Looking to buy a gun.

That's what I carry. I took the advice of the forum and keep the big beretta storm loaded with the 40 S&W HST 180 grain and the little Ruger that I carry on me loaded with the HST 140 or 145 grain, whichever of the two they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Again, any 9 mm weapon is designed to wound not kill and if you are going to carry plan and have a mind set of you will kill if attacked!!

Proof that you are not a CC instructor or any kind of firearms instructor. Handguns and not 1 shot man-stoppers (save perhaps a 50cal DE), and handguns don't have the power or velocity.

Proof that you are not a CC instructor or any kind of firearms instructor. Handguns and not 1 shot man-stoppers (save perhaps a 50cal DE), and handguns don't have the power or velocity.

The guy thinks only a .45 ACP (which does happen to be my EDC BTW) can stop a threat with one shot, yet he can't make his argument without using multiple exclamation points in nearly every sentence. Apparently he's using the .45 platform to compensate for his weak shot placement, and using exclamation points to compensate for his weak(er) arguments. Maybe??????????????????? LOL

Blues

It depends on what you purpose for owing it is. As a Conceal Carry Instructor I always recommended not less than a 45ACP in Caliber as this is the recommended minimum caliber for this use.
To carry smaller and then have to use it may not keep a person from being shot by an aggressor. All will fit your hand if needed.

Properly trained using proper ammo can stop with one shot.
45ACP Hydro-Shock by Federal are very lethal when used in a situation where the first to fire may make the difference in living or dying.
Try some of these on different targets compared to a normal hollow point 45 and you may be surprised as to the additional stopping power they have.

Master (International Practical Shooting Confederation) Ipsic and Master Defensive Pistol Rated Shooter. CC Instructor in Texas and New Mexico for a total of 10 years or more.
Does this help as to my qualifications? Also, I am not a dumb man but a very well educated Female in Defensive actions such as a 6th degree Black Belt in Judo, Akedo, and Karate.
Also had a chance to shoot a 50 Cal Rifle at the US Military 50 Cal Rifle School years ago. Any other questions?

Master (International Practical Shooting Confederation) Ipsic and Master Defensive Pistol Rated Shooter. CC Instructor in Texas and New Mexico for a total of 10 years or more.
Does this help as to my qualifications? Also, I am not a dumb man but a very well educated Female in Defensive actions such as a 6th degree Black Belt in Judo, Akedo, and Karate.
Also had a chance to shoot a 50 Cal Rifle at the US Military 50 Cal Rifle School years ago. Any other questions?

Well I guess you know it all then don't you? Apparently the FBI and many law enforcement agencies disagree. Even Bill Wilson now has switched his carry gun to 9mm. But I guess you know better then all of them. There are many advantages to a 9mm over 45. Less recoil equates to faster and more accurate follow up shots as no pistol caliber is a one shot stopper. More capacity by about double in a similar sized gun. Cheaper to practice with. And 9mm has benefited more than any other caliber with the recent technological improvement to defensive ammo which is now offering little of any ballistic advantage to 45. Better barrier penetration than the 45.
https://www.google.com/amp/www.ammoland.com/2015/01/handgun-caliber-doesnt-matter/amp/?client=safari
Bill Wilson prefers 9mm for carry.

45ACP Hydro-Shock by Federal are very lethal when used in a situation where the first to fire may make the difference in living or dying.
Try some of these on different targets compared to a normal hollow point 45 and you may be surprised as to the additional stopping power they have.

If you want a serious discussion, I suggest to reply to posts criticizing you by quoting those posts. Otherwise, your posts are just uncontrolled rambling, like this one.

I do not know any law enforcement agency that still issues the old Federal Hydra-Shock (not Hydro-Shock). Instead, they issue Federal HST or Speed Gold Dot.

As I said in one of my previous posts, the FBI disagrees with you on caliber choice: Link Removed.

People who claim that .45 ACP has superior "stopping power" just stopped educating themselves at some point in the past 20-30 years about terminal performance. Using the term "stopping power" with service handgun cartridges is laughable, as they are all anemic. Has .45 ACP better terminal ballistics than 9mm? Sure, but, mostly, at the cost of capacity.

It depends on what you purpose for owing it is. As a Conceal Carry Instructor I always recommended not less than a 45ACP in Caliber as this is the recommended minimum caliber for this use.
To carry smaller and then have to use it may not keep a person from being shot by an aggressor. All will fit your hand if needed.

Another problem I have with your posts is with the sentence in bold is the recommendation of .45 ACP as minimum caliber for concealed carry. What bigger or more powerful caliber would you recommend for concealed carry if one choses not to carry the minimum caliber? I understand that for self defense against four legged predators in the woods a more powerful caliber is recommended, but that's not what we are talking about here. Are you recommending a more powerful caliber for concealed carry on the street?

So it's dark, some thug strung out on drugs suddenly appears from behind a car or building and is charging at you with a knife or crowbar, and you can draw, aim, fire, and place one round in one of the few places on the human body that will immediately drop him in his tracks.

And you say you are an instructor?

Link Removed

I suspect that 50% of the material covered in one of your CC classes is solely about you and how great you are.

After reading all the stuff going on in the world I want a gun to protect my self. My friends husband recommended me a Glock to own, I read some articles on the Glock 17 vs 19 and both interests me because they are used by law enforcement. Would gun be conformable in smaller hands or should I get a smaller gun?
The next time your in a gun shop ask to hold a Glock 7 and see if you like it.

So it's dark, some thug strung out on drugs suddenly appears from behind a car or building and is charging at you with a knife or crowbar, and you can draw, aim, fire, and place one round in one of the few places on the human body that will immediately drop him in his tracks.

And you say you are an instructor?

Link Removed

I hate to say it ...but...

+1 brother.

I do not know any law enforcement agency that still issues the old Federal Hydra-Shock (not Hydro-Shock). Instead, they issue Federal HST or Speed Gold Dot.

I'll just leave this here.

Gotta run out and get me some Speed Gold Dots

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back