Looking to Purchase in MD

viithson

viithson
Attempting to purchase a handgun in MD. Seems nearly impossible. Have checked 3 gun stores and all 3 are not taking orders. How can someone purchase a handgun in MD?

Where in md are you looking? Most gun shops are not taking orders due to "back orders" from suppliers. Some will accept an online order through sites like budsgunshop.com you just have to pay the transfer fees and dealer fees

From what I've read, the dealer charges between $20 and $40. I'm sure there's some charging higher fees now though. Is there a separate transfer fee? I don't know.

Never ordered a pistol on line. On average, how much are the transfer and dealer fees?

If you go to any of the online gun shops, most will have a page that will search for FFL's in your area that will receive the firearm for you. At this point, you can call the different FFL's and ask them directly. Generally, they are between $15 (very low end) to $40... however, I've seen some shops charge upwards of $100. So, please check. In addition, you'll probably get acquainted with more gun shops in your area.

Went in to my local gun shop here in Virginia a bought a really nice smith an Wesson revolver. Entire del took about 5 minutes and we didn't need bg brothers permission.

That's why I've bought exactly zero firearms in Maryland. It is well worth a drive to PA, VA, WV, etc to avoid O'Malley's reach.

That's why I've bought exactly zero firearms in Maryland. It is well worth a drive to PA, VA, WV, etc to avoid O'Malley's reach.

I must be missing something here. Since the handgun must go through a MD dealer anyway to be legally transferred, how does this help? Are the rules different for a handgun coming in to a MD dealer that was purchased out of state than if the person just walked into the MD dealer's store and bought it there?

If you are a Maryland resident, you cannot legally purchase a regulated firearm (handgun) in another state without having it transferred to a FFL in MD.

I must be missing something here. Since the handgun must go through a MD dealer anyway to be legally transferred, how does this help? Are the rules different for a handgun coming in to a MD dealer that was purchased out of state than if the person just walked into the MD dealer's store and bought it there?

Perhaps the poster was referring to a non-regulated firearm (long gun), or he's not being truthful. You cannot buy a regulated firearm in a state in which you do not reside, without it being transferred to you via a FFL in your own state of residence.

The rules are the same - if you buy a regulated firearm from an on-line dealer in another state - it doesn't matter which state - it must be shipped to a FFL in your home state for the "in-person" transfer.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back