Lost my dog today

tjdavis1111

Sorry. I know that this is not a pet forum but I have sense that many firearm owners are also dog owners.

Anyway, my miniature dachshund, Bob Dog passed away this morning. He gave my family 14 years of joy.

I just never thought that it would be this hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Know the feeling TJ, We lost our AKC Registered Golden Retriever a few years ago, She also was with us for 14 years. We cried for 3 days. She was a beautiful, loving joy in our lives. Can't wait to see her again. And we will.

I'm so sorry. I lost two myself last year... one I'd had since he was born who died old age, the other to a brain tumor at only 6. It's amazing the kind of impact a dog will have on your life.

I am sorry for your loss. Dogs are a big part of a family these days. There are few joys in life better then being met at the door by a four legged friend. They don't care about anything but making you happy.

My favorite dog quote.....

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”
― Will Rogers

I'm so sorry. I lost two myself last year... one I'd had since he was born who died old age, the other to a brain tumor at only 6. It's amazing the kind of impact a dog will have on your life.

I prefer dogs to people. They don't judge, argue or demand. You can be the biggest goat in the world, but when you come home the dog is happy to see you.

We had to put our little joy down a year ago and we still miss her! They are family!!

On a lighter note here is this. Put your wife and your dog in the trunk of your car and shut it. Come back in 2 hours and let them out.

Whose happy to see you????

Sorry to hear this. We lost a dog a few years ago and I know how it feels. We have two more dogs and two cats that we will have to go through the same thing with as well.

Thank you everyone.

I'm just thankful that I didn't have to put him down. That was my biggest fear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I won't go so far as to say it's like losing a kid but it's pretty damn close.

I read this on FB and it's one of the few true things I've seen there.

To you the dog is part of your life but to the dog you are its WHOLE life

Sorry to hear about your loss. I've lost a few over the years and it is like loosing part of the family because they are. Not sure who said it but "If I could only be the person my dog thinks I am". I do try to be that person daily, at least to my dog. God Bless.

Sorry to hear about your loss. I know how you feel...lost mine last night at age 13. Went downhill fast & didn't make it on the 20 minute ride to the vet.

I lost my first dog only a couple of years ago.
I had never owned(?) a dog before.
My wife had her when we met.
I have never been more devastated than the day she passed.
I feel your loss friend!
Link Removed

Sent from behind Enemy Lines.

Our condolences. Anyone who has never experienced this does not know how truly heart-breaking it is. I don't care what people say, they are members of the family, and losing one is on the same level losing a sibling or child. One of my senior partners at work lost his 15yo hunting dog last week. It's not a shame to see a grown man cry... or other grown men doing so out of sympathy.

I know how you feel, I lost mine last year. It's very hard because they become like family. My condolences.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Sorry for your loss. It's hard now but it will get better.

I had to have mine put down recently. I never thought I'd cry in front of a vet...

All the best.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back