Lunch with LEO

PaulIcemanMc

Well, I made it sound like I had lunch with an LEO, but that was just to get your attention. I was in the deli waiting on my sandwich and struck up a conversation with a local police officer. He said that as LEO he can now carry in any building in the USA concealed as long as he has his credentials with him. Is that correct? I have not heard such a thing. I said that Ill. and Wisc. need to be seceded to Canada and he agreed. I can't see that these states would go for that mandate. He said his wife wants her conceal carry and I told him I can't get mine to look at my guns to use to defend herself in the home and that he was fortunate to have a spouse that is willing to learn and defend herself. He also told me what I already knew, that the crime rate is up; even in the nicer neighborhoods. Prepare, prepare, prepare.

He cannot carry in federal buildings unless in on-duty and on official business, and he must check in with the federal police first.

He may not carry into court houses if he is the plaintiff or respondent.

There may be other restrictions for other local, city, state government buildings.

I would like to encourage all guys out there to explain to the women in their lives about the importance of carrying a gun. I feel it is their right, and even their duty, to keep and bear arms to defend themselves and those they love.

Well, I just got my wife her own Glock 27 and this afternoon we went down to the range together. She now wants to get her CWP! She's a pretty decent shot for only her second time shooting her new gun. I'm glad that she is all for it!

He said that as LEO he can now carry in any building in the USA concealed as long as he has his credentials with him. Is that correct? I have not heard such a thing.

LEOSA (aka HR218, passed in 2004) provides for interstate carry for active duty - but off duty - and retired qualified LEOs. Many departments don't embrace it, but under the law if a LEO fits the criteria as provided under LEOSA s/he can carry anywhere in the states or it's territories. Doesn't mean localities won't/don't jam guys up, but at the end of the day the case wouldn't stand.

LEOSA (aka HR218, passed in 2004) provides for interstate carry for active duty - but off duty - and retired qualified LEOs. Many departments don't embrace it, but under the law if a LEO fits the criteria as provided under LEOSA s/he can carry anywhere in the states or it's territories. Doesn't mean localities won't/don't jam guys up, but at the end of the day the case wouldn't stand.

There's already been two cases that I know of that was thrown out by the courts, one had to do with a PA constable that was arrested in NYC, and a case in Sturgis SD after a out of state officer carrying under LEOSA shot a hells angel member in a bar.

My wife is taking her NRA Saftey class in two weeks and should have her permit permit in about 60 days. (Saratoga County, NY is averaging that these days.) I worked on her for years to get her license and she would not budge. Then one day long after I gave up she said out of the blue "I think I should get my pistol license". I was shocked and got her signed up.

Have not picked out a gun for her yet but we are going to set it up so she will co-own all of my guns and can take her pick. Here in NY each of your guns are listed on your license by serial number.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back