Looking for a leather OWB holster without a thumb break

tattedupboy

Thank God I'm alive!
This may sound somewhat surprising, but I have owned close to twenty firearms in my lifetime, and I have yet to own a leather holster. My carry preference has always been IWB during the warmer months and OWB during the colder months. This past winter, I carried a Hi Point C9 in a Fobus paddle holster and right now, I'm carrying my Glock 22 IWB in an Uncle Mike's Sidekick Size 16. As of right now, I don't have an OWB holster for the Glock and I would like to give leather a try. However, besides the Bianchi CarryLok holster found in this link Link Removed all the good leather holsters I'm seeing have thumb breaks, and I absolutely hate thumb breaks. So, my purpose for posting this thread is to get some suggestions on a good leather IWB holster without a thumb break for my Glock 22. Sure, the Bianchi CarryLok looks promising, but I want to have as many options available to me as possible.

And by the way, because I'm going to be carrying concealed, my desired holster doesn't necessarily have to have any active retention devices. As for price, if I could spend about $150 or less, that would be great.

Leather, unlike Kydex will streach and possubly deform. I would strongly recommend the thumb break or other retention device for OWB carry, to prevent the firearm from "presenting its self" at a most inappropriate moment.

gf

If you go to the Concealed Carry Forum and click on the sticky for holsters, you will find DOZENS of holster manufacturers listed on posts #3 & 7. It may take a few hours of browsing, but I am sure you will find several that you will like.

Good Luck!

Leather, unlike Kydex will streach and possubly deform. I would strongly recommend the thumb break or other retention device for OWB carry, to prevent the firearm from "presenting its self" at a most inappropriate moment.

gf

As I said before, thumb breaks are completely out of the question. No way.

I also forgot to mention that I did look at most of the holster makers listed in the concealed carry gear forum, but I was looking for opinions from people who have owned these before I make a choice.

I do not have a Glock, but I have Galco leather for both my 1911 and my Hi-Power. Both have served me well without any active restraint system and I have never had the weapon come loose on its own. Both holsters do have a tension screw that can be tightened to increase tension and hold the pistol more securely. I use the “Concealable Belt Holster” which is a “pancake” for the Hi-power and the one I use for the 1911 is no longer a current product, but is similar to the “Avenger”.

However, one thing to keep in mind with leather is that if you intend to use it “in the field” or “on the water” you will want an active retention system on it because the leather will stretch if it gets submerged in a stream or lake.

Both carry 1911's .I will soon have both for my g23 also. These are molded to fit or hand boned it is called. Both have set screws to make tighter or loosen.

I have carried for several years in a galco concealable holster and have had no problems with my firearm even moving much less coming out of the holster. I wear this holster everywhere even when hunting in the snow or rain and it has not stretched or deformed in any way.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back