Lubrication

johnbergsing

This might sound like a stupid question but with the humidity skyrocketing here in the south, I need to know. I use a grease to lube the areas of my EDC weapon, a Beretta Nano, where there is friction. I find grease works better and doesn't drip or leak over time. But should I be lightly oiling the entire slide to prevent rust? It normally sits in a pocket holster in my pocket.

This might sound like a stupid question but with the humidity skyrocketing here in the south, I need to know. I use a grease to lube the areas of my EDC weapon, a Beretta Nano, where there is friction. I find grease works better and doesn't drip or leak over time. But should I be lightly oiling the entire slide to prevent rust? It normally sits in a pocket holster in my pocket.

Try Froglube. Put a coat of that on once a week for a few weeks, and you won't have to work about rust for a long time. It soaks into the metal pores so it doesn't leave your gun slathered in oil. It's also one of the best lubes I've found. I put a few initial coats on and now recoat the slide exterior about once a month. Works great.

If it slides grease it, if it rotates oil it. I've never oil coated any firearm, carry or safe queens. Always a coat of Johnson Paste Wax. Works for me, always has. 50 years rust free. :cool:

~ Yesterdays Prophecies-Today Headlines ~​

I use Tetra Gun Grease on the slide rails of both my carry guns and oil on anything else that moves. Works well for me. I just wipe down the exterior of each gun every evening with a silicone cloth. Of course both my holsters prevent the gun from touching my body.

Take good care of your gun pilgrim, and they will take good care of you. :triniti:

I use Tetra Gun Grease on the slide rails of both my carry guns and oil on anything else that moves.
I've used Gunslick Graphite Lube (grease) on my slide rails for decades. I've heard nothing but good things about Tetra Gun Grease, however, I've found nothing to be better for steel on steel moving parts in guns than graphite lube. Action as smooth as glass on all my 1911's & Glock. I find it better than the new synthetic lubes Hands Down.

~ Yesterdays Prophecies-Today Headlines ~

I use 20 weight motor oil, works great and will not burn off unlike gun oil. Used motor oil on all our hardware in the military

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back