Looking for luggage for secure flying with a gun.

I travel with a Pelican case. Several good options at Fry's Electronics. Link RemovedLink RemovedLink RemovedLink RemovedLink Removed

Yes. The hard sided container needs to be locked correctly, i.e., not with a TSA-compliant lock. The larger luggage case can be locked with a TSA-compliant lock. The firearm tag will be placed outside the hard sided container. Read the link I posted: Flying With Your Guns Revisited | The Truth About Guns

Exactly! To repeat and add one suggestion. Small Pellican had case with a lock that is NOT TSA compliant inside your regular luggage. The outer, regular luggage case will have a TSA lock on it giving the TSA access as with all other luggage.
There will be no tags or anything to indicate there is a firearm inside. My suggestion is that since the TSA can open the luggage with your locked firearm Pelican case inside (which they can't unlock) is to find a piece of luggage with an arm that holds the top open so that you can put a cable lock through that arm (or some way to secure the cable lock inside) and the handle of your Pelican case (again with a non compliant TSA lock) just to make it a little more difficult to just remove your locked weapon case which might otherwise just go missing.

Be aware, TSA guy just told me this week that they will be looking for plastic cases that can be easily pried open from one side, for example those that need a lock on each side.

Traveled from Chicago to Jackson, MS on United. Used my Pelican case w/o any problems. Used two Master locksLink Removed

Last edited:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back