Looking for another handgun

Hey Guys,

I am looking to pick up another handgun. I have the Sig P220 which I LOVE! I am just looking for another toy. I only have a Class B LTC in Massachusetts, which means I can't have anything that CAN hold more than 10 rounds. Any ideas? Just curious to see what you guys have for recommendations. Thanks!

Thanks,
Capo

Wow there are so many good handguns out there to choose from. You are on the right track as you can't go wrong with a Sig... Glocks are great handguns and reasonably priced. Check out Springfields XD and XDM lineup and don't forget to check into Heckler and Koch too with their USP lineup.

Wow there are so many good handguns out there to choose from. You are on the right track as you can't go wrong with a Sig... Glocks are great handguns and reasonably priced. Check out Springfields XD and XDM lineup and don't forget to check into Heckler and Koch too with their USP lineup.

My options are very limited however due to the Class B classification. If the firearm can accept more than 10 rounds, I can't own it. For example, the Beretta 92FS I can't own. It comes with a 10rd mag, but was once made to hold 15, thus making it illegal for me to own. Such a pain!

Wow, being limited to something that hold less then 10 rounds sucks and does limit your choices. You could always look at some 1911's. I love my Kimber ultra carry II and it holds 7+1. You could also look into Para or some of springfield's 1911's. Only bummer is some of the 1911's can get a bit pricey.

That was going to be my next suggestion. Can't go wrong with a 1911! The original Colt is great and of course the Kimber and Springfields models too. Geezzz!!! They might as well be saying you can't have any semi-autos. Capo if I were you I would consider moving:big_boss:

That was going to be my next suggestion. Can't go wrong with a 1911! The original Colt is great and of course the Kimber and Springfields models too.

I was thinking the same. I was really hoping for something different than a .45 (which is what my SIG P220 is); just to have something different to shoot. I am not opposed to getting another .45, I just wanted to have a wider variety of calibers. I guess I could go with a revolver, however semi-auto is SOOOO fun!

I was thinking the same. I was really hoping for something different than a .45 (which is what my SIG P220 is); just to have something different to shoot. I am not opposed to getting another .45, I just wanted to have a wider variety of calibers. I guess I could go with a revolver, however semi-auto is SOOOO fun!

Take a look at springfields EMP. I'll have to look again at the capacity but its a 1911 in 9mm. Kimber has also come out with a 9mm 1911. Just not sure if either is 10 rounds or less.

I just looked at Springfields site and the EMP comes in 9mm and .40. The 9mm version holds 9 and the .40 holds 8. So you'd be good to go with either of them.

What a dumb law. I would suggest what I carry the HKP2000SK but it does hold more than 10. Seeing as how you already have a Sig have you checked out the new 250. With the sub compact version it might not be over 10. Not sure.

I also recommend the Springfield EMP 9mm. Have one myself and love it. Magazine hold 9 plus one in the chamber. Fortunately for me, Nevada has no such restrictions.:pleasantry:

Last edited:
How about something a little smaller, something like this Link Removed I just picked up. It's made to fit in any pocket. 6 + 1, with what I like to call "low and blow" sights" made to slide past everything in your pocket with out snagging on anything in your pocket on the way out of your pocket. It's pretty light for cc @ 22 ounces.

Young man, how many times have I told you in previous posts that you need to stop selling yourself short and move up north to either New Hampshire or Vermont, both of which are places where you can own whatever you want?

I have several defense guns but the one in my pocket is different than the one in my nightstand. If it's not with you when you need it...it's obviously useless. I'm in Arizona where shorts and light shirts are the usual attire. I keep a 1911 45 ACP in my nightstand but my carry guns (depending on how lightly I'm dressed) are either a 16-ounce Taurus 605 SH2 .357 mag snubbie or a Kel-Tec P3AT 380 ACP which only weighs 11 ounces loaded with 7 rounds of BB JHPs (1100 fps and 250 ft-lbs energy). Sometimes I carry a Taurus PT-140 Mil Pro in 40 S&W but it's a bit heavy (23 oz with 11 rounds) and bulky for shorts and a light shirt.

Young man, how many times have I told you in previous posts that you need to stop selling yourself short and move up north to either New Hampshire or Vermont, both of which are places where you can own whatever you want?

yea yea I know mannnny times haha and I will be taking your advice soon hopefully. However for right now, I like the feedback I have been getting here on another firearm. I have to look around. Thanks everyone for the feedback, I will take everything into consideration!

Hey Glockster, where did you find the colt DA catalouge? I was under the impression they
only make SAs now. If that's current, I could be real trouble! :triniti:

Well, you already know how well a Sig Sauer shoots. Have you considered the P239 in 40 & .357Sig? I've seen a kit with both barrels included. I have fired a P239 chambered in .357Sig that belongs to a U.S. Sky Marshal. He insisted I shove 4 mags of his Speer Gold Dots through it. I didn't feel like arguing that particular day. :biggrin:

I'm real tempted to look into another Sig now.

I have fired a P239 chambered in .357Sig that belongs to a U.S. Sky Marshal. He insisted I shove 4 mags of his Speer Gold Dots through it. I didn't feel like arguing that particular day. :biggrin:

I'm real tempted to look into another Sig now.

Leave it to someone in law enforcement to force you to do something. That was terribly rude of him wasn't it. :biggrin:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back