Looking for owb holster for Xd 45

rekotadrekoj187

I'm looking for a good owb holster that rides high for my Xd 45 4" fs. Preferably kydex but I'm open to suggestions. I already have a great iwb holster but would like a great owb as well. Anything with adjustable cant would be a plus as well.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using USA Carry mobile app

Can't go wrong with a Blackhawk SERPA. 3 position adjustable cant, forward, straight, or rear.

Also just picked up Fobus Roto-Tactical holster for my G23 to use as my duty holster. Love it. Their "Roto" models rotate 360 degrees with something like 32 locking positions. Their tactical model is their holster that accommodates rail accessories which I needed because I work graveyard and keep a light on my weapon. Works with any rail or trigger guard mounted accessory though.

^^^ add another recommendation for the SERPA Blackhawk. The other advantage of it is that it "locks" into place so if someone does try to steal your gun, they won't be able to. There is a release that you depress that is in alignment to where your trigger finger should be when you draw a firearm. Therefore, taking the firearm out of the holster is extremely fluid.

I just read an ad in the NRA magazine advertising Sneaky Pete Holsters touted to be a good summer holster for outer wear. It has a neat, dressy appearance which could be easily mistaken for a phone holster and not draw much attention to the fact it is a gun holster. Just a little something to look into if you are interested. SneakyPete.

I just read an ad in the NRA magazine advertising Sneaky Pete Holsters touted to be a good summer holster for outer wear. It has a neat, dressy appearance which could be easily mistaken for a phone holster and not draw much attention to the fact it is a gun holster. Just a little something to look into if you are interested. SneakyPete.

I actually checked them out to but I'm not to fond of having to remove any extra covering to get to my gun. I'm not ruling them out though cause I plan to purchase one for wearing around work though.

Dale Fricke and Blade Teck both make excellent OWB holsters that conceal well. As to the Serpa, do some research before you buy. It'll secure your pistol but if someone wants to do a gun grab they can rip the holster off your belt fairly easily.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

Dale Fricke and Blade Teck both make excellent OWB holsters that conceal well. As to the Serpa, do some research before you buy. It'll secure your pistol but if someone wants to do a gun grab they can rip the holster off your belt fairly easily.

Never heard that about the SERPA before in my life. How do you figure? 3 screws attach the holster to the belt loop. I don't think given 5 minutes you could rip it off my belt. Now if you're using the paddle it's a different story but don't blame that on the SERPA. That's a design draw back for paddles, which tons of different holsters use as an option.

Try it. We did in force on force and it didn't take 5 minutes.

Check out Mernickle Holsters PS6 model. This high ride holster does an excellent job of tucking the grip tight against your body. My only affiliation with Mernickle is as a customer.

Link Removed

Last edited:
Check out Mernickle Holsters PS6 model. This high ride holster does an excellent job of tucking the grip tight against your body. My only affiliation with Mernickle is as a customer.

Link Removed

$100 for a leather owb holster is a little much for my taste plus I'm looking for a kydex owb holster. I'll never go for leather holsters again for the simple issues such as wear marks on my weapons. Thanks for the suggestion though.

If you like Kydex, I prefer the Blackhawk Serpa. It has a retention feature as well. Of all the holsters I own, this is the one I reach for most often. It's light weight, it can be adjusted to several canted positions, it can be adjusted for several belt sizes, and as I mentioned has the retention system which is undone with your trigger finger held in the position it should be when retrieving your sidearm (completely extended). One other feature is the holster comes with both a paddle and a belt held option.

I'm looking for a good owb holster that rides high for my Xd 45 4" fs. Preferably kydex but I'm open to suggestions. I already have a great iwb holster but would like a great owb as well. Anything with adjustable cant would be a plus as well.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using USA Carry mobile app

Really depends on what your using it for. I use my Level 2 Serpa when I go to the range, but it's overkill when I just want to carry. If your looking for a Kydex OWB with the traditional look of a leather holster, Check out Armed Civiallian 556's channel on youtube. Unless the tacti-cool look is what your after.

Really depends on what your using it for. I use my Level 2 Serpa when I go to the range, but it's overkill when I just want to carry. If your looking for a Kydex OWB with the traditional look of a leather holster, Check out Armed Civiallian 556's channel on youtube. Unless the tacti-cool look is what your after.

Just curious, what makes the SERPA "overkill" for EDC, IYO. The retention? I personally look at it the other way. I don't mind using a straight draw at the range but I would never OC in public with less than a Lvl 2 holster. Too easy for somebody to walk up and grab it while you're, say, handing your card to a cashier or something. Situational awareness is great and necessary but when you're in a crowded store in a line or something, there's only so much you can pay attention to at once.

Just curious, what makes the SERPA "overkill" for EDC, IYO. The retention? I personally look at it the other way. I don't mind using a straight draw at the range but I would never OC in public with less than a Lvl 2 holster. Too easy for somebody to walk up and grab it while you're, say, handing your card to a cashier or something. Situational awareness is great and necessary but when you're in a crowded store in a line or something, there's only so much you can pay attention to at once.

That's why I CC. Well that and the "surprise" factor.

Not so much overkill like the Level 3's. I just think the tactical look is weird for EDC. Don't get me wrong, I do it on range days, and sometimes other times depending on where I go. But I think for the most part a regular leather holster looks and feels more the part. I think for the most part, those willing to steal a gun, would know how to disengage it, OR just rip if off completely. When it comes to a leather holster if you've never used one, if you try to rip the gun out but not in the right way, it's amazing the resistance it will have.

I guess I should have been a little more clear when posting but I plan on CC with whichever owb holster I decide to go with but opinions are what I'm after here so please opinionate away everyone haha. This will also be used for everday carry and I mean EVERYDAY when I say that lol.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back