Looking for good IWB holster.

Crossbreed

I've tried DeSantis, Highnoon, Galco and Crossbreed. The Crossbreed Supertuck was my choice for IWB bar none!

They are 3" Kimber Ultra CDP II's one is a 45acp and the other is a 9mm, the 5" is a Kimber Eclipse Custom II 45acp. Two of the holsters are Milt Sparks Summer Comfort II's and the other one is a Little Bear, all are IWB.:cool:

Yea, I meant to comment on the hardware as well. Very nice.

How is the Kimber Ultra CDP? Recoil, reliability, overall happiness with the purchase? Your opinions for value vs. cost.

Thanks and Peace...

I am partial to the Milt Spark Versa Max II. I carry a offier size 1911 in my daily and it is very comfortable and easliy hides the gun under a t shirt. One of the other concerns you should have on any carry holster is how stable is it when you draw. The Versa Max hardly moves on draw and stay open for re-holstering. It is also easy to take off when it is necessary to use a public bathroom.

Brigade Gun Leather also make a model m-11 that is very close to the Versa Max and is a wonderful holster. The bad thing about either of these is that since they are custom made the wait time is horrendous.

Have a Supertuck for my XD40 Service and a Galco Stow-N-Go. Both are very comfortable. Have only been carrying for a short time in public, but have worn them around the house to try them out. Took 79 days to get my CCW on 5/4/10. They both conceal very well, and they give me some options on what clothing I am going to wear. I am a big guy, 5' 11", 285 lbs and some holsters just do not work at all for me. I went to my friendly local dealer and tried on several different types of holsters before I purchased any. You really can't lose on the Supertuck because you have two weeks to try it out and return it, no questions, no hassel. :happy:

Withe the Supertuck or the regular IWB, do you still have to wear a one size larger pair of pants?

I'm amazed that you folks can carry such large weapons in the waistband, and with a holster to boot! I adapted the Kel-Tek P3AT belt clip to my Ruger LCP. I tuck the entire weapon into my waistband. Tried an Uncle Mike's 8910-1 (Size 10), but it holds the weapon way too high, and there is no fabric between the top of the gun and my skin.

Good luck!

I'm amazed that you folks can carry such large weapons in the waistband, and with a holster to boot! I adapted the Kel-Tek P3AT belt clip to my Ruger LCP. I tuck the entire weapon into my waistband. Tried an Uncle Mike's 8910-1 (Size 10), but it holds the weapon way too high, and there is no fabric between the top of the gun and my skin.

Good luck!

I am amazed too.I don't see how they do it.

I had to wear My Milt Sparks Versa MaxII with a Full size Kimber For 48 hours straight when we bugged out for Rita, and Much of the time I couldn't even feel it, Now the double mag carrier was noticeable but not so much the Holster

I have one from a custom maker on Glock Talk, Kwart, Shielded Holsters.

It has belt slots for OWB and metal clips for IWB. More versatile and Nicer looking than the Supertuck, and it came in a week! I am ordering a custom mag holder that has OWB and IWB capability with a 2 mag capacity.

Extremely comfortable! Even with a Block 23.

Easy to carry a Glock 23...or 27.

Now that I've had plenty of hours and days wotking with the Cross Breed Super Tuck and a Galco Sky Ops for my Glock 27, the Cross Breed wins by far for comfort and concealment. The only think about the Cross Breed is the large belt clips that a trained eye knows what it is. I typically wear dress slacks with either a polo type shirt or a button up dress shirt. If you have the ST adjusted properly (i.e. cant) it very comfortable and will not print with even more fitted shirts. My first day wearing it within a few minutes you barely notice your wearing it. I spend a lot of time driving and sitting in the car is no problem. I can even access it while seated if needed.

Jason

Well I went back and forth between the Crossbreed SuperTuck and the Kholster for my PT709. Finally after enough positive comments on the Kholster, I sent an e-mail to Jimmy. He was helpful and responded quickly. Plus the price was pretty good. Well, the holster is supposed to be delivered tomorrow or Saturday. I'll give you'all an update next week after I've got a lot of hours of wear. Frankly, I think I'll be telling you'all that it's incredibly comfortable. FYI, most folks will tell you that the Crossbreed SuperTuck "looks better". However, Jimmy was able to offer me an IWB holster for my Judge Magnum. It's possible I'll be buying another holster if it lives up to all the hype. In the meantime, I've been using an Uncle Mike's IWB and though it's somewhat comfortable, if I'm wearing it when I am doing chores in the yard, it feels like it's creeping out of the holster.

UPDATE: Well I received my Kholster holster and began using it. First off, VERY comfortable. Especially compared to some of the smaller leather IWB holsters I've used. I began wearing my holster whenever I could. I wore it all weekend long, while shopping and doing chores around the house. Did I say comfortable? Even in the Gulf humidity of Southeast Texas, this holster was comfortable. The hold of the gun was great. I would highly recommend this holster. When I received the holster, they also provided an opportunity for a 10% discount.

If you are interested in this holster, their website is - www.kholster.com

The rebate (discount) code is 06-4534. Once you've ordered the holster, enter the REBATE CODE in the special instructions field during checkout or send them the REBATE CODE in an e-mail. You'll receive a 10% discount form the normal price. I think you'll be satisfied with the product. I found it to be very well built and qualitywise, it was more than I expected.

Last edited:
concealed carry

I have carried a Kahr in 9 mm, and a Kahr in .40 for five years now. I have carried them in various holsters, but my favorite has to be the front pocket holster by Andrews Custom Leather.

I have now just purchased a Para-Ordnance (now Para-USA) model CCW in .45 ACP. I purchased a Ted Blocker DA3 IWB holster and have worn it all day today. Actually this holster comes with clips for OWB, IWB, and IWB super tuck. The last holster clips are a J type clip that are almost invisible on the belt. They go over the pants, but under the belt, then the bottom of the j clips under the belt. I am very impressed. I have my shirt tucked in, the holster on my right hip, and I have asked several friends if they can tell I'm carrying. None could spot it until I put my hands directly over the gun grips. This CCW is not a full size, but I'm told is a Commander sized. It has 4.25" barrel and 7 round magazine. The CCW has the LDA (light double action) trigger, and I absolutely love it. It also has a slide safety which I believe will make it a very safe gun to carry. I have shot it at the range and I can shoot it SO much better than the little Kahrs.

Semper Fi!
Allan
Retired Marine, Life Member NRA, Life Member GOA, VFW, MOPH,

To the OP, if you have not already made your decision, you may want to consider the CrossBreed MiniTuck for the PF9. I have the MiniTuck for my PF9 and I've literally forgotten that I'm wearing the holster and carrying the gun.

Not pimping another forum, but you might find a deal on a "second" from Mark at CrossBreed on XDTalk. Try this link: Link Removed

You have to be a forum member to order but it's well worth the savings.

I've tried a few IWBs. Krammer used to be my hands down favorite until I got my hands on a MIlt Sparks Versa Max II. Now everything else, including the Krammer doesn't even come close. I won't buy anything besides Milt Sparks from now on

I'm another SuperTuck Fan - Been carrying in a ST for about a year now, and LOVE it. I just ordered a MiniClip for my LCP too. Anything made by CrossBreed is worth buying IMHO.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back