Louisiana will not honor Florida's non-resident lic after Aug. 2011

BowflexLA

Louisiana will not honor Florida's non-resident CCW lic after Aug. 2011, is this true? I sure hope not.

I phoned the concealed handgun division when I was waiting for my permit and they said it will be valid until Aug. 15, 2011. They originally released a notice stating the permits weren't valid effective immediately, but it got shot down right away, they needed to give folks reasonable time to obtain a new valid permit.

Ok just got off the phone.
I spoke to a woman with a 'tude.

She said after Aug. 15, 2011 your FL Non-Res permit will be invalid for use in LA.

I asked her if I can see that in writing anywhere and she referred me to their website, and the LA Legislature.

Louisiana State Police
Link Removed
Link Removed

------------------------------------------------------

Louisiana Concealed Handgun Permit Unit Phone Numbers:
(225) 925-4867
(225) 925-4868
(225) 922-0225 (Fax Number)

Office Personnel:
1. Sergeant Clay Reavis
2. Wyndie Chifici (Office Manager)
3. Shana Johnson

Concealed Handgun Permit Unit E-Mail Address:
[email protected]

as I recalll...this was something created by LA State police....and I never saw anything based in statute for it.

How do you not accept non-res permits from 1 state only?

I figured it was because all the money was going to FL pemits and not LA. LA application requires a lot more information, ie, if divorced you must show documentaion and stuff. Thanks for the info guys! I agree, how do you not accept non-res permits from 1state only?

BFLA

I figured it was because all the money was going to FL pemits and not LA. LA application requires a lot more information, ie, if divorced you must show documentaion and stuff. Thanks for the info guys! I agree, how do you not accept non-res permits from 1state only?

BFLA

That's not it...because LA law already requires LA residents to carry on LA license while in LA.

Link Removed

T.(1) Possession of a current and valid concealed handgun permit issued pursuant to this Section shall constitute sufficient evidence of the background check required pursuant to 18 U.S.C. 922(t).

(2) A current and valid concealed handgun permit issued by another state to an individual having attained the age of twenty-one years shall be deemed to be valid for the out-of-state permit holder to carry a concealed weapon within this state if a current and valid concealed handgun permit issued by Louisiana is valid in those states.

(3) An out-of-state permit holder carrying a concealed handgun pursuant to this Paragraph is bound by the laws of this state regarding carrying a concealed handgun pursuant to a permit issued in accordance with this Section.

(4) A concealed handgun permit issued by another state is invalid in the state of Louisiana for the purpose of authorizing a Louisiana resident to carry a concealed handgun in the state of Louisiana.

That's not it...because LA law already requires LA residents to carry on LA license while in LA.

Link Removed

I believe what you are referring to will take affect in Aug 2011. LA doesn't require a LA permit and a FL permit. I have just the FL non-resident permit and I'm legal in LA untill Aug. I just hate all the extra paper work but that is a small price to pay to be legal.

I believe what you are referring to will take affect in Aug 2011. LA doesn't require a LA permit and a FL permit. I have just the FL non-resident permit and I'm legal in LA untill Aug. I just hate all the extra paper work but that is a small price to pay to be legal.

So if that part of the law is new...then why also put in NOT to honor FL non-res?

Link Removed[/QUOTE]

Lukem, doesn't this statute authorize people with an Iowa ccw to carry in LA? Or does LA have a provision that I missed saying that they review the laws of other states first before accepting ccw from out of state?

Link Removed
Lukem, doesn't this statute authorize people with an Iowa ccw to carry in LA? Or does LA have a provision that I missed saying that they review the laws of other states first before accepting ccw from out of state?

T(2) will cover your IA permit in LA,...since IA honors all states

(2) A current and valid concealed handgun permit issued by another state to an individual having attained the age of twenty-one years shall be deemed to be valid for the out-of-state permit holder to carry a concealed weapon within this state if a current and valid concealed handgun permit issued by Louisiana is valid in those states.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back