Looking to buy a gun.

Jik

After reading all the stuff going on in the world I want a gun to protect my self. My friends husband recommended me a Glock to own, I read some articles on the Glock 17 vs 19 and both interests me because they are used by law enforcement. Would gun be conformable in smaller hands or should I get a smaller gun?

I don't know where you live. But my advise would be find a local gun shop and go in a talk with them. Hold several handguns and see what fits your hand. If they have a range and you can try several before making a decision you should find what you need. I'm not a fan of just buying without trying .

Bluestar is absolutely right. Best to go to a gun shop that has a firing range and try them on the range. Look not only for size, but weight and ammo availability and price.

Go to a range/store that rents various handguns and try them out. While at the range, take a handguns basics class and try to understand what tool you need to get the job done. The Glock 19 is a very versatile handgun, small enough to carry and big enough to fight with. The Glock 17 is bigger and a little on the bulky side, but that's subjective.

Smaller hands doesn't equal smaller firearms. The smaller and lighter the firearm is, the more recoil it has and the more difficult it is to control with small hands.

In any case, get training and practice regularly.

Go to a range and rent...to see what feels comfortable. I have a Glock 23 for home defense and I carry my Glock 43. I have small hands...fat stubby fingers.

After reading all the stuff going on in the world I want a gun to protect my self. My friends husband recommended me a Glock to own, I read some articles on the Glock 17 vs 19 and both interests me because they are used by law enforcement. Would gun be conformable in smaller hands or should I get a smaller gun?

How do you plan to carry, purse, open, concealed in an inside the waistband holster? Also some things to consider depending on how you intend to carry it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Assuming a woman is posing the question, (small hands), I would discourage purse carry. It needs to be ON your body, not IN something you can set down, leave in a shopping cart, combined with the fact that crooks target purses anyway as easy marks.

Also if you are a woman, find a gun store that has women employees and get one of them to help you. You don't need the attitude some men have about "the little lady needs a little gun".

Agree with everyone here. The only way to know is to get them all in your hands and see what feels right and points naturally for you. I highly recommend the Walther PPQ or P99 for full size or P99c (double stack) or PPS M2 (single stack) for more compact and concealable options. All have world class ergonomics and great reliability and accuracy.

Take some basic pistol classes from a female NRA instructor. There are lots of them now. These ladies can show you how to best use your pistol if you have already bought one. If you have difficulty with the slide or any other aspect of shooting your firearm, they can help you. Getting help from an experienced female NRA instructor is gold. They have it over even knowledgeable guy instructors because, being female, they know many of the obstacles you face with different hand strength and body shape issues. If you can't find a female NRA instructor then take a class anyway. Don't take a four hour jiffy class at a gun show to get a CCW. Take a real class. The instructor will be able to help you with your handgun choice and will likely have several options for you to try in the range portion of the class. Even if you don't intend to carry a firearm, it is important to get some class time and range instruction before placing a loaded firearm beside your bed or in a closet.

Go online to some great internet sites such as "The Cornered Cat", "The Well Armed Woman" or "Armed and Feminine" There are tons of useful information on these sites.
Hope this information is useful to you.:)
Kate

If you learn from an expert and can handle a 1911 colt with 45ACP Hydra-Shock rounds then you will be at the best to protect yourself unless,
you are afraid to pull the trigger then, do not carry and stay out of places you may need to carry. In your home get a 12 Gage shot gun with 00 buck shot ant point and pull!!
fast, easy and point and shoot will or should get the job completed.

What are you most interested in the cost of operation and training or how well you are protected???

Go to a range/store that rents various handguns and try them out. While at the range, take a handguns basics class and try to understand what tool you need to get the job done. The Glock 19 is a very versatile handgun, small enough to carry and big enough to fight with. The Glock 17 is bigger and a little on the bulky side, but that's subjective.

Smaller hands doesn't equal smaller firearms. The smaller and lighter the firearm is, the more recoil it has and the more difficult it is to control with small hands.

In any case, get training and practice regularly.

To all that believe a 9 mm round is lethal need to do some research as the smallest round for real protection is a 45ACP preferably a 45ACP Hydro-Shock Round!

How do you plan to carry, purse, open, concealed in an inside the waistband holster? Also some things to consider depending on how you intend to carry it.

A holster that is also a Purse wit a quick deploy if the weapon!

Agree with everyone here. The only way to know is to get them all in your hands and see what feels right and points naturally for you. I highly recommend the Walther PPQ or P99 for full size or P99c (double stack) or PPS M2 (single stack) for more compact and concealable options. All have world class ergonomics and great reliability and accuracy.

Again, any 9 mm weapon is designed to wound not kill and if you are going to carry plan and have a mind set of you will kill if attacked!!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back