Looking for CC pistol

twobitshooter

Hello, I've been a member here for a little while, but this is my first post. anyways, I currently own a CZ 40P and open carry it most of the time, (NC) but I would like to have something for concealed carry. I'd like to stick with .40 cal, but I might consider a 9mm. My CZ is a decocker model and I really like that, but really my only requirements are .40 cal and ambidextrous safety (I'm left handed). I really like the Sig Sauer's, but none of them are lefty-friendly.

Any suggestions?

thanks

Beginner's Guide to Carry

I recommend The Beginner's Guide to Carry for anyone new to carry. Link Removed

Last edited:
I have a Walther P5 compact. Very nice gun and it ejects to the left side. As far as I know it is the only one that does. The slide release is however on the left hand side so it may not help much. I am not a lefty but I can't say that the direction of ejection was ever noticeable while I was firing it. If you have ever seen the Walker Texas Ranger T.V. shows that were on in the 90's it is the gun that Walker's partner carried. Not sure if they are still in production. I do know they were quite expensive but a very good hand gun although it is a 9mm.

Welcome to USA Carry.

Assuming that money is not an object, have you considered purchasing a 1911? Sure they are chambered in .45 instead of .40, but that should not be a problem, should it? Their slim design makes them easily concealable and best of all for you, the safety lever is located near the rear of the slide on the left hand side.

Since ,you already have a CZ, and I assume you like it, why not consider the CZ2075 RAMI. This is a sub-compact in either 9MM or .40

It is higly concealable. There are also grip extenders for the mags to make it a little more comfortable for those with bigger hands.

My Sig P250 seems to be ambidextrous. It does not have a safety. It's DAO. The slide release is on both sides. The magazine release can be swapped from one side to the other. It is, however, not exactly small. Good luck. It's a 9mm, but can be changed. You can get different frames and calibers for it, but the kits don't come cheap.

My Sig P250 seems to be ambidextrous. It does not have a safety. It's DAO. The slide release is on both sides. The magazine release can be swapped from one side to the other. It is, however, not exactly small. Good luck. It's a 9mm, but can be changed. You can get different frames and calibers for it, but the kits don't come cheap.

It is, however, not exactly small.

Dr.David you got the compact model didn't you. I think it will be quite a bit smaller with the sub compact conversion.

Hello, I've been a member here for a little while, but this is my first post. anyways, I currently own a CZ 40P and open carry it most of the time, (NC) but I would like to have something for concealed carry. I'd like to stick with .40 cal, but I might consider a 9mm. My CZ is a decocker model and I really like that, but really my only requirements are .40 cal and ambidextrous safety (I'm left handed). I really like the Sig Sauer's, but none of them are lefty-friendly.

Any suggestions?

thanks

Sig's aren't very budget friendly, either.

The new line of Berettas that are coming out tend to be ambidextrous. Most that I know of have an ambi. safety. I think even the new PX4 has some slight modifications to switch the magazine release and the ejector to the left side. They run in the neighborhood of $400-$600 I think.

I just got another baby eagle, which is a cz chlone, and a lot of people say better than the cz. the grip is very comfortable. the safety/decocker is ambedextrous. you can get it in 9mm, .40, and .45. full size, semi compact, or compact. they also make some with a polymer frame to lighten it up a bit. good luck let us know what you choose.

I'm left handed and my primary carry gun is a Sig P229R Equinox. All I had to do was reverse the magazine eject button to the other side. Sure, the slide lock lever is on the left, but that just required an adjustment in how I lock the slide back. Feels perfectly normal.

The S&W M&P is very left hand friendly. All of the buttons are duplicated on the right side of the gun.

It is, however, not exactly small.

Dr.David you got the compact model didn't you. I think it will be quite a bit smaller with the sub compact conversion.

Yes. I think the only way you can buy it now is in the compact model. I am sure the subcompact would be perfect for carry, but if I recall the conversion kits are over $400. I don't, however, have any issues carrying it the way it is. It is just a little bigger than some people would want. Sig Rules.

I'm left handed and my primary carry gun is a Sig P229R Equinox. All I had to do was reverse the magazine eject button to the other side. Sure, the slide lock lever is on the left, but that just required an adjustment in how I lock the slide back. Feels perfectly normal.

The S&W M&P is very left hand friendly. All of the buttons are duplicated on the right side of the gun.

I was about to say my Dad is a lefty and he loves my M&P. I've found my 9mm "full" and compact to be extremely reliable and carry the full size every day. At 6'1" and 175 I don't think I conceal it very well in a T-shirts but, no one ever pays attention to me much either.

howdy!

i wouldlike to recommend the makarov. economically priced , ammo can now be found nearly everywhere and in nearly every configuration. small enough to carry and big enough to do the job. last i heard the St. Petersburg, Russia Police Forces are still using them and so is the Soviet Special Forces.

I carry a Makarov. Nice gun. Fairly small size makes it easy to conceal. Very accurate for its size due to fixed barrel design. Very simple design makes it easy to clean or work on. Not that you'll ever need to work on it because they are super reliable. Built like a tank tough. I got mine (unissued Bulgarian) about 6 years ago for $195.00. I've heard they are getting hard to find but I still see the Bulgy's for about $225.00 and E.German models for about $350.00. The 9x18 ammo is not hard to find but is not as common other calibers.

If u like sigs the p 250 is da only but has a sweet smooth trigger, incredibly accurate and has ambidextros slide release. no decocker being DA only. also upgradable should you decide you want a full size or a larger caliber for any reason. I shot one that was a prototype and was immensly impressed.

Any suggestions?

thanks

Being old I never ever thought I'd be shooting tupperware much less praising it but now I can not imagine a better EDC for me. Two guns in one with the 10 round compact magazine you have a compact that still holds more than a full size 1911. Slip in the 13 round mag and you have a full size Tactical or Service model. Carry the compact with a spare mag makes for twenty four out the door. That is a lot o HST flower power for the BG. What continues to amaze me is this is a compact .45 and it is just a blast to shoot and I swear I am a better shot because of it. Not once since I have had it have I left the range because I was beat up from shooting it. Now the XD isn't a beauty queen and you can get lots of prettier guns than an XD. There are even some that are more accurate. But there are none that are more reliable or better suited for EDC than an XD.45. IMO the XD.45 compact is the best Self Defense Every Day Carry gun there is. With well over 2,000 rounds through it without a single FTF. I know it is Rock Solid Reliable. Hits everything I point it at. Eats everything I feed it. Simple to clean & maintain. The grip and trigger safeties are natural and intuitive. No manual safety to confuse matters or cause a delay when nano seconds count, make it ideal for self defense. In a K&D Holsters, my XD is infinitely concealable and a breeze to carry all day long. make it ideal for EDC. Add Springfield-Armory's life time warranty and Springfield-Armory's acclaimed customer service and you have the best EDC you can buy bar none IMO. The XD of course are available in .40 9mm and .357.
Here are some links to XD article if you have not seen them.

XD Torture test
SPRINGFIELD'S XD SUB-COMPACT GOES HIGH-CAP
SPRINGFIELD'S XD GOES THE DISTANCE
THE XD EXTREME DUTY SERVICE AUTO PISTOL
Link Removed
Link Removed
SPRINGFIELD'S X-TREME DUTY POLYMER POWERHOUSE
The XD Goes ACP
Link Removed
Link Removed
SPRINGFIELD'S XD GETS LITTLE
Link Removed
SPRINGFIELD GOES POLYMER
SPRINGFIELD ARMORY XD SERIES
Link Removed
A FAIR SHARE OF ABUSE

I like

my XD-9. have had it now for about 18 months.
15+1 it fits well in my hand and Im one of those that actually like the way they look. its balance continues fully loaded and as the clip empties IMO. as for accuracy, I would be more likely to place the onus for the lack of in my lap not the guns but thats just me :) lots of choices out there, it really boils down to a personal like.

Last edited:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back