Looks as if Panera Bread has caved to MDA

Moms board member Erica Quinn is as nuts as a junkyard dog.
Here’s the emergency protection order requiring she stay away from her own kids --> OCIS Case Summary for PO-2013-960- LEWIS LEWIS LEWIS LEWIS, WILLIAM CHRISTOPHER v. QUINN, ERIKA (Tulsa County District Court)
Here’s her blog --> HowIMetMyTherapist: July 2014 where she espouses hatred and violence…
“My anxiety is thru the roof, & the night terrors are bad. I'm sleeping a lot due to waking up so frequently. I need to blow my top, & soon.”

“The Rage is still there, bubbling, boiling, waiting to blow the top in nuclear fashion.”​
“Dear Mason, F--- you. My hatred for you burns like acid on my soul. F--- you, f--- you, f--- YOU!!! But knowing that maybe, somewhere out there, you relive battle nightmares from one war or another, makes me giggly. I hate you & hope you suffer thru life like the piece of **** that you are. I'm raw & super hyper-anxious today. Praying for release in a healthy manner.... Remember The Rage? I'm close...”​
“The Toxics are what I dread. Quickly it permeates my mood, turning me into a depressed, moody, angry person. This can stay that way for days before The Rage. Sometimes I can hide The Toxics all the way up to the rage but it always comes; always. I'm ashamed that my kids have lived in fear at times. We all joke about my epic temper but there's an underlying ugliness. I've broken things, said heinous things, & acted a fool. Once The Rage is over, depression takes hold.”​
“PTSD is the kingpin in my mental illness BUT I'm also ADD with OCD. This leads to....quirks. My food can't touch. M&M's & Skittles have to be separated & eaten in a certain way. Specific colors. Never mixing. I can eat one food at a time, always in the same order. No wire hangers. Not because of "Mommie Dearest" but because of the sound they make on the rack. I have to sleep away from the door. If someone breaks in, they'll have to kill Spouse to get to me.​
Aren't we supposed to report people like her? She's no different than the Newtown shooter!
Here’s her record for driving with a suspended license, expired registration and no insurance  "STATE OF OKLAHOMA vs. QUINN, ERIKA L " (TRC-2007-02304) | On Demand Court Records
Here’s her record for operating a motor vehicle without a driver’s license  "STATE OF OKLAHOMA vs. QUINN, ERIKA LESLIE " (TR-2000-00985) | On Demand Court Records

I sent them an email regarding their decision, and that I would not spend another nickel in any of their stores, and that I know they have placed their employees and customers in greater danger from criminals that love the safety of a gun free zone.

This is the BS they responded with.

I’m very sorry to hear you disagree with our policy. Within our company, we strive to create Panera Warmth, which means, among other things, creating bakery-cafe environments where customers and associates feel comfortable. Panera Bread respects the rights of gun owners, but we do believe asking that customers not bring their firearms inside our bakery-cafes is consistent with the bakery-cafe environment we are attempting to create.

Thank you for taking the time to write to us and share your comments.

Sincerely,
Panera Bread

What about Target they ask for people to leave their guns home but no sign on the doors. Until it is on the doors I'm wearing mine. When they post no guns them I am boycotting them. Hopefully other Gun carriers will band together to support this. Then we will be One Powerfully Voice.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using USA Carry mobile app

What about Target they ask for people to leave their guns home but no sign on the doors. Until it is on the doors I'm wearing mine. When they post no guns them I am boycotting them. Hopefully other Gun carriers will band together to support this. Then we will be One Powerfully Voice.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using USA Carry mobile app

Yep! but only if I "have to" go to target, otherwise I'm voting with my wallet.

In NC, a no guns sign does carry the weight of law, and I will follow the law simply because I don't to jeopardize my permit. But to all the companies that "request" we leave our guns at home, but don't post their stores, I will carry if I decide I must enter their business, but my first preference is to boycott them.

Target and $tarbuck$ are the first that come to mind, and there is nothing in these stores to draw me in anyway.

I think even LEO's should also boycott these stores and others that have this policy... hey no guns so we cant come in and rescue you from a wood be thug.. a few robberies and they will change there tune!

Neither the Target or the Panera Bread stores near me have anything posted about no guns. If they did, I wouldn't carry there, but since they don't have anything posted I carry in those stores all the time. I rarely go to Target because they almost never have what I'm looking for, but I do love orange scones from Paneras.

One just opened in my town. Haven't been, haven't had much desire to overspend on their overhyped stuff.

But, no FOL here so if they should post (unlikely in this town) and I did feel the need to buy something, there, no big deal.

I see where Panera Bread is coming to a town near me. I won't be patronizing them and have spread the word that if you go there you may as well put a target on your back because gun owners are not welcome to carry there. Our state is an open carry state and we also have a large number of CCW people here. We are not welcome at Panera.
Me or my money doesn't go where we are not welcome.

I'm curious. Suppose a person carries concealed into an establishment that has a "no guns" sign posted. Somehow, the manager spots the printing. The manager can't see the gun or holster but just a printing "bump" or outline. The manager approaches the gun-wearer and asks whether or not that person is carrying a gun.

My question: Is the gun-wearer obliged by law (in any of the states) to answer to a non-LEO's inquiry?

I suppose that even if not legally required to respond to the manager, the situation could be escalated by the manager calling LEO into it. I guess it would depend on how anti-gun the management or corporate owners are.

Basically, I'm wondering, practically speaking, how enforceable are gun-free zones in the commercial sector?

I can see no way that anyone is obligated to answer any question from a citizen. I suspect that most would not have the courage to ask, but run to the back and call 911 and report a MWAG, or ignore it. It could get real ugly if the cops showed up, and it was a colostomy bag or an insulin pump.

Some states you can only be charged with trespassing if you refuse to leave, in others gun buster signs have the force of law. In NC it was a misdemeanor, but the law was changed last year reducing it to an infraction.

Atlanta Bread is very similar to Panera Bread, just not as many of them around. However, they are fine with concealed carry inside their business.

From the article in the OP: "Panera is not banning legally carried firearms from its stores". They are asking people not to bring firearms. You are certainly still free to bring your firearm. It's a fine line several companies have drawn after getting bullied by MDA.

I'm curious. Suppose a person carries concealed into an establishment that has a "no guns" sign posted. Somehow, the manager spots the printing. The manager can't see the gun or holster but just a printing "bump" or outline. The manager approaches the gun-wearer and asks whether or not that person is carrying a gun.

My question: Is the gun-wearer obliged by law (in any of the states) to answer to a non-LEO's inquiry?

I suppose that even if not legally required to respond to the manager, the situation could be escalated by the manager calling LEO into it. I guess it would depend on how anti-gun the management or corporate owners are.

Basically, I'm wondering, practically speaking, how enforceable are gun-free zones in the commercial sector?

Again, Panera is not a gun-free zone by law. There are no signs.

Any business representative can ask you to leave. If you do not comply, you commit criminal trespassing.

The enforcement of gun-free zones depends on state law. In some states, signs do have the force of law, while in some other states, they don't. In any case, if you get asked to leave, you have to leave.

Add Panera Bread to the list of anti-gun establishments:

BREAKING: Panera Asks Customers To Leave Their Guns At Home - The Truth About Guns

I'll miss their asiago roast beef sandwich, but I'm sure I can find a gun-friendly alternative.

I think I've ate at a Panera Bread maybe once in my lifetime but at the time I wasn't a CCW holder...

But whether it's posting a sign or just "asking" me to not carry within their establishment is not going to keep me from carrying. Concealed is concealed. That's why I don't carry openly.

Disclaimer:

Not pickin' on all y'all that live to open carry. I'm just simply stating that that's one of the few reasons why I don't open carry.

I sent them an email regarding their decision, and that I would not spend another nickel in any of their stores, and that I know they have placed their employees and customers in greater danger from criminals that love the safety of a gun free zone.

This is the BS they responded with.

I would have wrote back asking if they expected all the would-be criminals to do the same... If they even gave it two Schits thought about it guaranteeing to the criminal crowd that there's an even lower chance all the sudden of no one now being a hero when someone is thinking of holding the place up.

I get why most of you avoid these places like the plague(whether it's because you open carry exclusively and can't... carry in these places or you're just all about that principle of not supporting "robbers welcome" stores) but I just can't unwrap my mind around feeling like I'm punishing myself by staying out of and not supporting places I enjoy by either not traveling long distances to find other gun-friendly establishments or giving in and leaving my carry protection behind.

That just ain't me.

Again, Panera is not a gun-free zone by law. There are no signs.

Any business representative can ask you to leave. If you do not comply, you commit criminal trespassing.

The enforcement of gun-free zones depends on state law. In some states, signs do have the force of law, while in some other states, they don't. In any case, if you get asked to leave, you have to leave.

I guess I could have let Reba do it and make get own response to your post but as outlined in her reply above in BOLD, I don't think she's asking about a place like Panera Bread that is only "asking" customers to leave their carry protection at home. She did say an establishment with a posted "no guns" sign.

But anyway, if someone "thinks"... that the object under your shirt or other article of clothing is a gun printing though it, they can one, ask you about it and two, ask you to leave with threat of trespass if you don't? Only because you have something under your shirt that "looks like a gun"?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back