Looks like I'm first!

BIG E

Hey all,

Well it looks like I am first to post for KY. Woo HOO!

Big E here from KY, lived in Louisville for most of my life and just recently moved just outside the area. I work in IT for a living and have for 12 years now. I have three kids and a lovely wife.

My EDC weapon is a S&W M&P9 in a UBG OWB holster. My BUG is a S&W 642.

Glad to be here and looking forward to watching this forum take off.

BIG E

Last edited:
I guess that makes me second! My information is practically identical to BIG E. (My EDC is a Ruger 345 and I have fewer children but otherwise practically identical!)

I am still trying to find out if it is a criminal act to carry in a posted hospital here in Kentucky. (The law seems too ambiguous in this area) From what I can tell KY seems to be one of the best CCW states.

Anyone have opinions about hospital carry?

Hey all,

Well it looks like I am first to post for KY. Woo HOO!

Big E here from KY, lived in Louisville for most of my life and just recently moved just outside the area. I work in IT for a living and have for 12 years now. I have three kids and a lovely wife.

My EDC weapon is a S&W M&P9 in a UBG OWB holster. My BUG is a S&W 642.

Glad to be here and looking forward to watching this forum take off.

BIG E

Whoa, weird...

I also lived in Louisville half my life, worked in IT (programming) for years, and carry a M&P 9mm. I did recently begin carrying a Stoeger Cougar though... in a UBG holster, however mine is a IWB. Three kids, too. I bet I'm older though. Mine are grown and gone. Seven grandkids, and counting.

I guess that makes me second! My information is practically identical to BIG E. (My EDC is a Ruger 345 and I have fewer children but otherwise practically identical!)

I am still trying to find out if it is a criminal act to carry in a posted hospital here in Kentucky. (The law seems too ambiguous in this area) From what I can tell KY seems to be one of the best CCW states.

Anyone have opinions about hospital carry?

From the KSP web site:

Unless there's something in federal law I don't know about, you're good. They can only ask you to leave, like everywhere else legal to carry.

A concealed firearm or other deadly weapon SHALL NOT be carried in the following places:

Police station or sheriff’s office.

Detention facility, prison or jail.

Courthouse (Court of Justice, courtroom or court proceeding).

County, municipal, or special district governing body meetings.

Meeting of governing body of a county, municipality, or special district.

General Assembly session, including committee meetings.

Any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense beer or alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to that purpose.

Elementary or secondary school facilities (without the consent of school authorities).

Child-caring facilities, day care centers, or any certified family child care home.

Areas within an airport where restricted access is controlled by the inspection of persons or property.

Any place where federal law prohibits the carrying of a firearm.

Cool

Hey That's cool. Glad to see you guys here.

It gets kinda lonely here. I hang out over at DCas well and it seems like it is kinds thin here in KY.

Me thinks maybe a day of shooting is in order. Don't know where you guys live, but it might be doable if you are interested.

Whoa, weird...

I also lived in Louisville half my life, worked in IT (programming) for years, and carry a M&P 9mm. I did recently begin carrying a Stoeger Cougar though... in a UBG holster, however mine is a IWB. Three kids, too. I bet I'm older though. Mine are grown and gone. Seven grandkids, and counting.

That is weird!

Teknoid,

I was looking at the VERY NEXT part of the following PDF - immediately following what you posted.

Link Removed

(17) The owner, business or commercial lessee, or manager of a private business enterprise, day-care center as defined in KRS 199.894 or certified or licensed family child-care home as defined in KRS 199.8982, or a health-care facility licensed under KRS Chapter 216B, except facilities renting or leasing housing, may prohibit persons holding concealed deadly weapon licenses from carrying concealed deadly weapons on the premises and may prohibit employees, not authorized by the employer, holding concealed deadly weapons licenses from carrying concealed deadly weapons on the property of the employer. If the building or the premises are open to the public, the employer or business enterprise shall post signs on or about the premises if carrying concealed weapons is prohibited.

Possession of weapons, or ammunition, or both in a vehicle on the premises shall not be a criminal offense so long as the weapons, or ammunition, or both are not removed from the vehicle or brandished while the vehicle is on the premises.

-------------------------------------------

That last part seems to say that it is not a criminal act as long as you don't take them out of the car which implys that it WOULD be illegal if you did take them out. Otherwise, if they are treated as other businesses in KY (they can ask you to leave but nothing criminal occured) why have this section at all?

To add to the confusion, I need to stop by the airport tonight (SDF). As far as I know it is legal to carry inside the airport (as long as I don't attempt to get past the screeners) but there are signs up and every "authority" I have asked has told me it is illegal to carry ANYWHERE on the premises. - I can find NO law that states that. - Think I'll take my chances on that one!

I missed that. Looks like if it's posted, it's a no-no. It doesn't say anything about penalties, though. On the airports, anything past the screeners is federal. Before should be fine.

Howdy!

Brand new here. I have been missing Packing.org and found this site on [email protected].

Been lurking on many sites for years. Wife and I both carry because of our vocation-Realtors. We are in Northern Kentucky-15 minutes to downtown Cincinnati, which by the way, we avid if at all possible!

Have a great day!

Homeseller

Welcome Homeseller!

Although I have heard that it is against "policy" for some realty organizations I believe I would definitely carry with your profession. - Too many opportunities when you end up alone in a house with a stranger. Stay safe!

Glad to see a few people here from Kentucky.

And - after I may have convinced Technoid that hospital carry is illegal here in Kentucky, here is the rest of that section I previously quoted:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

(17) The owner, business or commercial lessee, or manager of a private business enterprise, day-care center as defined in KRS 199.894 or certified or licensed family child-care home as defined in KRS 199.8982, or a health-care facility licensed under KRS Chapter 216B, except facilities renting or leasing housing, may prohibit persons holding concealed deadly weapon licenses from carrying concealed deadly weapons on the premises and may prohibit employees, not authorized by the employer, holding concealed deadly weapons licenses from carrying concealed deadly weapons on the property of the employer. If the building or the premises are open to the public, the employer or business enterprise shall post signs on or about the premises if carrying concealed weapons is prohibited.

Possession of weapons, or ammunition, or both in a vehicle on the premises shall not be a criminal offense so long as the weapons, or ammunition, or both are not removed from the vehicle or brandished while the vehicle is on the premises. A private but not a public employer may prohibit employees or other persons holding a concealed deadly weapons license from carrying concealed deadly weapons, or ammunition, or both in vehicles owned by the employer, but may not prohibit employees or other persons holding a concealed deadly weapons license from carrying concealed deadly weapons, or ammunition, or both in vehicles owned by the employee, except that the Justice and Public Safety Cabinet may prohibit an employee from carrying any weapons, or ammunition, or both other than the weapons, or ammunition, or both issued or authorized to be used by the employee of the cabinet, in a vehicle while transporting persons under the employee's supervision or jurisdiction. Carrying of a concealed weapon, or ammunition, or both in a location specified in this subsection by a license holder shall not be a criminal act but may subject the person to denial from the premises or removal from the premises, and, if an employee of an employer, disciplinary measures by the employer.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

So now it seems to indicate that you can only be asked to leave and that it is not illegal (by itself) to carry in a hospital but if asked to leave you must do so.

Any ideas? I'm still confused!

Last edited:
I noticed that. Odd that they went through all the trouble to write that mess, when it's basically the same as every other posted place. Government in action, I guess.

Hello

Just wanted all you fellow Bluegrass guys to know there is one more in your fold. Just joined today. Have been lurking around here for a few weeks and finally decided to join.

Hi everyone - hope you don't mind a girl in the group

My husband and I are CCDW instructors. We're in Barren County - South Central KY. We're about 30 miles northeast of Bowling Green - out in the country.

We moved to Kentucky from upstate New York in 2005. Folks are so friendly here. I wish I'd moved here years before.

Hubby is retired. No kids at home. One son in Oregon, one daughter in upstate New York. Other kin in Boston, the Carolinas.... spread out pretty well.

I'll probably give you fellas a chuckle... my EDC is a Bersa/Firestorm .380 - It's in my purse where ever I go. I also carry a .357 Lady Smith and love to plink with my Walther P22....

Hope you don't mind a girl hangin' around the range....:eek:

Welcome bdsoper. From Henderson here about an hour or so north west of you . Always nice to have fellow Kentuckians here. And BTW I never mind ladies hanging around the range. Nothing wrong with a lady that knows how to handle a gun:biggrin:

I just happened across this site a few weeks back and just how go around the posting. *LOL* Looking forward to posting more in the coming years.

Hi all! New to sight from the capitol. Like Tango said, just found this site a couple of weeks. Hope to learn a lot here. Should be receiving my CCDW any day now.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back