Looking for a good BOB.

S&WM&P40

I'M looking for a good BOB backpack. Looking for something that will hold up and will not break the bank does not have to be a name brand as long as it holds up. please no HongKong or China made crap unless it has great reviews. It needs to be a backpack not a bag it also needs to be big so it can hold enough gear for four people but i'm not looking for a Backpacking style backpack unless it's cheap ( from what i have seen they start at around 100 and go up).

Check out LA Police Gear (lapolicegear.com). They have lots of bags at reasonable prices. Maxpedition is my favorite brand, but I also have some of the really inexpensive Diplomat bags and they've been holding up well to a lot of abuse.

yeah i found a few not at LA but they all say they fall apart. I need a big one so i can have all the stuff i would need for the family. It would be easier if this was just a bag for me as they have so many i like. I just cant find one that is big enough.

You can't beat a large alice ruck

yeah i found a few not at LA but they all say they fall apart. I need a big one so i can have all the stuff i would need for the family. It would be easier if this was just a bag for me as they have so many i like. I just cant find one that is big enough.

A large a.l.i.c.e. ruck and frame will do nicely...wear like iron and hold lots'o'crap!

yeah i had some like that. I will look back into them. I was hoping for a soft backpack with no frame. I really like this one but they say it's crap.

MOLLE-126 - MOLLE OD Green Assault Backpack 20x19x12" Lots of Features

I also like this one

Long-Range Bug-Out Bag

But i am more for OD or black.

Also this # day pack that looks good/ looks like it may do. It's really hit or miss when buying stuff like this. Some people say the gear is great other people say it's crap. If anyone has any of the bags or has used them. Or just knows a lot about bags after looking at the bag specs please feel free to give me information.

i agree.

A large a.l.i.c.e. ruck and frame will do nicely...wear like iron and hold lots'o'crap!

i think most any milsur gear will do well for this purpose. my family BoB is contained in a large shoulder bag that contains all we need for short term survival. good idea tp perhaps have smaller kits for indidual members of the family.

I have not found it on the forum yet but if it's here send me a link. Lets start a BOB list. What would you put in a BOB/a list of whats in your bob/photos of your gear. I found it on another site and it's great to see all the gear.

Everyones BOB will be different, as it will depend on what your plan is. For me I have more of a get home bag, that I carry in my trunk. If/when the SHTF then I plan on holing up at my home, (out in the country). I just have an ALICE pack with just enough stuff to get me home (about a 50 mile trip). The military has been humping around with these for years (I know I did my share), and they do have different sizes available. And, unless you plan on backpacking all the time then dont worry too much about the high dollar fancy bags, because its just going to sit in a corner somewhere collecting dust.

You may also want to consider fatigue, it may be better to have a few small packs for your family to help carry than one big one that will wear you out faster, and put you in a position to not be able to function at 100% if you need to respond to a threat, or some other situation where your fam will need you.

Not advertising for another forum... but... check out zombiehunters.org they have lots of information and discussions on this topic, plus they will report back on the equipment that they have and have tested.

If you have a Sams in your area. Get you a swiss gear backpack. I bought mine for $40 and its held up to countless backpacking trips. They come in red orange and green. I know you said no backpacking style but for the price its worth a look. Mines held up longer than most high dollar bags.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back