looking to get a 380 revolver

Glocknut78

Was thinking about getting a 380 wheel gun any thoughts or suggestions on what to get or what not to get I know what feels good to me is different for others just looking for others input

So what do you mean ? A .380 is a semi-auto round, but a .38 special is a revolver round. I never saw a revolver chambered for the .380 acp. But if you want a revolver I would suggest a .38 Special. It's a much better caliber for self defense than the .380 acp. As far as brands of revolvers go, I would stick to Smith & Wesson, Ruger, Taurus or a Colt if you can find one. Good luck.

I have a 38 but taurus has a 380 so I was looking to see if anyone has one and what are there thoughts on it

Sent from Glocknut78's iPhone using Link Removed

So what do you mean ? A .380 is a semi-auto round, but a .38 special is a revolver round. I never saw a revolver chambered for the .380 acp. But if you want a revolver I would suggest a .38 Special. It's a much better caliber for self defense than the .380 acp. As far as brands of revolvers go, I would stick to Smith & Wesson, Ruger, Taurus or a Colt if you can find one. Good luck.

Google 380 acp revolver, I think 2 or 3 companys make them don't remember who exactly but I have seen them, also I think same people make 9mm revolvers, honestly don't know why, other than some guys figure they just got to have one cause its cool :sarcastic:

Taurus and Cobray make 380 revolvers, they along with S&W make them in 9mm, may be others, still don't know why

Bet it's got to do with ammo availability... Maybe people want a practice revolver with cheaper ammo? .357 is expensive, and I still have issues finding .38 sometimes... sells out quick.

here in ga 38 is very hard to find I thought about 9mm but that's still hard to get your hands on 380 is easy for me to get and price is better than 38

here in ga 38 is very hard to find I thought about 9mm but that's still hard to get your hands on 380 is easy for me to get and price is better than 38

If all you're concerned about is wheel gun practice why not just get a .22? The recoil between a .380 and a .38 is in no way comparable so since price seems to be a bigger determining factor for you, the .22 seems like a logical choice. I've seen more .22 in my area than .380.

I was thinking 22 but my wife has a Bersa 380 so if I buy bulk I'm covered and 22 gets sucked up quick it's been about 6 weeks since any local stores had any

But like I said thinking of getting one I might just go get another semi auto for myself lol

Was thinking about getting a 380 wheel gun any thoughts or suggestions on what to get or what not to get I know what feels good to me is different for others just looking for others input
A buddy of mine recently picked up a Taurus. 380 5-shot wheelgun. He was looking for a light-kicking airweight for his wife and thought he had found it. He's put a couple hundred rounds through it, but has not been entirely pleased with it. It does kick a little lighter than a 38 Special, but the difference isn't very great. The big problem with the. 380 revolver lies with its rimless round. Because the round is rimless, the ejector rod will not eject a spent round. Reloading the revolver requires that each round be picked out of each chamber individually, a slow and tedious process, especially under pressure. I understand that full moon clips are available to facilitate reloads, but this involves additional equipment, expense and steps.

My best advice is, if you want a revolver, purchase one in a rimmed cartridge like the 38 Special or 32 H&R Magnum, unless you're willing to deal with caliber-specific full moon clips and loading tools. They can be a pain. There are countries where handguns in military calibers (38 Spl., 9mmP & 45 ACP) are prohibited. Perhaps a 380 revolver makes sense there...

A buddy of mine recently picked up a Taurus. 380 5-shot wheelgun. He was looking for a light-kicking airweight for his wife and thought he had found it. He's put a couple hundred rounds through it, but has not been entirely pleased with it. It does kick a little lighter than a 38 Special, but the difference isn't very great. The big problem with the. 380 revolver lies with its rimless round. Because the round is rimless, the ejector rod will not eject a spent round. Reloading the revolver requires that each round be picked out of each chamber individually, a slow and tedious process, especially under pressure. I understand that full moon clips are available to facilitate reloads, but this involves additional equipment, expense and steps.

My best advice is, if you want a revolver, purchase one in a rimmed cartridge like the 38 Special or 32 H&R Magnum, unless you're willing to deal with caliber-specific full moon clips and loading tools. They can be a pain. There are countries where handguns in military calibers (38 Spl., 9mmP & 45 ACP) are prohibited. Perhaps a 380 revolver makes sense there...
Thank you for the post that's what I wanted to know some say its good but more are saying its a pain I'll keep the 38 I have and look for something else

Thank you for the post that's what I wanted to know some say its good but more are saying its a pain I'll keep the 38 I have and look for something else

My buddy wishes he had done what you did, posting before he spent $400..... Good move, Glock78! A 380 revolver might make sense in Mexico or Italy due to their gun laws, but there are better options in the good ole' U. S. of A......

Walther just came out a while back with a PK 380 that is a 8+1 round auto. It is rated very good. Only has 1 mag. with it though. I suggest a spare would be advisable. It is a good CC weapon.

Pk380 is a great gun I have suggested it to many people but I think I will add one to my collection as well

Pk380 is a great gun I have suggested it to many people but I think I will add one to my collection as well

The act that some people actually like that gun amazes me. If my wife wasn't so attached to it, I'd cut mine in half with an angle grinder, toss it in the trash and never look back.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back