Lowe's Hardware Store Prank

PascalFleischman

Mrs. Pascal and I were killing time at Lowe's here in Memphis yesterday, when I came upon their section of small signs. You know, the black background ones with orange letters: Beware of Dog, No Trespassing, etc.

Well, one of them was a "gunbuster" sign that says something along the lines of "Concealed Carry Prohibited". Well, having the dainty sensibilities that I do regarding anything anti-carry, I turned the signs around, smiled, and walked away.

You may now refer to me as "Captain Passive-Agressive". :biggrin:

I have been known to do such things in bookstores, as well. Perhaps there is a large table by the entrance, set up as a shrine to B.H.O., with a couple hundred "Let's Worship The Chosen One" titles. I have been known to turn them all upside down & cover each stack with a copy of A Slobbering Love Affair: The True (And Pathetic) Story of the Torrid Romance Between Barack Obama and the Mainstream Media
51fsWm82YML._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA240_SH20_OU01_.jpg

No need to get your panties in a wad.

No wad here. Because you disagree with what the merchants are selling does not give you the right to interfere with retailers conducting legal business.

Boycott the establishment, and or send a letter to the management if you disagree with their business practices.

Because you are actually touching the retail displays and interfering with the retailer, you have exceeded your right to free speech. You may even be cited for disorderly conduct by the local law enforcement.

Having worked retail, I find your idea of fun to be a real pain in the ass.

Your sophomoric pranks are not helping the 2nd amendment cause.

:mad:

No wad here. Because you disagree with what the merchants are selling does not give you the right to interfere with retailers conducting legal business.

Boycott the establishment, and or send a letter to the management if you disagree with their business practices.

Because you are actually touching the retail displays and interfering with the retailer, you have exceeded your right to free speech. You may even be cited for disorderly conduct by the local law enforcement.

You are right sir.

However, I have done such things myself, like turn the O's books around on the shelf , because even looking at that *astard's face makes me sick to my stomach.....:hang3:

In Kansas there is only one approved sign and I have yet to see any retail store selling the legal sign.

I do see many ersatz signs being posted. I just ignore them, it isn't my job to educate the ignorant about Kansas law.

LMAOFF,,,,yeah grow up. Some people have no sense of humor. You could just "misplace" a copy of argueing with idoits in the middle of the stack.

On my last trip to UT, I went into a Lowe's store in Layton and discovered a couple of signs for sale that I found to be "offensive". One was "No Guns Allowed" and the other was the "Concealed Carry Prohibited" as you discovered in Memphis. I went to customer service and requested to speak with the store manager. I was told that he was out to lunch and spoke to an assistant manager instead. After a couple of minutes of discussion, the assistant manager told me that they get their inventory from "corporate" and basically the corporate office dictates what items they carry and don't carry. Being that I've checked out other Lowe's stores in the area, I brought up the fact that the Ogden store had a few items in various departments that the Layton store didn't. I asked if I could make an appointment to speak with the store manager, as I felt that the info being conveyed to me by the assistant manager was inaccurate. She told me "There's no need to speak to the store manager, as I make a lot of the decisions around here and he's going to do what I recommend." I got the feeling that she was trying to blow me off. I get rather ticked off when people treat me that way, so I took a couple of deep breaths and requested to speak to the store manager when he gets back from lunch. I handed the lady one of my business cards, which states that I'm a UT BCI Certified Concealed Firearms Instructor. The lady's attitude completely turns and she had a puzzled look on her face as she looked at my business card. She then said something like "Oh, so you teach the class, so you know about the gun laws here?" I responded "Sure do ma'am. Did you have a question?" She looked at my holstered gun on my belt and while pointing to it said "Is that legal?" I responded "Sure is, and depending on if you have a permit or not, you could even open carry with a round in the chamber." The lady was kind of shocked, but responded "My boyfriend doesn't have a permit and he [upsets] me when he carries his gun like that but only has bullets in the clip." I respond that "If he doesn't have a permit, then he needs to carry his gun openly and in a state of what is commonly referred to as Utah unloaded, which is what you just described to me. So under Utah law, he's perfectly legal." At that point the lady thanked me as the store manager got back from lunch. He came over and we discussed the signs for sale. I asked him why he would carry such signs in his store as I'm sure he's probably sold very few, if any since Utah was so "gun friendly". He took a look on the computer and said "You're absolutely right. I don't see that we've sold any in the last 6 months!" I recommended that he pull them off of the shelf to make room for other items that move better. He had one of his staff gather up the signs and instructed them to check out the other signs in the display to see there are others that aren't moving.

I was in the store a couple of days later and found the sign rack to have been redone to a point where all of the correct signs were in the correct places and there were no "gun buster" signs for sale. :biggrin:

I'm glad the store at Lowe's was understanding and open to suggestions from a frequent shopper. I like shopping at Lowe's in Utah due to the service from the employees, great prices and their generous military discount. :dance3:

gf

Wow! that is the right way to approach that problem...Nice job. Hope there are many more like you...My very best regards.

Yes, sophomoric. That's why I call it a prank and not a method to conduct Pro-2A exercises.

Furthermore, I was likely looking at the signs, got distracted, and inadvertently put them away backwards.

I don't think Lowe's is missing the $4 for the signs that nobody was there to buy.

I'm glad the store at Lowe's was understanding and open to suggestions from a frequent shopper. I like shopping at Lowe's in Utah due to the service from the employees, great prices and their generous military discount. :dance3:

gf

That, and it's not the Home Depot, where employees generally fall into the "I flunked out of garbage collection school and this place is the only one hiring" category. It just kills me to know that some small portion of my money is going to support Jimmy Johnson's NASCAR team.

Good story, GF. One day, I'll grow up and follow your example.

That, and it's not the Home Depot, where employees generally fall into the "I flunked out of garbage collection school and this place is the only one hiring" category. It just kills me to know that some small portion of my money is going to support Jimmy Johnson's NASCAR team.

Good story, GF. One day, I'll grow up and follow your example.

Pascal, who are you to put others down?

I said it once, and i will say it again.

Grow Up.

It was a pretty childish prank, considering some poor shmuck who is probably making barely above minimum wage has to go behind him and turn them all back around. I mean really, what did the action acomplish other than amusing the OP? He certainly didn't project any positive image for legal, reasonable gun carriers.

Is there a garbage collecting school? Never knew that.

Pascal, who are you to put others down?

I said it once, and i will say it again.

Grow Up.

Experience dictates perspective. Have you ever tried to have a discussion with a Power Tools sales associate about a miter saw, when that associate would best be suited to window dressings in a gay bar?

I have. I went to Lowes because the guy couldn't sufficiently help with the information I needed to buy a saw that best suited me.

Have you ever tried to receive an item that could be obtained by a ladder, but they wouldn't do it...instead waiting for 30 minutes for a forklift driver who's on break?

I have. I obtained that item at Lowes.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I quit going to the Home Depot because the people at the one near me know NOTHING about a single item in the store.

As far as growing up is concerned, I'll do it at my own pace.

Carry on, smartly.

Experience dictates perspective. Have you ever tried to have a discussion with a Power Tools sales associate about a miter saw, when that associate would best be suited to window dressings in a gay bar?

I have. I went to Lowes because the guy couldn't sufficiently help with the information I needed to buy a saw that best suited me.

Have you ever tried to receive an item that could be obtained by a ladder, but they wouldn't do it...instead waiting for 30 minutes for a forklift driver who's on break?

I have. I obtained that item at Lowes.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I quit going to the Home Depot because the people at the one near me know NOTHING about a single item in the store.

As far as growing up is concerned, I'll do it at my own pace.

Carry on, smartly.

Pascal, lets meet at a gay bar for a beer. I want to experience more of your wisdom, and hear more of your ideas regarding a perfect world.

Are you saying that Lowes does not hire gay people?

I am grateful to Al Gore for inventing the Internet. Without it, I would not of ever been able to read about your adventures.

I know it will never happen, but in addition to the NICS check, one should have to prove they are a mature, responsible adult before being allowed access to a firearm. Pascal, the thought of you behind a trigger does indeed concern me.

Keep me posted.

:hang3:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back