Louisiana Open and Concealed Carry Laws and Information

lukem

Administrator
Staff member
Click here to view.

Let me know if there is anything I missed.

Last edited:
my wife will be traveling into LA in the near future, she is not a permit holder,she is a resident of MS. Are there any prohibitions imposed on non residents.

I will be traveling to Louisiana in the near future and have a question regarding the Deadly Force / Castle Doctrine information.

Louisiana Concealed Carry Permit Information

Deadly Force / Castle Doctrine:
On June 30,Governor Kathleen Blanco (D) signed HB 1097 by Representative Eric LaFleur (D-38), NRA-backed legislation granting civil immunity to crime victims who lawfully use force up to and including deadly force to protect themselves against a violent attack.

HB 1097 is the companion bill to HB 89 (also by Representative LaFleur), the NRA-supported “Castle Doctrine” bill which created presumptions in law for the use of force against intruders in your home, car or place of business and explicitly states in law that you have no “duty to retreat” from criminal attack if you are in a place where you have a legal right to be.

HB 89 was signed by the Governor on June 2 and both bills take effect on August 15.
Could someone familiar with this Louisiana law, please, enter what year this becomes/became law? Simply stating June 2, June 30 and August 15 does not tell me if this already became law or is still pending. :confused:

Thank you.

That article was dated July 07, 2006... Link Removed. So i would take it to be Aug 15 2006 as take effect date.

Open Carry

OK I contacted the State officials of LA and they say there is no law against or for open carry. Therefore you can open carry in LA but be mature and polite.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back