a .45! LOL seriously, both are effective defence rounds, if it is for defenceive use go with the largest caliber you can shoot accuatly, but that usualy means you loose capacity. I trust my .45, but although she can shoot it, a 9mm is a more confadent choice for my wife. As a "revolver guy" I will asume you shoot at least .357 so the .40 should be easily managed, but it is a personal desistion that only you can make.

If the fear of a hi-cap mag ban causes you to loose sleep, buy a hi-cap 9mm while you still can.

everyone knows that both are sub standerd go with a .45! LOL seriously, both are effective defence rounds, if it is for defenceive use go with the largest caliber you can shoot accuatly, but that usualy means you loose capacity. I trust my .45, but although she can shoot it, a 9mm is a more confadent choice for my wife. As a "revolver guy" I will asume you shoot at least .357 so the .40 should be easily managed, but it is a personal desistion that only you can make.

If the fear of a hi-cap mag ban causes you to loose sleep, buy a hi-cap 9mm while you still can.

I prefer .45s myself, but the OP specified 9 or .40. So I gave an answer based on the question. If the fear of a hi-cap mag ban causes you to loose sleep, shop Para's excellent selection of hi-cap .45s.

I have my 45 that I carry most of the time. However I do have both the 9mm and 40c in the M&P and I love them both. They both are very good guns and shoot very well. Here is an idea just get both. :pleasantry:

For pure-D self-defense, bigger is always better. But when other considerations enter the picture, such a weight, capacity, concealability, etc., all sorts of compromises begin to seep in. Not necessarily a bad thing. Most important thing to know is What do you want to use it for? Once you are absolutely clear on that, you are closer to a decision. If self-defense far outweighs any of the other considerations, I would advise you to take a serious look at a .45ACP.

It depends. Some think when it comes to ammo bigger is better i.e something in a 40. Others like myself feel more is better i.e 9mm. We all have our opinions that is for sure.

If you want it for defensive purposes, I'd recommend the .40. If it's just for plinking/target shooting, I'd go with the 9 to save on ammo costs.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back